Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-13-2015, 10:37 AM   #106
tono1020
Connoisseur
tono1020 rocks like Gibraltar!tono1020 rocks like Gibraltar!tono1020 rocks like Gibraltar!tono1020 rocks like Gibraltar!tono1020 rocks like Gibraltar!tono1020 rocks like Gibraltar!tono1020 rocks like Gibraltar!tono1020 rocks like Gibraltar!tono1020 rocks like Gibraltar!tono1020 rocks like Gibraltar!tono1020 rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Cybook (Gen3, Opus), K3, K4NT, PW, PW2, KV
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Wasn't there also a CJK_FONT_RAMP? (or not, my memory is maybe having parity errors)
So now maybe there is a KFX_FONT_RAMP.
No, I don't think so. CJK_FONT_RAMP was (and still is) for chinese letters.
tono1020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 10:48 AM   #107
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by tono1020 View Post
No, I don't think so. CJK_FONT_RAMP was (and still is) for chinese letters.
Have you checked the firmware to know?

Or are you just quoting your random thoughts?
Where you fully lucid when you had this one?

- - - -

Yes, I know what CJK_FONT_RAMP is for.

My point was they may have added a new flagname, file for a similar feature on the KFX books.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2015, 12:45 PM   #108
tono1020
Connoisseur
tono1020 rocks like Gibraltar!tono1020 rocks like Gibraltar!tono1020 rocks like Gibraltar!tono1020 rocks like Gibraltar!tono1020 rocks like Gibraltar!tono1020 rocks like Gibraltar!tono1020 rocks like Gibraltar!tono1020 rocks like Gibraltar!tono1020 rocks like Gibraltar!tono1020 rocks like Gibraltar!tono1020 rocks like Gibraltar!

Quote:
Have you checked the firmware to know?

Or are you just quoting your random thoughts?
Where you fully lucid when you had this one?

- - - -

Yes, I know what CJK_FONT_RAMP is for.

My point was they may have added a new flagname, file for a similar feature on the KFX books.
There is no need to be rude.
Yes, I checked, though it seemed pointless to me.
Should I also check AZW3_FONT_RAMP to see if it works with AZW3 files? You see my point...
Old 08-13-2015, 03:31 PM   #109
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That was in response to your lesson on what the purpose of CJK_FONT_RAMP was.

Your the one that has the eyes on the strings in the firmware, I can't see over your shoulder, I have to ask.
Old 08-13-2015, 05:00 PM   #110
tono1020
Connoisseur

It wasn't meant as a lesson. I just wanted to say that CJK was for chinese letters and probably still is in new firmware. If "your memory doesn't have parity errors" and you already knew that, just skip the post without sarcasm.

Last edited by tono1020; 08-13-2015 at 05:24 PM.
Advert
Old 08-13-2015, 05:39 PM   #111
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
I think you're both overreacting.

Also, no one cares.
If you both agree that everyone knows the CJK_FONT_RAMP is for chinese letters, and no other flags have been added, then I don't see what there is to discuss.

Last edited by eschwartz; 08-13-2015 at 05:43 PM.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 10:37 PM   #112
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Has anyone been able to modify the font sizes by jar editing (newest firmware)?
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 10:55 PM   #113
gothlugh
gothlugh began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
Has anyone been able to modify the font sizes by jar editing (newest firmware)?
Yes, it works! I checked only MOBI and KF8, without KFX.
gothlugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 07:15 AM   #114
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by gothlugh View Post
Yes, it works! I checked only MOBI and KF8, without KFX.
So the font size change works on .mobi books for you? I can only get it to work on KF8 books.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 10:29 PM   #115
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Did you edit the jars, or did you use the FONT_RAMP? The two people above you are discussing editing the jars (on a hacked device, of course).
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 12:30 PM   #116
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Did you edit the jars, or did you use the FONT_RAMP? The two people above you are discussing editing the jars (on a hacked device, of course).
Ah...never mind then

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 09:07 AM   #117
zhcbbs
zhcbbs began at the beginning.

Device: kindle voyage
how to modify margin without jailbreak?
zhcbbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 11:01 AM   #118
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhcbbs View Post
how to modify margin without jailbreak?
On what device?

We only do the grayscale Kindles here (Amazon OS, not Android OS).
I am going to make a guess at this one:
**Wrong Forum**
Old 08-22-2015, 08:32 PM   #119
zhcbbs

CJK_FONT_RAMP copy the file to the root directory kindle just for azw3 file format e-books work.
Old 08-22-2015, 08:35 PM   #120
zhcbbs

Quote:
On what device?

We only do the grayscale Kindles here (Amazon OS, not Android OS).
I am going to make a guess at this one:
**Wrong Forum**

kindle voyage margins too large, some small area to display text, how to the system default margins to be modified without jailbreak,

Tags
font_ramp