Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 04-21-2020, 06:01 PM   #106
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Libra Colour, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Oasis3, Voyage
@jjansen-

It is not waterproof. But it is an outstanding ereader, particularly with Moon Reader+ Pro.

BTW, I haven't been successful with a fully functioning CC on this device.

Last edited by Skydog; 04-21-2020 at 07:21 PM.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 09:06 PM   #107
jkrzok
Connoisseur
jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD, Aura One, Voyage, Oasis 1 & 2, Many others getting dusty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
@jjansen-

It is not waterproof. But it is an outstanding ereader, particularly with Moon Reader+ Pro.

BTW, I haven't been successful with a fully functioning CC on this device.
CC freezes up on me on updating the library. I suspect that there may be a bad ebook in the bunch as when I add other batches I have no issue. Will experiment to see if it is just a bad file.

BTW, I didn't thing the higher speed wifi would be a big deal in an ereader but the speed is very much noticed and appreciated.
jkrzok is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2020, 10:12 PM   #108
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrzok View Post
CC freezes up on me on updating the library. I suspect that there may be a bad ebook in the bunch as when I add other batches I have no issue. Will experiment to see if it is just a bad file. WiFi speed is very good.

BTW, I didn't thing the higher speed wifi would be a big deal in an ereader but the speed is very much noticed and appreciated.
Sounds like a it could be a rogue book. I've found with "Title" displayed in the upper left, all the books are showing up listed in bold "Author" first and title in smaller font underneath. It's driving me nuts. Also, is it possible to display the bookcase, or not due to eink? WiFi speed is very good.
Old 04-22-2020, 01:01 PM   #109
jkrzok
Connoisseur
jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Lightbulb

I'm about half way through finding what the bad book might be and i may just leave well enough alone for now as the fix to the freeze seems to be to remove all the books on the Nova2 and uninstalling and reinstalling Calibre Companion.

I don't see any issues in the title vs author issue.

As to the bookcase view it's still there but like me you can't see the button to turn it on. Look at your App Optimization settings (available through the Navigation Ball app). Under display you can either turn off the Whiten Apps Backgrounds or open the settings there and change the icon color to something darker. Now you can see the settings button, the sort button, and the bookcase button.
Old 04-22-2020, 01:16 PM   #110
jkrzok
Connoisseur

Another issue I'm noticing is that opening a book through the devices library (with Moon Reader+ set as the devices default) and in opening it in CC (again in Moon) will open the book in different locations. Calibre on my PC sees two copies of the book on the device; deleting either seems to delete both. Odd.
Advert
Old 04-22-2020, 02:41 PM   #111
Skydog
Wizard

@jkrzok-

I'll check my app optimization settings again as you suggest, thank you.

I too have duplicates when connected to Calibre (of books that have been opened in MR). One file is in Storage/Calibre_Companion and another created in Storage/Books/MoonReader/attachments. I don't have this problem on my phone or tablets. (Displaying dups in CC)

Also, the title of a couple of books transferred as subtitle instead in Nova's library when I transferred directly from Calibre via USB. There is something odd going on with the software. I've not experienced these anomalies on any other devices.
Old 04-23-2020, 03:55 PM   #112
slanotran
slanotran began at the beginning.

Device: Kindke 3
Hello! I have a few questions and hope that you can answer:

1. Can someone tell me more about browsing experience? Is it enough smoothly and convinient to scroll the web pages. The main reason to buy this device is for reading articles in different web sites. Whether the refresh rate is sufficient for this purpose, because some other devices, including my kindle, are very annoying.

2. Can I install alternative web browser like Brave browser?

3. Is it possible to use it only with finger, without using stylus pen?

4. I would be grateful if anyone would tell me an online store that sells from the European Union, because it is very expensive if I ordered outside the EU. I saw links back in the thread, but unfortunately in some of these sites the device is out of stock.
slanotran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 04:10 PM   #113
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by slanotran View Post
1. Can someone tell me more about browsing experience? Is it enough smoothly and convinient to scroll the web pages. The main reason to buy this device is for reading articles in different web sites. Whether the refresh rate is sufficient for this purpose, because some other devices, including my kindle, are very annoying.
There are different screen modes, X-Mode even enables video playback.
Scrolling is no problem
Quote:
2. Can I install alternative web browser like Brave browser?
Yes, but only Android Versions - Brave, i donot know.
Quote:
3. Is it possible to use it only with finger, without using stylus pen?
Yes
Quote:
4. I would be grateful if anyone would tell me an online store that sells from the European Union, because it is very expensive if I ordered outside the EU. I saw links back in the thread, but unfortunately in some of these sites the device is out of stock.
UK Warehouse

Last edited by ottischwenk; 04-23-2020 at 04:17 PM.
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 05:18 PM   #114
slanotran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
Thank you for quick response. I have already checked this site, but the device is out of stock.

One more question. Does anyone have an idea for how many days approximately lasts the battery, especially if you browsing often?
Old 04-23-2020, 05:34 PM   #115
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
I have already checked this site, but the device is out of stock.
Not in UK Warehouse
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 05:02 AM   #116
rowe
Zealot
rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A9, Mira, Paperlike Colour
'Can someone tell me more about browsing experience? Is it enough smoothly and convinient to scroll the web pages. The main reason to buy this device is for reading articles in different web sites. Whether the refresh rate is sufficient for this purpose, because some other devices, including my kindle, are very annoying.'

Unfortunately you may well be disappointed if this is your main use case. Most e-readers only excel at book reading. This e-reader is more flexible, but I'd still say it's only really excels for book/manga reading (also possibly note taking and writing, but I can't speak for that personally).

The general web browsing experience isn't in the same league as a laptop, tablet, or even a smartphone.

Outside of work/shopping, I've replaced my casual web browsing with reading magazines on the Nova 2. I use RBDigital's website (works better than the Android app) to get a good selection free via my local library account. There are formatting options which suit an e-reader well.
rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 09:03 AM   #117
SleepWithMachine
Zealot
SleepWithMachine once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SleepWithMachine once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SleepWithMachine once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SleepWithMachine once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SleepWithMachine once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SleepWithMachine once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SleepWithMachine once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SleepWithMachine once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SleepWithMachine once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SleepWithMachine once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SleepWithMachine once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: some ..
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowe View Post
'Can someone tell me more about browsing experience? Is it enough smoothly and convinient to scroll the web pages. The main reason to buy this device is for reading articles in different web sites. Whether the refresh rate is sufficient for this purpose, because some other devices, including my kindle, are very annoying.'

This is not easy to say and always in the eye of the beholder.

Above all, it's also down to the website. How is it structured, what is the color and contrast are there many pictures, little or much text etc
SleepWithMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 11:07 AM   #118
slanotran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepWithMachine View Post
This is not easy to say and always in the eye of the beholder.

Above all, it's also down to the website. How is it structured, what is the color and contrast are there many pictures, little or much text etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowe View Post
Unfortunately you may well be disappointed if this is your main use case. Most e-readers only excel at book reading. This e-reader is more flexible, but I'd still say it's only really excels for book/manga reading (also possibly note taking and writing, but I can't speak for that personally).

The general web browsing experience isn't in the same league as a laptop, tablet, or even a smartphone.

Outside of work/shopping, I've replaced my casual web browsing with reading magazines on the Nova 2. I use RBDigital's website (works better than the Android app) to get a good selection free via my local library account. There are formatting options which suit an e-reader well.
SleepWithMachine, you are right, it's depend on the website's structure.
The web sites that I intended to read have only text, no pictures. Yes, I know that the web browsing as not so good as a laptop/smarthphone, but when I have to read 3-5 hours per day, I'm looking for some kind of e-ink tablet, which can load the article with ease. I have already seen some reviews in youtube, but it is not possible to understand how flawless is web browsing actually.
I think it would be useful not only for me, if someone upload video with web browsing in different modes (I saw there are 4 modes) with different web pages.
Old 04-28-2020, 04:00 AM   #119
kindle72
kindle72 began at the beginning.

Device: A7CC
Quote:
Compared to Kindle Oasis, web browsing is like night and day. A lot better. But keep in mind, it's still an E-Ink display. Some websites use too many animations, Javascript, colored themes and so on...

I use "Firefox Preview" with "Ublock Origin" content blocker and can browse my favorite sites without much problems.
kindle72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 03:54 PM   #120
slanotran

Оne more question for those of you who use the web browser.
Is it possible to "zoom in" permanently the whole web pages (or only font size) from default 100% to 125% or 150%, as it possible on google chrome for a desktop computer?
Some reviews show zoom with two fingers but I can't understand that is it possible by the browser setting and how it looks in 7.8 inch screen.