Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 02-28-2010, 06:05 AM   #106
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileTechReview View Post
And Lisa has to trust IREX management . Their North American CEO was cc-d in the email I received with the info, so I trust they mean what they say.
Well, I'll trust iRex management (please avoid comments, I own an Iliad since 3 years ago).

For me it's not important if it's April or June, as far as they include these features.

Now, let's change, my profile to "waiting the arrival of DR800S" ;-)
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 06:30 AM   #107
Matthijs
Groupie
Matthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enough

Device: iLiad, DR1000S, DR800SG
Thanks everyone for the comments on why zooming is needed. As some of you guessed, we engineers know perfectly well why zooming is needed.
Your comments have helped to change the original decision not to do zooming (as you can see from the 'leaked' feature list posted above).
Matthijs is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-28-2010, 07:18 AM   #108
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthijs View Post
Thanks everyone for the comments on why zooming is needed. As some of you guessed, we engineers know perfectly well why zooming is needed.
Your comments have helped to change the original decision not to do zooming (as you can see from the 'leaked' feature list posted above).
See? That's one of the reasons I like iRex and their openness.
Thanks Matthijs and coworkers
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 08:46 AM   #109
etienne66
Groupie
etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kindle 2, PRS-600 Black, PRS-650 Red, Adam w/ Pixel Qi(pre-ordered)
Now if we can just get a positive comment from Matthijs about the dictionary I'll be happy.

Etienne66
etienne66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 11:48 AM   #110
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: iPad Mini 4
Quote:
Thanks Matthijs. It's great to see that iRex is listening to their user base and willing to adjust plans. You guys have really released a great product with the 800 and the subsequent updates will make it even better.

For me the one critical missing item is dictionary support. Please emphasize the need for this. I don't even care if I have to add my own dictionary, but the lack of this feature is the current critical gap when compared to the Sony 900, Kindle's, et al.
Mr. Goodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-28-2010, 02:19 PM   #111
CoolDragon
Addict
CoolDragon doesn't litterCoolDragon doesn't litter

Device: none
I hope the "fit width" zoom in landscape mode (which Sony 900 does) will be included in the upcoming firmware release.

Anyway, it is great to see how the IREX management is reacting to the users/potential users. If the marketing or management teams can read all the 800SG reviews, they should realize the great impact on sales if they incorporate the Sony 900's software features. Just as this review pointed out: The Best eReader? - iRONY DRS-850 http://www.the-ebook-reader.com/irex-vs-sony.html
CoolDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 03:03 PM   #112
catharsis
Addict
catharsis began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR800SG, Onyx Boox M92
Matthijs, now make the European version cost 400€ and I'll be a happy costumer
catharsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 03:26 PM   #113
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolDragon View Post
... If the marketing or management teams can read all the 800SG reviews, they should realize the great impact on sales if they incorporate the Sony 900's software features. Just as this review pointed out: The Best eReader? - iRONY DRS-850 http://www.the-ebook-reader.com/irex-vs-sony.html
I agree. The only shortcoming (for me) on the Sony is the screen contrast due to the touchscreen. The feature set and user interface are so well thought out and practical, that I was comfortable paying $400 for it and don't regret it. I'd be willing to plop down another $400 for the DR800SG if/when it has a comparable feature set. I would still hold on to the Sony.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 10:44 PM   #114
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Great news! Now I can get one.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 10:18 AM   #115
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Thanks for the update Matthijs. Glad to hear management is listening to us.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:38 AM   #116
OrcaBlue
Groupie
OrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-500
I am glad that IREX will incorporate "note taking" app and selection zoom. I have the DR800SG ordered and on its way. Now if we can get dictionary that would awesome. I find having it is very useful.
OrcaBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:48 AM   #117
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcaBlue View Post
I am glad that IREX will incorporate "note taking" app and selection zoom. I have the DR800SG ordered and on its way. Now if we can get dictionary that would awesome. I find having it is very useful.
I'm hoping we'll hear something from them about the dictionary. Based on what I can see, it sounds like this is more of a technical issue than a business one (unlike zoom). For example, there are copies of the DR800 manual that include a section on the dictionary. I'm guessing that it either wasn't quite ready yet for the initial release, or else it was in there but had to be taken out due to a problem of some kind.

It would be nice to know for sure though, and if there are currently plans to add it.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:24 PM   #118
AlpGlide
Connoisseur
AlpGlide began at the beginning.

Device: dr900
when will we get new firmware?

Quote:
when will we get new firmware? thanks
AlpGlide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 12:32 PM   #119
Shaggy
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpGlide View Post
when will we get new firmware? thanks
They've said they are shooting for April, but that's just an estimate. Lots of things can happen between now and then.

We'll get it when it's ready.
Old 03-01-2010, 02:25 PM   #120
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
Quote:
Brilliant! If I'm ever in Eindhoven (or you are ever in Århus), I must buy y'all a beer.
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote