Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-24-2023, 01:51 PM   #1426
axu2
Connoisseur
axu2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Oh, I am so sorry, I just realized you attached sample images. Since you had two thumbnail images I thought those zip files corresponded to the two thumbnails.

What you are observing is this:

The original source images contain margins. In the Kindle Scribe preset, those margins are preserved in the Kindle reader. In the Other preset, those margins are automatically cropped by the reader.

Which one you prefer is a matter of taste. Personally I prefer keeping the whitespace margins on my big screen Kindle Scribe since I consider the whitespace part of the art and I have enough space anyways.

Technically this has to due with whether or not Panel View is enabled. I may look into why this happens, because disabling panel view and keeping the margins would be nice behavior.

TLDR: this is currently intended behavior since the source image contains those margins.

You can force this behavior with the cropping mode option, which will also let you crop out the page number if you prefer.

In general, to contact the devs you open an issue on the GitHub.

Last edited by axu2; 07-24-2023 at 01:55 PM.
axu2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 03:49 PM   #1427
TatorisBR
TatorisBR began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Please I really need help on installing kcc on my pc (windows 10)

I just can't follow the github explanations and tutorial. Please help me
TatorisBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2023, 08:17 PM   #1428
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by TatorisBR View Post
I just can't follow the github explanations and tutorial. Please help me
You could check out message #1395 in this thread.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2023, 11:07 AM   #1429
axu2
Connoisseur

KCC v5.6.3 is now in pre-release: https://github.com/ciromattia/kcc/releases

Most important updates IMO are:
1) Fix Mac support, previously wouldn't work with CBZ/CBR, cover upload, damaged when attempting to run
2) Will automatically detect 7z on Windows, no need to fiddle with PATH.
3) Improved error display (no more None error)
4) will crop to fill screen if image is within 3% of device aspect ratio
Old 08-10-2023, 03:39 AM   #1430
mooncatfairy
mooncatfairy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
Quote:
Originally Posted by axu2 View Post
KCC v5.6.3 is now in pre-release: https://github.com/ciromattia/kcc/releases
How can I fix this problem?
Click image for larger version

Name:	tc1hU51znu.png
Views:	257
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	203092
mooncatfairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-11-2023, 01:36 AM   #1431
axu2
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooncatfairy View Post
How can I fix this problem?
Attachment 203092
Please open an issue on GitHub. I got that problem too. Looks like a GitHub Action issue.

Last edited by axu2; 08-11-2023 at 01:43 AM.
Old 08-11-2023, 11:20 AM   #1432
lohtse
Groupie
lohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Please open an issue on GitHub. I got that problem too. Looks like a GitHub Action issue.
you got a link to it as I could not find it and I have the same issue.
lohtse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2023, 12:56 PM   #1433
axu2
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohtse View Post
you got a link to it as I could not find it and I have the same issue.
You can still use the older v5.6.2 build for Windows. v5.6.3 was mostly fixing Mac support.

Went ahead and opened an issue: https://github.com/ciromattia/kcc/issues/578

Last edited by axu2; 08-11-2023 at 01:44 PM.
Old 08-11-2023, 01:09 PM   #1434
lohtse
Groupie
lohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
You can still use the older v5.6.2 build for Windows. v5.6.3 was mostly fixing Mac support. https://github.com/ciromattia/kcc/releases/tag/v5.6.2

Went ahead and opened an issue: https://github.com/ciromattia/kcc/issues/578
Added my own comment too it too.
lohtse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2023, 01:26 PM   #1435
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I downloaded the build that axu2 generated and it works for me though I've done limited testing.
Old 08-11-2023, 06:10 PM   #1436
axu2
Connoisseur

KCC v5.6.3 has been rebuilt. Additional new features:

Autodetect kindlegen from Kindle Comic Creator/Kindle Previewer. No need to move the exe around.
Landscape reading.
Old 08-14-2023, 02:52 AM   #1437
Tamamaster
Tamamaster began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW 5
Hey guys,

Got an issue with 5.6.3 that i thought has been resolved. My issue links with #556 ( https://github.com/ciromattia/kcc/issues/556 ) where i get the list 'index out of range'.

I saw that this issue was linked to #507 ( https://github.com/ciromattia/kcc/pull/507 ) which is now closed. I do use ComicRack to combine the files into one large book.
Is this an overall ComicRack issue?

Last edited by Tamamaster; 08-14-2023 at 02:55 AM.
Tamamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2023, 04:39 PM   #1438
axu2
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamamaster View Post
Hey guys,

Got an issue with 5.6.3 that i thought has been resolved. My issue links with #556 ( https://github.com/ciromattia/kcc/issues/556 ) where i get the list 'index out of range'.

I saw that this issue was linked to #507 ( https://github.com/ciromattia/kcc/pull/507 ) which is now closed. I do use ComicRack to combine the files into one large book.
Is this an overall ComicRack issue?
I would recommend opening a new issue on GitHub. It would help if you could provide a minimal test file that can reproduce the issue. Can even be blank pages.

This does seems likely to be an issue related to ComicRack.

The v5.6.3 change that intended to fix that issue was:
1) rename pages numerically to fix page order issues with files with '#' and other special characters not legal in older EPUB readers.
2) fix bookmark drift

It also might have a soft limit of 9999 pages, I hope you aren't hitting that.

Last edited by axu2; 08-14-2023 at 04:41 PM.
Old 08-21-2023, 03:26 AM   #1439
Tamamaster
Tamamaster began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW 5
Hey, thanks for the reply.
I'm having trouble with providing a test file as the size of the file is to too large to upload (161MB).
I've tried testing with merging only 3 chapters of the manga (Gantz) via ComicRack which didn't seem to be an issue with KCC. When i tried again with 5 chapters i came up with the error msg again.
The whole manga definitely does not go over 9999 pages aha

Any suggestions on how i could provide a test file for you?
Thanks
Tamamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2023, 01:51 PM   #1440
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamamaster View Post
Hey, thanks for the reply.
I'm having trouble with providing a test file as the size of the file is to too large to upload (161MB).
I've tried testing with merging only 3 chapters of the manga (Gantz) via ComicRack which didn't seem to be an issue with KCC. When i tried again with 5 chapters i came up with the error msg again.
The whole manga definitely does not go over 9999 pages aha

Any suggestions on how i could provide a test file for you?
Thanks
You could upload the file to OneDrive, GoogleDrive, DropBox, whatever else that allows larger files and post the link to that file in the issue. Not sure if they have the ability to post the link privately though that is fairly common with some programs (calibre as an example).

Tags
k5 tools, kcc, kindle tools