Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-07-2022, 04:09 PM   #1381
Krios
Zealot
Krios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five words

Device: Bookeen Odyssey FrontLight 2, Pocketbook Inkpad 3, Kobo Libra 2
Device: Kobo Libra 2
Firmware: 4.32.19501

Bug: When i exit the epub book by going to the main menu, line spacing get messed up (get smaller), only solution is to change font to another one, then change to preferred one again. It's happening to both sideloaded and Kobo fonts.

Another thing i noticed is that font name also get messed up, it should be written in selected font.
("picture_1" is how it should look, picture_2 is how it looks after opening previously exited book)

Also in advanced font settings option "Lorem ipsum dolor" text should be in selected font (picture_3), but after exiting book it defaults to something else (picture_4).

Edit: Problem is only with epubs, kepubs work normally.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	picture_1.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	488.6 KB
ID:	193700   Click image for larger version

Name:	picture_2.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	524.5 KB
ID:	193701   Click image for larger version

Name:	picture_3.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	494.1 KB
ID:	193702   Click image for larger version

Name:	picture_4.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	468.6 KB
ID:	193703  

Last edited by Krios; 10-05-2022 at 06:34 PM.
Krios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 06:42 PM   #1382
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krios View Post
Device: Kobo Libra 2
Please do not double post in two different threads. As for a bug, it's most likely a corrupt database. It definitely is not as bug.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2022, 07:29 PM   #1383
Krios
Zealot
Krios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five words

I have reset reader to factory settings twice, and have also manually updated reader atleast three times, so i dont think it's corrupted database.

Last edited by Krios; 05-07-2022 at 07:33 PM.
Old 05-07-2022, 07:33 PM   #1384
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I have reseted reader to factory settings twice, and have also manually updated reader atleast three times, so i dont think it's corrupted database.
If it was a bug, you would not be the only one reporting this.
Old 05-07-2022, 07:39 PM   #1385
Krios
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
If it was a bug, you would not be the only one reporting this.
I don't know what it is then, i just know i didn't have it until i updated from 4.30 to 4.32.
Advert
Old 05-07-2022, 08:48 PM   #1386
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
Quote:
I have reset reader to factory settings twice, and have also manually updated reader atleast three times, so i dont think it's corrupted database.
While doing a factory reset (or logging out) would fix a corrupted database, that doesn't mean it didn't get corrupted again afterwards.

Usually the database gets corrupted by not correctly ejecting the device after side loading a book. However, there was a bug in the '31 firmware that made it much more likely to happen even if you did eject correctly. The latest firmware ('32) seems to have (mostly?) fixed that.

The signs of a corrupted database include your reading position not being saved across reboots or new books not getting imported after you side load them. Basically, if the database is corrupted, some things get saved in memory but not written back to the database, so the settings are lost on reboot and possibly partially lost on other operations.

I don't know if a corrupted database would cause the font settings to not be saved or be partially saved, but it seems likely.

Last edited by compurandom; 05-07-2022 at 08:50 PM.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 09:16 PM   #1387
Krios
Zealot

I have downgraded to 4.30, no problem there, upgraded to 4.31 also no problem, upgraded again to 4.32, and the problem starts again, kepub fonts work as intended, while epub wont, no matter what i do.
Old 05-08-2022, 11:13 AM   #1388
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
I have downgraded to 4.30, no problem there, upgraded to 4.31 also no problem, upgraded again to 4.32, and the problem starts again, kepub fonts work as intended, while epub wont, no matter what i do.
Are you running Calibre? If so, make sure you have Kobo Utilities installed and check the database under 4.32.
Old 05-08-2022, 11:36 AM   #1389
Krios
Zealot

Tried with clean 4.32 installation, without even connecting reader with PC, same thing.
Old 05-08-2022, 12:03 PM   #1390
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Tried with clean 4.32 installation, without even connecting reader with PC, same thing.
If you haven't connected the device to a PC and it's a clean install I doubt very much you did a full factory reset before the install. You're still playing with the existing installed fonts etc.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 12:16 PM   #1391
Krios
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
If you haven't connected the device to a PC and it's a clean install I doubt very much you did a full factory reset before the install. You're still playing with the existing installed fonts etc.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
I did this:

Quote:
And after every upgrade i did factory reset. I only connected to PC to copy firmware, after install was complete i would do factory reset.
Old 05-08-2022, 03:24 PM   #1392
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Did you do the factory reset from the menu or the manual hard reset that involves pressing buttons?
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 03:43 PM   #1393
Krios
Zealot

Both, problem still persists.
Old 05-08-2022, 05:32 PM   #1394
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Krios also posted about the issue here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=346689

I’d suggest making all replies there as to avoid repeating questions and suggestions needlessly.

This would be why double posting isn’t a good idea.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 09:07 AM   #1395
tCobra
tCobra began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Sage/Libra2
Kobo Sage Phantom Stylus

Device: Kobo Sage
Firmware: 4.32.19501

I kept getting a status indicator that a stylus was being connected to my Kobo Sage. I could not figure out what was causing it since I do not own a stylus. It turns out that it is my iPhone's hot spot that seems to be causing my Kobo Sage to think there is a stylus connected. When My iPhone hotspot is on and in maximize compatibility mode, it causes the phantom stylus to show up, causing my notebooks to be moved from the more menu to the main menu, which is super annoying. Also, my kobo will not connect to my iPhone hotspot unless it is in compatibility mode. I have had my phone hot spot off for weeks and had no issues with the phantom stylus. Today I turned on my hot spot, and boom, the “stylus” returned. It seems like it varies how long it takes for the phantom stylus to appear. A temporary fix is to go into the hidden kobo folder and change the stylus detected from =true to =false.
tCobra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pocket app