Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-13-2015, 08:27 AM   #121
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis
Did you upgrade calibre and/or the plugin? If so, do you remember what version was installed last?

Last edited by jgoguen; 04-15-2015 at 09:36 AM.
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 09:47 AM   #122
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoguen View Post
Did you upgrade calibre and/or the plugin? If so, do you engender what version was installed last?
Was that question meant for me or for Gibook.

In my case I had Calibre 2.22 installed with the Plugins as 2.33. I upgraded Calibre to 2.23 and the Plugins disappeared. I then tried to re-install the Plugins and hit a problem.

I then downgraded Calibre to 2.22 and re-installed the Plugins. Spurred on by davidfor's comments I later updated Calibre again to 2.23 and hit the same problem. For the full story see item #8 in thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...31#post3077131 , the error messages I hit are shown there.

Once I managed to get the Plugins to install in Calibre 2.23 I became cautious about what I did when I updated to Calibre 2.24. Once the installation of 2.24 was complete I did not accept the "Restart Calibre Now" prompt but simply closed it down, waited a few minutes and then restarted. This time everything was fine.

As I mentioned I had only recently moved from Calibre 1.48 with a new PC which runs Windows 8.1 - It's a four core AMD based machine, I don't know if that makes any difference - Calibre 2.22 was a new install on it as were the plugins.

It may be a case of "post hoc ergo propter hoc" reasoning but I assumed that the problem was caused by how I restarted Calibre. Only your Kepub plugins were affected - other plugins I had installed carried over o.k. both times.

BobC
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2015, 10:48 AM   #123
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I guess it works for both of you

There is a known problem when upgrading from very old versions (top of my head I don't remember which version specifically) that break both of my plugins if you didn't have the latest plugin version installed at upgrade time. Sounds like you hit that bug, and I suspect Gibook did as well.
Old 04-15-2015, 07:02 AM   #124
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoguen View Post
There is a known problem when upgrading from very old versions .... that break both of my plugins if you didn't have the latest plugin version installed at upgrade time. Sounds like you hit that bug, and I suspect Gibook did as well.
In my case it couldn't have been due to this - the PC was less than a week old and Calibre and all its plugins were freshly installed so must have been the latest issue.

Never mind - it works now !

BobC
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 03:55 AM   #125
Gibook
Gibook goes to eleven.Gibook goes to eleven.Gibook goes to eleven.Gibook goes to eleven.Gibook goes to eleven.Gibook goes to eleven.Gibook goes to eleven.Gibook goes to eleven.Gibook goes to eleven.Gibook goes to eleven.Gibook goes to eleven.

Device: kobo glo
i uninstall calibre, reinstallling. now all works ok.
Thanks all
Gibook is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2015, 08:48 PM   #126
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

Candidate update for the KePub output, and a KePub Input plugin compliments of davidfor!
Attached Files
File Type: zip KePub Input.zip (28.2 KB, 330 views)
File Type: zip KePub Output.zip (29.2 KB, 370 views)
Old 08-05-2015, 02:16 PM   #127
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

A new version is up, fresh code that fixes issues in related KePub plugins and generally some improvements all around.
Old 10-01-2015, 02:46 PM   #128
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

New version out, addressing issues with cover image detection in some cases. Look for the update from calibre soon.
Old 10-31-2015, 07:39 AM   #129
Mike the best
Mike the best began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Unhappy

I've followed all the instructions, but it doesn't work with the latest version of Calibre.
Mike the best is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 12:10 PM   #130
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

You need to give more details. What doesn't work? What version of calibre? Is it all books or just some or just one? Do you have a debug log from when the problem happens?
Old 11-02-2015, 09:02 PM   #131
celticwhisper
celticwhisper began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Apologies if this has already been addressed - I searched for "kobo epub" and searched this thread for "cover" but didn't see anything.

I'm converting an EPUB to KEPUB ("The Martian" by Andy Weir) and am running into a minor but irritating problem. The cover image is present and accounted for when paging through the book, but when the device (Kobo Aura HD) sleeps, I get a generic title page with the book title and "Kobo Epub" in plain text rather than seeing the cover image as I do with other files.

This wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the fact that the generic image is in a lower resolution than the device's screen and so looks fuzzy when the device is displaying it.

I can't quite figure out where this image is in the KEPUB file - I can't seem to edit it in Calibre and when I unpack the KEPUB with 7-zip, I can't locate an image file that resembles the generic cover.

I'm assuming that I'm missing something obvious (and will feel a right fool once it's pointed out :-P) but it's a touch maddening to not have that nice cover image displayed at all times when not actively reading.

Am I asking in the right place? Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Proper Cover.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	1.35 MB
ID:	143427   Click image for larger version

Name:	Generic cover.jpg
Views:	390
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	143428  
celticwhisper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 11:34 PM   #132
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

You probably technically want the driver thread, but the code is the same as here so this is fine

Where did you get this book from? I assume you have an ePub copy with the DRM stripped you can send to me? Can you also copy the KePub from your device to send to me?
Old 11-02-2015, 11:42 PM   #133
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
That cover isn't in the file. That is the default cover the device uses when for some reason it cannot generate a cover for a book.

For a kepub, the cover image has to be marked as such in the OPF file. During the conversion, the extended driver tries to do this. But, if it can't (unusual file name or properties) no image gets marked and you will see this default cover. To see of this is the case, you would need to look inside the file.

Another reason for this is a problem in firmware 3.18.0 and possible 3.17.x. If you resend a book that is already on the device, the driver will delete the generated cover file. This seems to confuse the device and it starts using the default cover. Restarting the device will fix this as it has to rebuild the in-memory cache of covers and will regenerate the cover as there is none to read from disk.

As the latter is easy to test, I would restart the device and see if the cover comes back.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 12:31 PM   #134
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

celticwhisperer, did that work for you? Taking a look at the books you uploaded, the KePub is correctly identifying the cover image.
Old 04-11-2016, 04:47 PM   #135
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Hi Joel,

I've just updated to v2.6.0 of the Kepub Output plugin and I'm seeing a problem with spaces being lost when doing a calibre convert from epub to kepub.

The pic below illustrates the problem with spaces going A.W.O.L before inline tags such as <i>, <b>, <small>. I haven't tested <a>, <em>, <strong>, <big> but I'm guessing they may have the same problem.

I've attached a small test source epub in case it helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kepub_ibsmall.jpg
Views:	401
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	147759  
Attached Files
File Type: epub Bold and Italics - jackie_w.epub (2.2 KB, 263 views)
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote