Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-22-2015, 06:36 PM   #121
surquizu
Evangelist
surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, kobo auraHD, kobo auraH2O, kobo Glo HD, kobo aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
For example, Glo, FW 3.13.1, changes marked in red. For clarity, I changed only the height.
Change 1 (in nickel):
Spoiler:
Code:
<patch>
name=?
enabled=true
action=replace_string
position=2D0215
oldpart=#InlineDictionaryView {\n\tmin-width: 500px;\n\tmax-width: 500px;\n\tmin-height: 220px;\n\tmax-height: 220px;\n}\n
oldpart=#InlineDictionaryView[qApp_deviceIsPhoenix="true"] {\n\tmin-width: 650px;\n\tmax-width: 650px;\n\tmin-height: 280px;\n\tmax-height: 280px;\n}\n
oldpart=#InlineDictionaryView[qApp_deviceIsDragon="true"] {\n\tmin-width: 980px;\n\tmax-width: 980px;\n\tmin-height: 350px;\n\tmax-height: 350px;\n}\n
newpart=#InlineDictionaryView {\n\tmin-width: 500px;\n\tmax-width: 500px;\n\tmin-height: 220px;\n\tmax-height: 220px;\n}\n
newpart=#InlineDictionaryView[qApp_deviceIsPhoenix="true"] {\n\tmin-width: 650px;\n\tmax-width: 650px;\n\tmin-height: 480px;\n\tmax-height: 480px;\n}\n
newpart=#InlineDictionaryView[qApp_deviceIsDragon="true"] {\n\tmin-width: 980px;\n\tmax-width: 980px;\n\tmin-height: 350px;\n\tmax-height: 350px;\n}\n
combineparts
</patch>

Change 2 (in libnickel):
Spoiler:
Code:
<patch>
name=?
enabled=true
action=replace_string
position=BF5688
oldpart=#textEdit {\n\tmin-height: 150px;\n\tmax-height: 150px;\n\tmin-width: 515px;\n\tmax-width: 515px;\n}\n\n
oldpart=#textEdit[qApp_deviceIsPhoenix="true"] {\n\tmin-height: 190px;\n\tmax-height: 190px;\n\tmin-width: 550px;\n\tmax-width: 550px;\n}\n\n
oldpart=#textEdit[qApp_deviceIsDragon="true"] {\n\tmin-height: 235px;\n\tmax-height: 235px;\n\tmin-width: 930px;\n\tmax-width: 930px;\n}
newpart=#textEdit {\n\tmin-height: 150px;\n\tmax-height: 150px;\n\tmin-width: 515px;\n\tmax-width: 515px;\n}\n\n
newpart=#textEdit[qApp_deviceIsPhoenix="true"] {\n\tmin-height: 390px;\n\tmax-height: 390px;\n\tmin-width: 550px;\n\tmax-width: 550px;\n}\n\n
newpart=#textEdit[qApp_deviceIsDragon="true"] {\n\tmin-height: 235px;\n\tmax-height: 235px;\n\tmin-width: 930px;\n\tmax-width: 930px;\n}
combineparts
</patch>

First picture shows effect of change 1. The second shows effect of changes 1 and 2.
Perfect! Thank you very much.

values in my aura h2o (v.3.13.1):

in nickel.txt:

Spoiler:
Code:
<patch>
name=Ventana_diccionario
enabled=true
action=replace_string
position=2D0215
oldpart=#InlineDictionaryView {\n\tmin-width: 500px;\n\tmax-width: 500px;\n\tmin-height: 220px;\n\tmax-height: 220px;\n}\n
oldpart=#InlineDictionaryView[qApp_deviceIsPhoenix="true"] {\n\tmin-width: 650px;\n\tmax-width: 650px;\n\tmin-height: 280px;\n\tmax-height: 280px;\n}\n
oldpart=#InlineDictionaryView[qApp_deviceIsDragon="true"] {\n\tmin-width: 980px;\n\tmax-width: 980px;\n\tmin-height: 350px;\n\tmax-height: 350px;\n}\n
newpart=#InlineDictionaryView {\n\tmin-width: 500px;\n\tmax-width: 500px;\n\tmin-height: 220px;\n\tmax-height: 220px;\n}\n
newpart=#InlineDictionaryView[qApp_deviceIsPhoenix="true"] {\n\tmin-width: 650px;\n\tmax-width: 650px;\n\tmin-height: 480px;\n\tmax-height: 480px;\n}\n
newpart=#InlineDictionaryView[qApp_deviceIsDragon="true"] {\n\tmin-width: 980px;\n\tmax-width: 980px;\n\tmin-height: 700px;\n\tmax-height: 700px;\n}\n
combineparts
</patch>

in libnickel.so.1.0.0.txt:

Spoiler:
Code:
<patch>
name=Relleno_ventana
enabled=true
action=replace_string
position=BF5688
oldpart=#textEdit {\n\tmin-height: 150px;\n\tmax-height: 150px;\n\tmin-width: 515px;\n\tmax-width: 515px;\n}\n\n
oldpart=#textEdit[qApp_deviceIsPhoenix="true"] {\n\tmin-height: 190px;\n\tmax-height: 190px;\n\tmin-width: 550px;\n\tmax-width: 550px;\n}\n\n
oldpart=#textEdit[qApp_deviceIsDragon="true"] {\n\tmin-height: 235px;\n\tmax-height: 235px;\n\tmin-width: 930px;\n\tmax-width: 930px;\n}
newpart=#textEdit {\n\tmin-height: 150px;\n\tmax-height: 150px;\n\tmin-width: 515px;\n\tmax-width: 515px;\n}\n\n
newpart=#textEdit[qApp_deviceIsPhoenix="true"] {\n\tmin-height: 390px;\n\tmax-height: 390px;\n\tmin-width: 550px;\n\tmax-width: 550px;\n}\n\n
newpart=#textEdit[qApp_deviceIsDragon="true"] {\n\tmin-height: 610px;\n\tmax-height: 610px;\n\tmin-width: 930px;\n\tmax-width: 930px;\n}
combineparts
</patch>
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_001.png
Views:	366
Size:	143.9 KB
ID:	136291  

Last edited by surquizu; 03-22-2015 at 07:14 PM.
surquizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 12:40 AM   #122
tatung2112
tatung2112 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
I confirm that I wrongly identified those css blocks as referring to the library. Have a look at post 116. surquizu has set the titles in the library view to normal. If you look at his changes (in the spoiler) and do some testing you might find which font family to change.
Thank you very much tshering! I have changed as you said and it is displaying Vietnamese well now (font Arial).
tatung2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2015, 03:15 AM   #123
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
tatung2112, I am glad it worked for you.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 12:28 AM   #124
huuduc1kk2
Enthusiast
huuduc1kk2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo glo, LifeBook plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatung2112 View Post
Hi, I'm trying to change font for book title in Kobo Glo. I have some books with Vietnamese title but my Kobo Glo (3.13.1) doesn't display them the right way. I guess it has something to do with font but I don't know how to edit it.

In the patch for 3.13.1, I see that there are several patches about Library, I have tried to edit and apply these patches but nothing happened. I've tried to edit font-size but yet nothing happen to book title in library.
Hi, I'm Vietnamese too. I trying like you. Dict is ok. But Book title in Kobo is not ok.
Can you Upload 2 file you have edited here. or mail me: huuduc1kk2@gmail.com

Thanks.
huuduc1kk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 09:36 AM   #125
huuduc1kk2
Enthusiast

Can I replace

<patch>
name=?
enabled=true
action=replace_string
position=BD971C
oldpart=* {\n font-size: 18px;\n font-family: Avenir;\n padding-top:2px;\n}\n\n
oldpart=[qApp_localeName="ja_JP"] {\n font-family: A-OTF Gothic MB101 Pr6N;\n}
newpart=* {\n font-size: 23px;\n font-family: Avenir;\n padding-top:2px;\n}\n\n
newpart=[qApp_localeName="ja_JP"] {\n font-family: A-OTF Gothic MB101 Pr6N;\n}
combineparts
</patch>

With

<patch>
name=?
enabled=true
action=replace_string
position=BD971C
oldpart=[qApp_localeName="en_GB"] {\n font-family: A-OTF Gothic MB101 Pr6N;\n}
newpart=[qApp_localeName="en_GB"] {\n font-family: Arial;\n}
combineparts
</patch>

Because my Kobo lang is en_GB

Thanks
Advert
Old 04-06-2015, 03:57 PM   #126
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huuduc1kk2 View Post
Can I replace

<patch>
name=?
enabled=true
action=replace_string
position=BD971C
combineparts
</patch>

With

<patch>
name=?
enabled=true
action=replace_string
position=BD971C
oldpart=[qApp_localeName="en_GB"] {\n font-family: A-OTF Gothic MB101 Pr6N;\n}
combineparts
</patch>

Because my Kobo lang is en_GB

Thanks
The one thing is that you can only make changes to the "newpart", do not try to change the "oldpart". The other thing is, that I would change Avenir to Arial, this would then be effective for any language other than Japanese.
Old 04-06-2015, 09:42 PM   #127
huuduc1kk2
Enthusiast

Thanks for reply.

I don't understand here:

Why we use ja_JP for this patch, Why we dont use en_GB?.

And i can change like here:

Last edited by huuduc1kk2; 04-06-2015 at 11:06 PM.
Old 04-07-2015, 04:00 AM   #128
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Thanks for reply.

I don't understand here:

Why we use ja_JP for this patch, Why we dont use en_GB?.

And i can change like here:

The code introduced by "oldpart=" is the original code. The first line sets in a general way the font-size to 18px, the font-family to Avenir, and the padding-top to 2px. The second line overwrites the font-family to Avenir if qApp_localeName is set to "ja_JP".

The code introduced by "newpart=" is the code that replaces the original code. If you replace Avenir in the first line by Arial, the effective result is: Use Arial for all cases where qApp_localeName is NOT set to "ja_JP", and qApp_localeName="en_GB" is of course included in those cases. I thought this was what you were after.
If however you want Arial ONLY for App_localeName="en_GB", and for all other cases Avenir, you are right in replacing the original [qApp_localeName="ja_JP"] by [qApp_localeName="en_GB"]. It depends on what exactly you want to achieve by the patch.
Old 04-07-2015, 07:56 AM   #129
huuduc1kk2
Enthusiast

Thanks
So i need replace only fist line in newpart?

I want to use Arial when locatename not set to ja_JP

Is there any way to disable kobo overwrite dict when i sys?
If my kobo restar, the font display in dict is reset..hic. How can i prevent that

Thanks again for your guide

Last edited by huuduc1kk2; 04-07-2015 at 09:46 AM.
Old 04-07-2015, 11:07 AM   #130
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Is there any way to disable kobo overwrite dict when i sys?
Have a look at the patch threads. FW 3.12.1 or maybe 3.13.1 includes a patch to that effect. One user however reported that it does not work. Another possibility is to have a script check whether your dictionary has been overwritten, and if yes, then replace it by a back up of your own dictionary. (There is already somewhere I script, I post it if I find it.)

Quote:
If my kobo restar, the font display in dict is reset..hic. How can i prevent that
I do not know a way to prevent this. Since Arial is not loaded on restart automatically, you have to open a book and (maybe also) the fonts menu, to make the font available.
Old 04-07-2015, 07:21 PM   #131
huuduc1kk2
Enthusiast

Quote:
I do not know a way to prevent this. Since Arial is not loaded on restart automatically, you have to open a book and (maybe also) the fonts menu, to make the font available.
I do it, but the font don't load in the dict. So i patch again, it worked.

Quote:
So i need replace only fist line in newpart?

I want to use Arial when locatename not set to ja_JP
Like that:

<patch>
name=?
enabled=true
action=replace_string
position=BD971C
newpart=* {\n font-size: 23px;\n font-family: Arial;\n padding-top:2px;\n}\n\n
combineparts
</patch>

I have an idea to prevent kobo overwite dict : Can we block ip to kobo server, and when it sync, it only conect to Pocket? Can we do it? If Yes, how we do it

Last edited by huuduc1kk2; 04-08-2015 at 02:46 AM.
Old 04-08-2015, 03:57 AM   #132
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
I do it, but the font don't load in the dict. So i patch again, it worked.
Maybe I do not understand correctly what you are saying. Are you saying that after installing the patched file(s), the dictionary text is displayed in Arial, but only until the next reboot, and then you have to install the files again? Or are you saying that it did not work previously and is working now?

Quote:
Like that:

<patch>
name=?
enabled=true
action=replace_string
position=BD971C
newpart=* {\n font-size: 23px;\n font-family: Arial;\n padding-top:2px;\n}\n\n
combineparts
</patch>
Yes, this is how I would do it. It should have an effect on those elements that depend on it, which ever these might be.

Quote:
I have an idea to prevent kobo overwite dict : Can we block ip to kobo server, and when it sync, it only conect to Pocket? Can we do it? If Yes, how we do it
Synchronizing with the Kobo server and synchronizing the Pocket files are not related to each other. I am using Pocket, but I cannot remember the last time I synchronized with the Kobo server. Must have been one or two years or even more. Maybe you have Settings > Syncing and updates > automatic snyc enabled. Try to disable it.

Last edited by tshering; 04-08-2015 at 04:08 AM.
Old 04-08-2015, 06:19 AM   #133
huuduc1kk2
Enthusiast

Quote:
Synchronizing with the Kobo server and synchronizing the Pocket files are not related to each other. I am using Pocket, but I cannot remember the last time I synchronized with the Kobo server. Must have been one or two years or even more. Maybe you have Settings > Syncing and updates > automatic sync enabled. Try to disable it.
Oh, thanks you! I do it, and it work. Now i know that: I can sync Pocket by open Articles, don't need press sync (I don't know it before, so every time i need sync Pocket, i press Sync on the menu, and then, dict gone away. The only thing i need sync is Pocket! And i think many people like that.

I want to say that. (sorry for my English)

Quote:
it did not work previously and is working now?
Everything seem ok now. Thanks tshering

Last edited by huuduc1kk2; 04-08-2015 at 06:30 AM.
Old 04-08-2015, 06:50 AM   #134
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Everything seem ok now.
I am glad to hear this.
Old 04-10-2015, 01:05 AM   #135
tatung2112
tatung2112 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Hi, I'm Vietnamese too. I trying like you. Dict is ok. But Book title in Kobo is not ok.
Can you Upload 2 file you have edited here. or mail me: huuduc1kk2@gmail.com

Thanks.
Hi, sorry for my late replying. Here is attached files to display Vietnamese title for books and also Pocket article (only working for List, not working for Tile). My firmware is 3.13.1. I changed only font to Arial so inside the files, you can search Arial for changed places.

I confirm that each time you restart Kobo, the font will not be loaded and you need to open a book and open font menu so that Arial font will be loaded.

Hope this helps!

PS: there is one thing that I'm not really satisfied is that the dictionary explanation (Vietnamese dict) does not break line (as it does on computer). But it is enough for me to read the book so I do not take further trying.
Attached Files
File Type: txt libnickel.so.1.0.0.txt (194.1 KB, 155 views)
File Type: txt nickel.txt (61.0 KB, 152 views)
tatung2112 is offline   Reply With Quote