reup
Connoisseur
reup began at the beginning.

Device: hp ipaq hx2750
button to today date

hello all

this is just a suggestion/request as I cannot find the function anywhere

I sort my PTR (pile to read) base on the date added to calibre
sometime, while looking for something, I find more than one book so I decide to push to the top of the pile a few of them
to do so, I just have to change the date to "Today"
however there is not an easy way to do so, and when some books are as old as a few month, it takes a while to move them to the top

I believe I could select them, do a group "Edit metadata" remove the date then add today's date, it is not the most convenient, so I hope this suggestion will find its way to "the dev "

reup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:32 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I really suggest you NOT repurpose such a basic column {date} like that.

There is the Reading list Plugin for those who wish to manage their habit

Custom Columns can be made for almost any data type

FWIW = is the keystroke for a Date type (in edit mode) for Today
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 01:19 PM   #3
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
I use tags and custom columns for my TBR piles. Changing the date is about the most inconvenient way I can think of how to manage a TBR list.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote