Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-26-2020, 01:57 AM   #121
Elektron
Banned
Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2 (mark 7), Kobo Mini
Ah... me and my foolishness...
Elektron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 02:58 AM   #122
sb1370
Enthusiast
sb1370 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O
Is it possible to use iptables on kobo?
I want to proxify connections from my device and the first thing I need is some iptables configs.
sb1370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-27-2020, 07:06 AM   #123
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
The Kobo kernel didn't used to support iptables iirc but of course things can change. Shouldn't take very long to figure out though?
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 03:44 PM   #124
sb1370
Enthusiast

Do you know any way to use proxy or vpn on kobo?
Old 07-27-2020, 03:58 PM   #125
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by sb1370 View Post
Do you know any way to use proxy or vpn on kobo?
What would be the point of that?
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-27-2020, 04:01 PM   #126
sb1370
Enthusiast

Bypassing Internet restrictions (in my case even Kobo servers are blocked!)
Old 07-27-2020, 05:03 PM   #127
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Qt5 *should* honor the http_proxy env var, but that may not be enough to cover all bases, and/or it might actually be ignored if Nickel does some funky non-standard stuff (and will require patching the init script to export it before Nickel starts).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 05:54 PM   #128
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Qt5 *should* honor the http_proxy env var, but that may not be enough to cover all bases, and/or it might actually be ignored if Nickel does some funky non-standard stuff (and will require patching the init script to export it before Nickel starts).
I found a built-in config setting: [General] -> proxyUrl. It takes a normal protocol://host:port proxy address (it supports SOCKS/HTTP/HTTPS).
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 04:20 AM   #129
sb1370
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
The Kobo kernel didn't used to support iptables iirc but of course things can change. Shouldn't take very long to figure out though?
I checked the kernel config of my device at kobo github:
# CONFIG_NETFILTER is not set

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
I don't think http alone would be useful to bypass.
Old 07-28-2020, 05:08 AM   #130
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:

I don't think http alone would be useful to bypass.
I think https_proxy and ftp_proxy (and anything else I may be forgetting otoh) is implied.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 10:03 AM   #131
sb1370
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
I found a built-in config setting: [General] -> proxyUrl. It takes a normal protocol://hostort proxy address (it supports SOCKS/HTTP/HTTPS).
How can I access it?
Old 07-28-2020, 11:04 AM   #132
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
I found a built-in config setting: [General] -> proxyUrl. It takes a normal protocol://hostort proxy address (it supports SOCKS/HTTP/HTTPS).
Quote:
How can I access it?
I haven't used this but from @geek1011's post, you would add a line in the [General] section of the Kobo eReader.conf file found in .kobo/Kobo with proxyUrl=protocol://host:port address. A sample might look like:

Code:
[General]
proxyUrl=https://somewheres.net:8083

Last edited by DNSB; 08-02-2020 at 11:16 AM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 03:52 AM   #133
sb1370
Enthusiast

It partially works, store loads well but sync stucks at connecting or checking... and finally fails.
BTW I was looking for a way to proxify other apps like Ultimate Manga Reader. It seems that http_proxy=socks5h:// does the trick, but the app can't handle it. I will discuss it with the devs.

Is there anyway to set environment variables with kobo start menu? I tried using a shell script with export... but it doesn't retain the variables (they are deleted after script execution.) I want to see if nickel does work with http_proxy ?

Thank you for your helps.
Old 01-16-2021, 06:53 AM   #134
OfficerAction
Connoisseur
OfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughing

Device: Kobo Aura One
Hey thanks for all your work on this stuff.
I recently decided to modernize the tools on my kobo.
Unfortunately I have some problems. SSH over Wifi works great. But when I try to SSH over usb using the usbnet script I get an no matching cyfer found error.
Any idea what is the cause of this?
OfficerAction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 07:53 AM   #135
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Are you sure you're setting up the interface properly on your end? That vaguely looks like you're attempting to connect to a completely different machine .

(The sshd is the same, there's no reason it'd work over wifi but not usbnet ).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ssh, telnet, tools