Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2016, 09:20 PM   #121
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent.
Old 01-16-2016, 11:46 AM   #122
dbz2020
dbz2020 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
How do you not get tired of image requests?
Do you have one you could send for Aura HD? Thanks!
Advert
Old 01-16-2016, 08:21 PM   #123
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Luckily, there aren't that many.

And PM sent.
Old 01-18-2016, 08:35 PM   #124
dbz2020
dbz2020 began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Luckily, there aren't that many.

And PM sent.
Lifesaver! My newly acquired Aura HD definitely has battery problems, but on top of that, crashed during a factory restore, and would not boot after that. Writing new image to new SD card and it came back to life! So, I did not think this was supposed to happen, because of having a factory restore partition on the device, but obviously something does get corrupted.

Glad to be back in business! Thanks davidfor!
Old 01-23-2016, 08:26 AM   #125
WoodBox
WoodBox began at the beginning.

Hi all , my girlfriend has an AURA HD, some days ago the screen was freezed and doesn't work the pinhole reset button, not even holding the power button.
I have already opened the kobo and have the SD card in my hands.
After digging a bit in Internet I found this thread and see that maybe I can bring tto life again the Aura HD.

Could I have the link to the image so try to fix the aura ?

Thank you very much
Advert
Old 01-23-2016, 08:38 AM   #126
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 01-23-2016, 11:42 AM   #127
WoodBox
WoodBox began at the beginning.

Thank you, but after doing some tries I'm almost 100% sure that the problem is the battery.
No matter if I charge the battery 5 minutes or 4 hours , the screen is always with the same image in the main menu, not responding to basic reset, factory reset or wahtever i do.

The ebook was working fine, and after charge it the screen was freezed, since then nothing could be done.
I discart screen damaged, because my girlfiend take care of it and never receive a single blow, also the screen seems pretty good without horizontal or vertical lines , simply freezed.

Right now i've ordered a new one and hope this is the problem.
Not very good result , this ebook has only one year and about 1200 hours of use.

Thanks for your help
Old 01-23-2016, 07:47 PM   #128
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

That doesn't sound like a battery problem. If it was, when you plugged it into computer or charger, it would start after a while. This is usually happens quickly, but if the battery is completely discharged, it can take a while.

This sounds more like the screen is damaged. But, does the LED near the power button change when you plug it in? Or when you try and turn it on? Or try a factory reset?
Old 01-23-2016, 08:35 PM   #129
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodBox View Post
Thank you, but after doing some tries I'm almost 100% sure that the problem is the battery.
No matter if I charge the battery 5 minutes or 4 hours , the screen is always with the same image in the main menu, not responding to basic reset, factory reset or wahtever i do.

The ebook was working fine, and after charge it the screen was freezed, since then nothing could be done.
I discart screen damaged, because my girlfiend take care of it and never receive a single blow, also the screen seems pretty good without horizontal or vertical lines , simply freezed.

Right now i've ordered a new one and hope this is the problem.
Not very good result , this ebook has only one year and about 1200 hours of use.

Thanks for your help
Can you post a good photo of the screen?
Old 01-30-2016, 12:44 PM   #130
aamazed
aamazed began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura hd, kindle
Bricked

I think my Kobo Aura HD is bricked. pinhole reset, button combination reset did not help. Looks like internal sd care reset is the next thing to try.

Can someone send me the image?

(is it too stupid to task how do I open this thing?)
Old 02-08-2016, 08:04 AM   #131
lfrrr
lfrrr began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura hd
Hi everyone,
I changed the battery on my Kobo Aura HD but now it is bricked because I clicked by mistake on the windows message "worning you need to format...", while reading the internal microsd.
Now I need an Image to copy on a new microsd, can somebody help? Please?
Old 02-08-2016, 08:06 AM   #132
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 02-11-2016, 07:44 AM   #133
lfrrr
lfrrr began at the beginning.

Thank you davidfor, your image worked and so does the new battery.
If anyone has difficulty to find a battery that fits the Aura HD let me know and I'll post the link to the website I bought it from. I don't know if I am allowed to post a commercial link here, but it took me so long to find it that I think somebody else might need the help.
P.S. When my Aura HD froze I think that the charger fried the battery AND the data on the internal SD card. Even connected to the computer or power plugged for hours would not start again. When I changed the battery the light whent on but I still could not start the reader and plugging it via USB to a pc did not connect it. It was necessary to get a new image for the internal sd card to get the usb port, the start botton and the touchscreen to work. Davidfor saved the day, thank you again.
Old 02-12-2016, 02:23 PM   #134
slee653202
slee653202 began at the beginning.

Blank screen

Hi, davidfor, can you please send me your link to the sd card image to save my bricked aura hd. thanks.
Old 02-12-2016, 06:57 PM   #135
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Closed Thread