Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-25-2022, 02:39 PM   #121
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Kobo at least has had the unique Nickel font available for years.
Which has never has the line height fixed which is really odd given how easy it is to fix.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 04:44 PM   #122
the.Mtn.Man
Guru
the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Kobo at least has had the unique Nickel font available for years.
Nickel was always a second rate copy of Rockwell.
the.Mtn.Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2022, 11:40 PM   #123
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.Mtn.Man View Post
Nickel was always a second rate copy of Rockwell.
By Rockwell, do you mean the guy who sang "Somebody's Watching Me"? If so, he was pretty second rate to begin with.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 11:11 AM   #124
alexantao
alexantao began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
HI,

Let me ask something here. Searched but found nothing about it.
I have a Kobo Aura HD. Calibre 6.5.0, everything updated.

With the last version (of this topic), everytime I try to send a book to it, I get a message sying that the database version os not compatible, but the book is sent to the device successfully.

Has anybody got this error ?

Quote:
Device database version: 171.
Device firmware version: 4.34.20097

thanks..
alexantao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 11:29 AM   #125
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexantao View Post
HI,

With the last version (of this topic), everytime I try to send a book to it, I get a message sying that the database version os not compatible, but the book is sent to the device successfully.

In whichever flavour of the Kobo drive (KoboTouch or KoboTouchExtended) you are using, on the Metadata, on device & advanced page, select the attempt to support newer firmware checkbox.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2022, 11:31 AM   #126
Manrico
Manrico began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Libra, Kindle Paperwhite 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexantao View Post
HI,

thanks..
It is answered on page 6 of this thread. Support of this firmware probably will come in the next Calibre release. Until then Calibre will only send books to device, but not update the database. You can override this safety measure by selecting "Attempt to support newer firmware" option.
Manrico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 03:21 PM   #127
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Libra Colour, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
By Rockwell, do you mean the guy who sang "Somebody's Watching Me"? If so, he was pretty second rate to begin with.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 06:42 PM   #128
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Rockwell as an yet another ugly slab serif font.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 02:05 AM   #129
Ned
Ebook reader
Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O (ed 2, v1), Kobo Forma, Kobo Libra 2
Good morning
Just discovered that the Swipe Down facility to show the last three books being read doesn't work as I had hoped.
I side loaded three new books via Calibre and my Libra 2 used those to repopulate the list.
It removed from the list the books I have actually been reading and replaced them with the last three books added to the device. Not too useful really.
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 02:51 AM   #130
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Won't it switch back to the books you're reading if you open those three books again?
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 02:58 AM   #131
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
Won't it switch back to the books you're reading if you open those three books again?
Yes it will. As one would expect. Pretty useful really.
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 03:02 AM   #132
EnricoQu
EnricoQu began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma 8
When the support to READIUM LCP protection ?

When our Kobo readers will have the support to READIUM LCP protection ?
Public libraries are adopting it, I will keep being able to read my borrowed ebooks on my ereader...
EnricoQu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 03:10 AM   #133
Number9
Dude
Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One; Kobo Aura H2o; Sony Reader PRS-T3
Quote:
When that song was new, I thought it was Michael Jackson who sang it! 😂
Number9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 04:00 AM   #134
w00dent0p
Connoisseur
w00dent0p began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned View Post
Good morning
Just discovered that the Swipe Down facility to show the last three books being read doesn't work as I had hoped.
I side loaded three new books via Calibre and my Libra 2 used those to repopulate the list.
It removed from the list the books I have actually been reading and replaced them with the last three books added to the device. Not too useful really.
Same here. I'd much rather it stuck with the 3 most recently opened books.
w00dent0p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 04:01 AM   #135
Ned
Ebook reader
Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O (ed 2, v1), Kobo Forma, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
yes, seemingly it just uses the first three books in the My Books list - so you'd have to go to My Books and Open them first to make them show in the list of three.
I had forlornly hoped that it would keep a separate list of books you had actually opened.
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firmware, firmware release