Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-26-2019, 10:11 AM   #106
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplan View Post
I installed the "Freedom to advanced fonts control" patch and it looks like it is working nicely. My main use for it is to change font weight on my favorite side-loaded font (Minion Pro), it's way to light without customization.

I did not come across any side effects with this. I'm not saying it doesn't need to be updated, just that without updating it things worked out for me.
I'm reading a side-loaded, converted Kepub.

Your mileage may vary.
I’m talking about the following

Missing patches:
- My 24 line spacing values (waiting for GeoffR to update).
- Custom font sizes (waiting for GeoffR to update).
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 02:38 PM   #107
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Can this patch be converted to work with current 4.17 firmware if it doesn't work as is?
Jackie and Jon, I've updated this patch and rewritten it (and the other power timeout one) to be multi-version. It will be released in v53 once GeoffR's patches are updated (if he doesn't show up in a few weeks, I'll figure those patches out), or you can copy-paste from GitHub or below:

Code:
Larger Sleep/Power-off timeouts:
  - Enabled: no
  - PatchGroup: Sleep/Power-off timeouts
  - Description: |
      Increase the available sleep/power-off timeouts to larger values (up to a
      few weeks). See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3887105
      for additional values.
  # Multiplier in N3PowerWorkflowManager::configureWakeup
  - ReplaceBytesAtSymbol: {Symbol: "N3PowerWorkflowManager::configureWakeup(AlarmControl*, int, char const*)", Offset: 11, FindH: 04 FB 05 F5, ReplaceH: 4F EA C5 45} # mul r5(dest), r4(multiplier), r5(mins)  -> lsl r5, r5, #19
  # Multiplier in N3PowerWorkflowManager::pollBattery
  - ReplaceBytesAtSymbol: {Symbol: "N3PowerWorkflowManager::pollBattery()", Offset: 101, FindH: 08 FB 00 F8, ReplaceH: 4F EA C0 48} # mul r8(dest), r8(multiplier), r0(mins)  -> lsl r8, r0, #19
  - ReplaceBytesAtSymbol: {Symbol: "N3PowerWorkflowManager::pollBattery()", Offset: 149, FindH: 02 FB 00 F2, ReplaceH: 4F EA C0 42} # mul r2(dest), r2(multiplier), r0(mins)  -> lsl r2, r0, #19
  # Menu text
  - FindBaseAddressString: "5 mins\0"
  - ReplaceString: {Offset: 0, Find: "5 mins\0", Replace: "8m"}
  - ReplaceString: {Offset: 8, Find: "10 mins", Replace: "34m"}
  - ReplaceString: {Offset: 16, Find: "15 mins", Replace: "1h1m"}
  - ReplaceString: {Offset: 24, Find: "30 mins", Replace: "4h4m"}
  - ReplaceString: {Offset: 32, Find: "45 mins", Replace: "12h5m"}
  - ReplaceString: {Offset: 38, Find: "60 mins", Replace: "24h1m"}
  # Values (see https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3887105)
  - FindBaseAddressSymbol: "N3SettingsPowerView::initChoices()"
  - ReplaceInt: {Offset: 11,  Find: 5,  Replace: 1}
  - ReplaceInt: {Offset: 465, Find: 5,  Replace: 1}
  - ReplaceInt: {Offset: 99,  Find: 10, Replace: 4}
  - ReplaceInt: {Offset: 525, Find: 10, Replace: 4}
  - ReplaceInt: {Offset: 159, Find: 15, Replace: 7}
  - ReplaceInt: {Offset: 583, Find: 15, Replace: 7}
  - ReplaceInt: {Offset: 219, Find: 30, Replace: 28}
  - ReplaceInt: {Offset: 641, Find: 30, Replace: 28}
  - ReplaceInt: {Offset: 279, Find: 45, Replace: 83}
  - ReplaceInt: {Offset: 699, Find: 45, Replace: 83}
  - ReplaceInt: {Offset: 339, Find: 60, Replace: 165}
  - ReplaceInt: {Offset: 755, Find: 60, Replace: 165}
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2019, 04:13 PM   #108
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
Jackie and Jon, I've updated this patch and rewritten it (and the other power timeout one) to be multi-version. It will be released in v53 once GeoffR's patches are updated (if he doesn't show up in a few weeks, I'll figure those patches out), or you can copy-paste from GitHub or below:
Thanks very much, especially for making it multi-version.

It installed fine and the Sleep after 8min option worked as expected. Hopefully the PowerOff after 24hours will work just as well.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 05:27 PM   #109
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
No problem! I've also made a few more patches multi-version, and if I can wrap my head around ARM PLT relocations and string tables in a reasonable amount of time (and implement it in a reasonable amount of Go), I can make another 80% of the patches reliably multi-version.
Old 09-26-2019, 05:37 PM   #110
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
No problem! I've also made a few more patches multi-version, and if I can wrap my head around ARM PLT relocations and string tables in a reasonable amount of time (and implement it in a reasonable amount of Go), I can make another 80% of the patches reliably multi-version.
I hope you don't think you're going to be putting your feet up during the next firmware upgrade.

ETA: I've still got a multi-version of GeoffR's 'My 10 line spacing values' that he posted once upon a time if you need it.

Last edited by jackie_w; 09-26-2019 at 05:42 PM. Reason: ETA
Advert
Old 09-26-2019, 06:03 PM   #111
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:

It installed fine and the Sleep after 8min option worked as expected. Hopefully the PowerOff after 24hours will work just as well.
Are you going to be able to not read for 24 hours to test the sleep timer?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 06:31 PM   #112
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Are you going to be able to not read for 24 hours to test the sleep timer?
Well, possibly not, but I do have a lot of "spare" readers. I knew they'd come in handy one day.
Old 09-26-2019, 06:35 PM   #113
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Well, possibly not, but I do have a lot of "spare" readers. I knew they'd come in handy one day.
In order to test the sleep timer, I can read on my phone or tablet. So that won't be much of an issue to do the testing.
Old 09-27-2019, 06:52 AM   #114
Chaplan
Chaplan began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
- Custom font sizes (waiting for GeoffR to update).
That's the one I'm talking about, the actual entry is what I called it on the previous post.
Chaplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 09:12 AM   #115
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplan View Post
That's the one I'm talking about, the actual entry is what I called it on the previous post.
No, you were talking about advanced font control which allows you to adjust the weight of sideloaded epubs. The patch I’m talking about removes the higher font sizes from the font size selection and adds additional smaller sizes to allow you to fine tune the size.

Custom font sizes is the actual entry name for this patch.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 10:34 AM   #116
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:

Code:
Larger Sleep/Power-off timeouts:
  - Enabled: no
  - PatchGroup: Sleep/Power-off timeouts
  - Description: |
      Increase the available sleep/power-off timeouts to larger values (up to a
      few weeks). See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3887105
      for additional values.
  # Multiplier in N3PowerWorkflowManager::configureWakeup
  - ReplaceBytesAtSymbol: {Symbol: "N3PowerWorkflowManager::configureWakeup(AlarmControl*, int, char const*)", Offset: 11, FindH: 04 FB 05 F5, ReplaceH: 4F EA C5 45} # mul r5(dest), r4(multiplier), r5(mins)  -> lsl r5, r5, #19
  # Multiplier in N3PowerWorkflowManager::pollBattery
  - ReplaceBytesAtSymbol: {Symbol: "N3PowerWorkflowManager::pollBattery()", Offset: 101, FindH: 08 FB 00 F8, ReplaceH: 4F EA C0 48} # mul r8(dest), r8(multiplier), r0(mins)  -> lsl r8, r0, #19
  - ReplaceBytesAtSymbol: {Symbol: "N3PowerWorkflowManager::pollBattery()", Offset: 149, FindH: 02 FB 00 F2, ReplaceH: 4F EA C0 42} # mul r2(dest), r2(multiplier), r0(mins)  -> lsl r2, r0, #19
  # Menu text
  - FindBaseAddressString: "5 mins\0"
  - ReplaceString: {Offset: 0, Find: "5 mins\0", Replace: "8m"}
  - ReplaceString: {Offset: 8, Find: "10 mins", Replace: "34m"}
  - ReplaceString: {Offset: 16, Find: "15 mins", Replace: "1h1m"}
  - ReplaceString: {Offset: 24, Find: "30 mins", Replace: "4h4m"}
  - ReplaceString: {Offset: 32, Find: "45 mins", Replace: "12h5m"}
  - ReplaceString: {Offset: 38, Find: "60 mins", Replace: "24h1m"}
  # Values (see https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3887105)
  - FindBaseAddressSymbol: "N3SettingsPowerView::initChoices()"
  - ReplaceInt: {Offset: 11,  Find: 5,  Replace: 1}
  - ReplaceInt: {Offset: 465, Find: 5,  Replace: 1}
  - ReplaceInt: {Offset: 99,  Find: 10, Replace: 4}
  - ReplaceInt: {Offset: 525, Find: 10, Replace: 4}
  - ReplaceInt: {Offset: 159, Find: 15, Replace: 7}
  - ReplaceInt: {Offset: 583, Find: 15, Replace: 7}
  - ReplaceInt: {Offset: 219, Find: 30, Replace: 28}
  - ReplaceInt: {Offset: 641, Find: 30, Replace: 28}
  - ReplaceInt: {Offset: 279, Find: 45, Replace: 83}
  - ReplaceInt: {Offset: 699, Find: 45, Replace: 83}
  - ReplaceInt: {Offset: 339, Find: 60, Replace: 165}
  - ReplaceInt: {Offset: 755, Find: 60, Replace: 165}
I've installed the patch. I've set the sleep timer to 26 minutes and it works well. Thank you.

The largest value I can seem to get to work is 255 which is 37 hours 8 minutes. Can I use a larger value then 255?
Old 09-27-2019, 11:27 AM   #117
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
I've installed the patch. I've set the sleep timer to 26 minutes and it works well. Thank you.

The largest value I can seem to get to work is 255 which is 37 hours 8 minutes. Can I use a larger value then 255?
Yes, but you lose granularity for values in between (it's exponential). If you tell me the minimum and maximum values you want, I can probably modify the patch for you.
Old 09-27-2019, 11:31 AM   #118
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
I hope you don't think you're going to be putting your feet up during the next firmware upgrade.
Hopefully. The biggest issue I'm having right now is I need to decode the PLT offsets, and I don't want to add a dependency on capstone.

Quote:
ETA: I've still got a multi-version of GeoffR's 'My 10 line spacing values' that he posted once upon a time if you need it.
I decided against doing it at the moment because although they haven't changed recently, it's possible for the value substitution offsets to change silently. Also, how did you deal with the branches (the first 5 replacements)? Those are different every version.
Old 09-27-2019, 11:46 AM   #119
boopsy35
boopsy35 is on a distinguished road

Device: kobo libra 2
thanks for the info..Is there a possibility that it' l come back? See I really like the new firmware but my problem is that without the greek keyboard I can't search for my greek books...and I wish I could do the amazing work that you do but I'm clueless...
boopsy35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 12:06 PM   #120
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
A total noob question (I apologize if I've missed something glaringly obvious): how does one install individual patches, after installing the whole kobopatch in one bundle? Is it even possible?

And on that subject, how does one update the installed patches, when the new version of them is released? By doing the whole procedure all over again?
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobopatch, patch, patch32lsb, patches, patching