Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-05-2023, 05:20 AM   #1
EpicLPer
EpicLPer began at the beginning.

Device: PW2 (9017)
Unhappy Kindle PW2 upgraded from 5.11.2 to 5.12.2.2 despite Hotfix and Flight Mode

Heya!

Found a PW2 on the dumpster yesterday and decided to jailbreak it, entirely new to all this and followed the guides I found here.
I've installed everything, the package installer and the hotfix to seemingly prevent auto updates and then put it into flight mode when I went to sleep, just to wake up today and finding it updated to 5.12.2.2 all on its own...

I have no idea how this worked and why it did it, I could've sworn I installed the Hotfix right after updating it to 5.11.2 and jailbreaking it to prevent this exact thing...

But yeah, is there any way to downgrade it now? It still shows the KUAL menu but throws an error now when trying to open.

Thanks already for your help!
EpicLPer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 05:30 AM   #2
Vlash
Banned
Vlash has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Vlash has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Vlash has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Vlash has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
The hotfix doesn't prevent them update, it perfects your from losing the jailbreak when it updates. Mostly likely the update was already downloaded when you turned airplane nice on.

Glad you still had it working,i hard bricked my long time friends yesterday
Vlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2023, 05:32 AM   #3
EpicLPer
EpicLPer began at the beginning.

Device: PW2 (9017)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlash View Post
The hotfix doesn't prevent them update, it perfects your from losing the jailbreak when it updates. Mostly likely the update was already downloaded when you turned airplane nice on.

Glad you still had it working,i hard bricked my long time friends yesterday
Oof that sucks, tho read something about the serial header way to maybe get it back to a working state? Not sure.
EpicLPer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 06:40 AM   #4
Vlash
Banned
Vlash has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Vlash has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Vlash has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Vlash has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicLPer View Post
Oof that sucks, tho read something about the serial header way to maybe get it back to a working state? Not sure.
Yeah, I'm reading on about it. I don't have a USB serial right now, but i was going to buy one anyway...

Guess I need that now, thanks for the suggestion
Vlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 02:01 PM   #5
MrKaon
MrKaon will become famous soon enoughMrKaon will become famous soon enoughMrKaon will become famous soon enoughMrKaon will become famous soon enoughMrKaon will become famous soon enoughMrKaon will become famous soon enough

Device: KV, PW5
Can't you use WatchThis method to Jailbreak again and run Downgrader?

Also install this extention to block OTA
renameotabin.zip

Last edited by MrKaon; 02-05-2023 at 02:05 PM.
MrKaon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert