Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-30-2014, 10:49 PM   #121
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
When using kterm
Code:
cd /mnt/us/librariansync/
./generate_collections.py -export > export.log 2>&1
It builds a partial list in /mnt/us/extensions/exported_collections.json and then conks out with the following export.log:

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./generate_collections.py", line 323, in <module>
    export_existing_collections(c)
  File "./generate_collections.py", line 242, in export_existing_collections
    export.update(collection.to_calibre_plugin_json())
  File "/mnt/us/extensions/librariansync/kindle_contents.py", line 113, in to_calibre_plugin_json
    "items": self.build_legacy_hashes_list(),
  File "/mnt/us/extensions/librariansync/kindle_contents.py", line 98, in build_legacy_hashes_list
    if e.cdekey.startswith('*'):
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'startswith'
Kindle Touch 5.3.7
librariansync = Update_librariansync_1.6_kindle5.bin
python snapshot = kindle-python-0.10.N-r10933.tar.xz
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 08:47 AM   #122
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@eschwartz: Hmm, could you PM me a copy of your /var/local/cc.db?

(It looks like there's a book entry without a cdeKey set, which shouldn't happen, so I simply assumed it would always exist, an assumption which obviously blows up in our face in this case).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 10-01-2014 at 08:49 AM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2014, 02:21 PM   #123
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Sorry. I will remember next time (if there is one) to backup the db before I export with CM and reregister and rebuild the db with librariansync -- which worked beautifully.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 09:07 AM   #124
barsanuphe
Connoisseur
barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: PW2, Kobo H20, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobusr View Post
Try adding into filename '^%', e.g:

'test ^%.mobi'
I tried and nothing special happens (scraping + converting + importing)...
barsanuphe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 08:58 PM   #125
RaihaX
RaihaX began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2
Hey All been trying to get this to work and have gone through the whole thread to see if anyone else is experiencing the same issue.

So my device is a kindle pw2 (9017) which i had to rollback the firmware to jailbreak it. Manage to get KUAL and LibrarianSync up and running after i re-update it back to the new version.

I use the Calibre Kindle Collections to create the plug in and I go to my kindle and use the "Update Collections from Calibre Plugin" it kinda just hangs showing that message at the bottom (Something along the lines of updating collection) with three dots.

My question is that does it take a while to update the collections as i have left it for an hour last night and with no change. I have left it "Updating" at home to see if it makes a difference.

I only have 300 books and 57 collections so i didn't think it would take very long to do.

Last edited by RaihaX; 10-23-2014 at 09:01 PM.
RaihaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2014, 10:57 AM   #126
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@RaihaX: On a wild guess, your version of Python is probably too old (or not installed at all). Make sure you're using the latest snapshot.
Old 10-24-2014, 01:22 PM   #127
barsanuphe
Connoisseur
barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

It's probably a python install issue, otherwise there would be other things written at the bottom of the screen, above the KUAL status message. It seems the python script is never launched.
Old 10-24-2014, 09:16 PM   #128
mobusr
Enthusiast
mobusr began at the beginning.

Device: pw2
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaihaX View Post
Hey All been trying to get this to work and have gone through the whole thread to see if anyone else is experiencing the same issue.

So my device is a kindle pw2 (9017) which i had to rollback the firmware to jailbreak it. Manage to get KUAL and LibrarianSync up and running after i re-update it back to the new version.

I use the Calibre Kindle Collections to create the plug in and I go to my kindle and use the "Update Collections from Calibre Plugin" it kinda just hangs showing that message at the bottom (Something along the lines of updating collection) with three dots.

My question is that does it take a while to update the collections as i have left it for an hour last night and with no change. I have left it "Updating" at home to see if it makes a difference.

I only have 300 books and 57 collections so i didn't think it would take very long to do.
Did you clone librariansync under windows repo? It might be an issue.
I suggest starting generate_collections.py script from the console.. For this you need to install SSH daemon and connect to kindle over Wi-Fi/USB..
mobusr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 09:51 PM   #129
RaihaX

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@RaihaX: On a wild guess, your version of Python is probably too old (or not installed at all). Make sure you're using the latest snapshot.
Will check my python version i got it from this link https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=225030

Quote:
Originally Posted by barsanuphe View Post
It's probably a python install issue, otherwise there would be other things written at the bottom of the screen, above the KUAL status message. It seems the python script is never launched.
Was thinking there was something with my install

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobusr View Post
Did you clone librariansync under windows repo? It might be an issue.
I suggest starting generate_collections.py script from the console.. For this you need to install SSH daemon and connect to kindle over Wi-Fi/USB..
Will try this as well
Old 10-24-2014, 09:56 PM   #130
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@RaihaX: Hmm. When do you still have the archive you used, to confirm the exact revision?
Old 10-25-2014, 07:17 AM   #131
RaihaX

Quote:
@RaihaX: Hmm. When do you still have the archive you used, to confirm the exact revision?
for Python? if so kindle-python-0.10.N-r10971
Old 10-25-2014, 08:39 AM   #132
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@RaihaX: Yup, should work...

I'll take a look at it on my end, but in the meantime, if you can check what happens when running it manually over SSH (w/ USBNetwork), that'd be neat .
Old 10-26-2014, 11:35 PM   #133
RaihaX

Quote:
@RaihaX: Yup, should work...

I'll take a look at it on my end, but in the meantime, if you can check what happens when running it manually over SSH (w/ USBNetwork), that'd be neat .
I reinstalled with the latest snapshot on your page and it is working fine now

Must have a been a user error during the first python installed!

Thanks for all the help!
Old 10-27-2014, 03:18 AM   #134
barsanuphe
Connoisseur

user errors are the best kind
Glad you got it working!
Old 11-25-2014, 01:23 PM   #135
PRS-T2
Connoisseur
PRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileRead

Device: Sony PRS-T2, Kindle PW2, Oasis 3
Thanks for making LS, I love it, works like a charm
PRS-T2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle collections, librariansync