Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 12-10-2014, 04:14 AM   #121
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******
BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
New version: 1.3.16

Latest Update: The current version is 1.3.16
Recent Changes:
  • Fixed: filename was disappearing from window title if you edited the OPF file manually.
  • Fixed: file selector was unresponsive after editing the OPF file manually.
  • Fixed: date was not appearing if date tag had extra stuff in it (other than event type)
BenChen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 05:06 AM   #122
Ghitulescu
Fanatic
Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1
Why does a program so small need an installer? I mean, someone that knows how to deal with ePub, certainly knows how to create a folder and to unzip an EXE.
Ghitulescu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2014, 05:18 PM   #123
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******
BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghitulescu View Post
Why does a program so small need an installer? I mean, someone that knows how to deal with ePub, certainly knows how to create a folder and to unzip an EXE.
The installer has the option to associate EPUB files. That's pretty much the only reason for an installer.
Old 12-11-2014, 09:09 AM   #124
Ghitulescu
Fanatic
Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenChen View Post
The installer has the option to associate EPUB files. That's pretty much the only reason for an installer.
I am per definition against installers. For whatever reasons (which I know ) they need admin rights (I don't give admin rights on my computer to everyone just like that, to make a folder and to uncompress files into that folder) and and and

A very good software comes with an installer that, behind the scene, installs an adware. The author of the program is innocent, it's not his fault that he packed his brilliant software with an installer he thought to be of a good faith.
Ghitulescu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 10:02 AM   #125
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Quote:
I am per definition against installers. For whatever reasons (which I know ) they need admin rights (I don't give admin rights on my computer to everyone just like that, to make a folder and to uncompress files into that folder) and and and

A very good software comes with an installer that, behind the scene, installs an adware. The author of the program is innocent, it's not his fault that he packed his brilliant software with an installer he thought to be of a good faith.
Installers cannot always be avoided, unless you will issue a list of manual activities that needs to executed. You know, a list that nobody will read but everyone will moan and complain that the program does not work. Not saying that this is required in this case, but it is often. There are many good (free) installers out there that do not install adware without the author knowing. Installing adware is most of the time deliberate choice made by the author.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2014, 05:10 PM   #126
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******

Quote:

I use Inno Setup (http://www.jrsoftware.org/isinfo.php) and as far as I can tell it does not install adware surreptitiously.
Old 05-11-2015, 04:08 AM   #127
nikoski
Zealot
nikoski began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks a lot for your work on this tool!
I use calibre to manage my books, it uses the name "tags" for the epub field "subject", the tags are separated with a comma, like this: "Amazon, novel".

In the internal calibre editor, in the content.opf this tag looks like this:

Quote:
dc:identifier>
<dc:subject>Amazon</dc:subject>
<dc:subject>novel</dc:subject>
Opened in your editor i see i the field subject only the first tag/line: "Amazon", the second tag "novel" gehts invisible.

What's the problem about that and how could i use your tool and calibre interchangeably to see the same content of the field "subject" in both?
nikoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 05:30 AM   #128
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikoski View Post
I use calibre to manage my books, it uses the name "tags" for the epub field "subject", the tags are separated with a comma, like this: "Amazon, novel".

Opened in your editor i see i the field subject only the first tag/line: "Amazon", the second tag "novel" gehts invisible.

What's the problem about that and how could i use your tool and calibre interchangeably to see the same content of the field "subject" in both?
Hi nikosi,

The program currently only displays the first subject field that it finds. I will consider adding the facility to handle more subjects separated by commas.
Old 05-16-2015, 04:11 AM   #129
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******

New version: 1.3.17

Latest Update: The current version is 1.3.17
Recent Changes:
  • Added ability to handle more than one subject (separated by commas)
  • Added button on OPF editor dialog to reformat OPF file (standardise newlines and tabs)
Old 05-16-2015, 04:12 AM   #130
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikoski View Post

Hi there,

The latest version can now handle more than one subject field. Let me know if you find any issues with the program.

Sincerely,
Ben.
Old 05-16-2015, 04:28 AM   #131
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Latest Update: The current version is 1.3.17
Recent Changes:
  • Added ability to handle more than one subject (separated by commas)
  • Added button on OPF editor dialog to reformat OPF file (standardise newlines and tabs)
A small remark, perhaps it would be better to have another character as divider instead of commas. I can imagine that certain subjects could contain a comma, semicolon, slash, etc. Perhaps a pipe (|) character?
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 04:32 AM   #132
nikoski
Zealot

Quote:
...The latest version can now handle more than one subject field...
Yes, it works now. Thanks a lot!
Old 05-16-2015, 08:15 PM   #133
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
A small remark, perhaps it would be better to have another character as divider instead of commas. I can imagine that certain subjects could contain a comma, semicolon, slash, etc. Perhaps a pipe (|) character?
Hi Toxaris,

That makes sense. I've updated the program.

Sincerely,
Ben.
Old 05-16-2015, 08:15 PM   #134
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******

New version: 1.3.18

Latest Update: The current version is 1.3.18
Recent Changes:
  • Changed subject separator character to pipe (|)
Old 05-17-2015, 03:11 AM   #135
nikoski
Zealot

pipe | as separator:

When i separate the subjects by |:

x|y (without spaces in between), save, close and open again, the "subject" looks like this: xy (no | and no space)
x | y (1x space between each), save, close and open again, the subject looks like this: x y (2x space between them, no |)

How is it supposed to work?