Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-01-2016, 12:37 PM   #121
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickyaxe View Post
A Chapters/Indigo customer service person just responded to my e-mail (took them 2 days), telling me that according to their information, they aren't shipping any Aura One orders until September 6th very professional.
They'll be shipping mine Sept. 27.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 12:43 PM   #122
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
A Chapters/Indigo customer service person just responded to my e-mail (took them 2 days), telling me that according to their information, they aren't shipping any Aura One orders until September 6th very professional.
Interesting. In that case I wonder what's in the package from Chapters-Indigo that's on a UPS truck that I'm hoping will arrive shortly . Unless I'm just in a weird time warp or something and it's actually next Tuesday here
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2016, 01:32 PM   #123
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa, Sage
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by anacreon View Post
It worked - at least the ... Cancelled disappeared. Just now I'm downloading books in batches, so it is only when I'll start reading again that I'll see how it goes. Thank you very much.

Any idea when the new F/W will be available?
So, since I finished downloading my books to the One four hours ago (more than 2000, less than 4 Go available), the battery went from 100% to 51%. Wi-Fi off, light at 55%, no reading, except to compare dictionaries with my Glo HD.

Should I ask for an exchange? Do you think the new firmware will solve it? From what I've read, others don't have such a severe problem.
anacreon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 01:45 PM   #124
pagepack
Zealot
pagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single book

Device: Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by anacreon View Post
So, since I finished downloading my books to the One four hours ago (more than 2000, less than 4 Go available), the battery went from 100% to 51%. Wi-Fi off, light at 55%, no reading, except to compare dictionaries with my Glo HD.

Should I ask for an exchange? Do you think the new firmware will solve it? From what I've read, others don't have such a severe problem.
I think my battery drain was caused by the sync issue/bug that davidfor suggested is present in this firmware. Turned auto sync and wifi off, rebooted and battery seems OK. Will be reading for a couple of hours tonight, so will keep an eye on it.
pagepack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 02:16 PM   #125
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
So, initial impression sums up as : good hardware, poor software.

PDF are horribly laggy, won't stay centred after changing zoom...
Reading mangas on it is a good experiance though.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2016, 02:25 PM   #126
pagepack
Zealot
pagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single book

Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
So, initial impression sums up as : good hardware, poor software.

PDF are horribly laggy, won't stay centred after changing zoom...
Reading mangas on it is a good experiance though.
From what I gather a updated firmware will be out for the official release. The Kobo desktop application doesn't recognize the Aura One as of yet. Model is reported as ereader and I cannot authorize ADE.
Old 09-01-2016, 02:44 PM   #127
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Official release ? Isn't that today ?
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 02:56 PM   #128
Cesca
Groupie
Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobos, iPads, Sonys
My Aura One arrived by UPS today! Here's my quick impressions after setting up and reading a chapter of one book. I found the reader sluggish until I discovered it was trying to synch even though auto synch & WIFI were turned off. Powered it down, restarted it, and it now shows the time of last synch. More important, it's now super responsive. I find the screen much more responsive than my Glo HD. I got Calibre to recognize it by using the "Attempt to support newer firmware" option. I loaded a bunch of books no problem, and it recognized my collections. My only issue so far is when I try to adjust brightness by swiping up and down on the left of the screen, it pages backwards. Have to get used to where exactly to swipe. But there's always the brightness icon on the top right of the screen. Anyway, I'm impressed with it so far.
Cesca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 03:34 PM   #129
EldRick
Evangelist
EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Aura H2O (i86, M96C, Mini&Glo, PRS-950, STR, K-Touch, K-DX, K-3)
Quote:
A suggestion is to keep them between 30% and 70% or 20% and 80%.
Which is exactly what built-in the battery management hardware and software does.
EldRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 03:57 PM   #130
pagepack
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
Official release ? Isn't that today ?
Nope, 6th September.

3rd party sellers have either mistakenly sold an Aura One, in my case. Or are ignoring Kobo's release schedule.
Old 09-01-2016, 04:40 PM   #131
pickyaxe
Addict
pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Question for Aura One owners: can you still adjust brightness by sliding your finger on the left side of the screen?
If so, can you also now adjust the "ComfortLight" by sliding on the right side of the screen?
pickyaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 04:52 PM   #132
pagepack
Zealot

Quote:
Question for Aura One owners: can you still adjust brightness by sliding your finger on the left side of the screen?
If so, can you also now adjust the "ComfortLight" by sliding on the right side of the screen?
Yes brightness can adjusted by sliding the left hand side of the screen. To adjust the screen temperature you have access the light settings, you can leave it auto. You select your bedtime and the screen temperature is gradually adjusted during the evening. You can also leave the light in auto and the front light will adjust to ambient light.
Old 09-01-2016, 05:36 PM   #133
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
Interesting. In that case I wonder what's in the package from Chapters-Indigo that's on a UPS truck that I'm hoping will arrive shortly . Unless I'm just in a weird time warp or something and it's actually next Tuesday here
LOL You got Lucky... Since this Ia Labor Day weekend When Everything is Closed till Tuesday.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 05:41 PM   #134
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
And you officially got screwed on this deal somehow . Mine showed up this aft. I think I'd try CS again just to make sure your order isn't lost somewhere.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 06:21 PM   #135
icallaci
Guru
icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
Quote:
I'm in the U.S. and my Aura One shipped yesterday (August 31) from Chapters/Indigo. Tracking info shows in transit. The sleep cover is another story. Won't ship until Sept. 6.
icallaci is offline   Reply With Quote