Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 08-05-2015, 02:13 PM   #1336
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis
New version uploaded that seems to fix it. Optimizing the filename callback went a little too far

Calibre should offer the update soon.
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 02:18 PM   #1337
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoguen View Post
New version uploaded that seems to fix it. Optimizing the filename callback went a little too far

That wonderful code embellishment Thank you very much.

Last edited by Terisa de morgan; 08-05-2015 at 02:25 PM.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2015, 02:25 PM   #1338
patrik
Guru
patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:

Tested with new 2.5.1. version. All is well again!

Thanks
patrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 02:45 PM   #1339
anavin
Enthusiast
anavin put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.anavin put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.anavin put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.anavin put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.anavin put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.anavin put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.anavin put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.anavin put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.anavin put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.anavin put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.anavin put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura H2O
I just noticed a behaviour on the plugin (not sure if this is a new behaviour Update: no it's not).

After conversion, some of the punctuations are wrapped separately (specifically, ".?!").
I think it is made for "span each sentence instead of paragraph", which should be more precise on reading position or highlight.

However, in some of my books, numbers / punctuations are wrapped in a span like this:
Code:
<span class="tcy">12</span>
<span class="tcy">?!</span>
And the tags become like this after convertion (new line added by me):
Code:
<span class="tcy">
<span class="koboSpan" id="kobo.196.2">?</span>
<span class="koboSpan" id="kobo.196.3">!</span>
</span>
Which breaks the meaning that "?" and "!" should be wrapped together.

I know that "span each sentence" does have its needs, but is there any way to make it not happen on such situation? (eg. don't "span each sentence" when the book is in CJK, or make it an option)

Last edited by anavin; 08-05-2015 at 08:22 PM.
anavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 02:48 PM   #1340
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Are the numbers handled correctly in this case?
Advert
Old 08-05-2015, 03:02 PM   #1341
anavin
Enthusiast
anavin put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.anavin put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.anavin put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.anavin put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.anavin put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.anavin put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.anavin put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.anavin put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.anavin put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.anavin put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.anavin put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Quote:
Are the numbers handled correctly in this case?
Yes, they are still wrapped together.

To be more precisely, the numbers one becomes:
Code:
<span class="tcy"><span class="koboSpan" id="xxx">12</span></span>
The Access render engine actually won't make the CSS set for class="tcy" (in this case, I use ".tcy: {-epub-text-combine: horizontal}" on it) take effect on the "12" when it is wrapped again in another span, so I did have trouble on this case too. But this can be solved by writing this in kobo_extra.css:

Code:
.tcy span { -epub-text-combine: horizontal; }
Old 08-05-2015, 08:20 PM   #1342
anavin
Enthusiast

Just saw my backup plugin; I don't think its a "new" behaviour at all. I didn't encounter it simply because I hacked the container.py in all previous versions (return from __append_kobo_spans_from_text when encounter all span or a).

Last edited by anavin; 08-05-2015 at 08:22 PM.
Old 08-05-2015, 08:24 PM   #1343
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

So, since you've already fixed the bug, perhaps you can contribute the fix to the Github repo?
Old 08-05-2015, 09:45 PM   #1344
Lilarcor
Lilarcor began at the beginning.

Device: H2O
@jgoguen, thanks for the great plugin .I am using Kobo H2O and fresh install calibre with your plugin, other kobo plugin is disabled. When I send a book to device, it never convert book to kepub in device. Does this plugin support H2O.

False alarm, I disabled all other driver, now it works.

Last edited by Lilarcor; 08-05-2015 at 09:52 PM. Reason: false alarm
Lilarcor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 09:51 PM   #1345
Patricius
Enthusiast
Patricius has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
There is a bug. You can use the old version before it gets fixed.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/att...7&d=1433608839
Patricius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 10:12 PM   #1346
anavin
Enthusiast

Quote:
So, since you've already fixed the bug, perhaps you can contribute the fix to the Github repo?
Hmm... what I had done is simply "not kobospan all <span> and <a>*", won't it be too over...?

Anyway I'll do that later today after I leave office (and learn how to use github)

*<a> is for footnotes which looks like <a class="footnote">[12]</a>
Old 08-05-2015, 11:35 PM   #1347
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

Ah, my mistake, I was thinking you'd fixed that bug
Old 08-05-2015, 11:42 PM   #1348
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricius View Post
There is a bug. You can use the old version before it gets fixed.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/att...7&d=1433608839
Way ahead of you!

Quote:

Old 08-06-2015, 08:17 AM   #1349
norbusan
Zealot
norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Glo, Kobo GloHD
Hi everyone,
I have a question concerning the different plugins and the conversion of Japanese books. I have the following plugins activated:
* Kobo Reader Device Interface 2.1.8 (Tomothy Legge and David Forrester)
* KoboTouch 2.1.8 (David Forrester)
* KoboTouchExtended 2.5.1 (Joel Goguen)
* Pandigital Kobo device interface 1.0.0 (Kovid Goyal)
* Kobo Reader 1.0.0 (Kovid Goyal)
* Kobo 1.0.1 (John Schember)

I have converted a epub (kf8) Japanese book that displays correctly on the Kindle in vertical settings right-to-left using Calibre "Convert books individually". I have selected the output Kepub, and removed the ticks from "cleanup epub" and "remove language code", but still the book arrives on the Kobo (GloHD) with the following properties:
* text runs left-to-right
* pagination is right-to-left
(the most inconvenient way ;-)

I faintly remember that in former times I used the Kobo Extended Plugin only (without the Kepub Input and Output plugins) and it did properly convert to Japanese epub3/kepub.

Thanks for any information and all the best

Norbert
* Kobo Reader
norbusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 10:40 AM   #1350
anavin
Enthusiast

Quote:
Ah, my mistake, I was thinking you'd fixed that bug
So I guess I don't need to learn how to use github for now...

Anyway, here's what I had done to my container.py:

Spoiler:
Code:
    def __append_kobo_spans_from_text(self, node, text):
        if node.tag.endswith('span') or node.tag.endswith('a'):
            return False
        if text is not None:

...as you can see, I don't even know how to recognize the node tag properly

Quote:
Originally Posted by norbusan View Post
Hi everyone,
Hi Norbert,

I have the same plugin sets on my calibre too (except my KTE hack), but my books transferred to my kobo display as my expect: rtl + vertical-rl.

Just did a test on my Glo (3.2.0; a rather old version): copy an vertical layout book to my kobo, without rename it.
It seems that RMSDK engine won't recognize page-progression-direction="rtl" property on the opf file.
So, since the pagination goes from right-to-left, I think the book is, at least, renamed as .kepub.epub on device and is using Access engine.
On the other hand, since the text becomes left to right, there might be some modification on the CSS, making the text flow setting invalid.

I guess you can try:
1. copy-paste the book to the device, rename it as .kepub.epub, and see if the text flow is as the expect.
2. Then, check the book transferred on the device by calibre, and see what modification were done on it.

Tags
error, kobo aura one