Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2015, 06:27 PM   #106
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trennen View Post
Go to http://www.audible.com/at/audibel_at

the coupon code is AUDIBEL
Thanks for the heads up - added to OP

Hey, where did you see this offer?

Sorry, due to the overwhelming success of this promotion, we have run out of awards! Check back for more offers. (22Jan14 2amPT)
  • get offer by --> limited time only - while supplies last
  • use offer by --> 21 Mar 2015

...and now for the fine print:

Quote:
Congratulations!
A $10.00 coupon has been placed in your account. Use it on your next audiobook purchase from Audible before 03/21/15.
Quote:
* Terms and conditions:The promotion is valid for a limited time only and while promotional items supplies last. The promotion applies only to items sold by audible.com. The same items sold by other sellers (e.g. audible.co.uk, etc.) do not qualify. Claim codes cannot be resold, transferred for value, redeemed for cash or applied to any other Audible account, except where required by law. The coupon is valid for audio content only. The offer is only available to customers in the United States. Audible account required. Other terms and conditions apply, including those available at http://www.audible.com/gift-terms. If you violate any of the terms or conditions, the promotion will be invalid, and the offer will not apply. Audible reserves the right to modify or cancel at any time. Void where prohibited.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 01-22-2015 at 06:17 AM.
Old 01-20-2015, 07:00 PM   #107
tamborine
Connoisseur
tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Aura One, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:

Thanks, Trennen!

Advert
Old 01-20-2015, 07:09 PM   #108
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyBunnies View Post
No actually rabbits or bunnies (rabbits are wild, bunnies are domesticated) are not classified as rodents.

They are intelligent pets. Yes some have large ears and they are constantly chewing on something but they chew because their teeth never stop growing. So they chew to grind their teeth down.
I hope that I didn't offend you--I just meant it as a "corny" joke. There is a similar old joke about how squirrels are just rodents with fuzzy tails.

I am an animal lover--I love just about all, if not all, of them. I love snakes. I love spiders (if there's one in the house, I try to find some way to put it outside instead of killing it!). I even love rodents (I hate to kill them, I reluctantly let my cat take care of it). I certainly love hares and rabbits and bunnies!

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 01-20-2015 at 07:23 PM.
Old 01-20-2015, 07:21 PM   #109
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well, the entries to the contest have dried to a mere trickle. I think that it's time to mercifully end . . . ur . . . wrap up this contest.

To refresh your memory, I started a contest to come up with suggestions as to how two or three posts that I thought that I made Sunday night were gone on Monday.

Here are the entries, in the order in which they were suggested:
1. TubeMonkey.
2. Internet gremlins.
3. I never made any posts, I just dreamt it.
4. I did type it but I didn't hit the "Post Quick Reply" (but thought that I did).
5. KyBunnies' bunnies deleted my post, by hacking my computer.
6. Piperclassique's cat (being very smart, etc. as she is) did it.

After much deliberation, I pronounce the winning suggestion to be #1--TubeMonkey. The thing that clinched it is this post that tubemonkey made earlier today. It is obvious that he is very defensive. His guilt oozes from his every word; I'm sure that you'll agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I'm innocent I tell ya. I don't take other peoples devices and then erase their posts
Since I happen to be the one who made the (brilliant) winning suggestion, unfortunately I will be the one to win the wonderful, special prize. Sorry.

Thanks to all who participated in this contest. Better luck next time.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 01-20-2015 at 07:46 PM.
Old 01-20-2015, 09:28 PM   #110
darthyoda6
Connoisseur
darthyoda6 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.darthyoda6 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.darthyoda6 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.darthyoda6 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.darthyoda6 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.darthyoda6 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.darthyoda6 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.darthyoda6 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.darthyoda6 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.darthyoda6 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.darthyoda6 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 10th Gen, Kindle 7th Gen
Quote:
Congratulations!
A $10.00 coupon has been placed in your account. Use it on your next audiobook purchase from Audible before 03/21/15.
Quote:
Quote:
* Terms and conditions:The promotion is valid for a limited time only and while promotional items supplies last. The promotion applies only to items sold by audible.com. The same items sold by other sellers (e.g. audible.co.uk, etc.) do not qualify. Claim codes cannot be resold, transferred for value, redeemed for cash or applied to any other Audible account, except where required by law. The coupon is valid for audio content only. The offer is only available to customers in the United States. Audible account required. Other terms and conditions apply, including those available at http://www.audible.com/gift-terms. If you violate any of the terms or conditions, the promotion will be invalid, and the offer will not apply. Audible reserves the right to modify or cancel at any time. Void where prohibited.
Mine says "Use it on your next audiobook purchase from Audible before 03/22/15." Also worked for me and I'm in Canada.
Advert
Old 01-20-2015, 11:28 PM   #111
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 (x2), Fire HD 7-inch (x2), Fire HDX 8.9, Acer Android Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
Since I happen to be the one who made the (brilliant) winning suggestion, unfortunately I will be the one to win the wonderful, special prize. Sorry.

Thanks to all who participated in this contest. Better luck next time.

What was the prize anyway? Just tell us and stop keeping us in suspense
Old 01-20-2015, 11:38 PM   #112
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 (x2), Fire HD 7-inch (x2), Fire HDX 8.9, Acer Android Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
I hope that I didn't offend you--I just meant it as a "corny" joke. There is a similar old joke about how squirrels are just rodents with fuzzy tails.

I am an animal lover--I love just about all, if not all, of them. I love snakes. I love spiders (if there's one in the house, I try to find some way to put it outside instead of killing it!). I even love rodents (I hate to kill them, I reluctantly let my cat take care of it). I certainly love hares and rabbits and bunnies!

I live on a farm. Honestly you would not believe the things people tell me or the people that come to my house asking to buy a bunny for food.

Offend? h3ll no. Made me laugh? h3ll yes.

BTW: I use Tempo for insects. Works great.

I got in to bunnies when I was a little girl. When spring rolled around and it was time to cut hay my father would jump off the tractor catch me a wild baby rabbit but I had to let it go at sundown. Yes, the tractor was still moving/running and we use to use a sickle mower to cut hay. A very dangerous piece of equipment.
Old 01-21-2015, 12:14 AM   #113
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyBunnies View Post

What was the prize anyway? Just tell us and stop keeping us in suspense
I can't tell you. I might need to use it for the next contest.
Old 01-21-2015, 02:47 AM   #114
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Golly, I've been sitting on my hands since I saw 'monkey post this! Love these, do I need to own them? When my two Overdrive libraries have them?
Yes, you need to own them. At this price, you really do. Especially since it will mean you can read them when you want, not when the library has a copy available.
Old 01-21-2015, 12:36 PM   #115
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Today's Audible deal is The Good Girl, by Mary Kubica, for $3.95. Coincidentally, I am currently listening to this one. It's enjoyable and interesting so far, though it's hard to evaluate a thriller until it's over.
Old 01-21-2015, 03:33 PM   #116
bathos
Zealot
bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone XS, iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, kindle Oasis
Quote:

Huge thanks! Worked for me from the UK.
Old 01-22-2015, 02:45 AM   #117
rgeorg
Guru
rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3/3G(2x), Glo HD, Amazon Voyage
Yes, thank you for the Audible $10 coupon code!
Old 01-22-2015, 03:16 AM   #118
avi1368
avi1368 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'avi1368 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'avi1368 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'avi1368 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'avi1368 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'avi1368 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'avi1368 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'avi1368 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'avi1368 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'avi1368 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'avi1368 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: none
Audible is having a "Big Hits Sale" 150+ books for $6.95 for members only. Sale ends January 27.

Perfect time to spend my free $10 i just got.

http://www.audible.com/mt/BigHitsSale/
Old 01-22-2015, 03:26 AM   #119
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by avi1368 View Post
Audible is having a "Big Hits Sale" 150+ books for $6.95 for members only. Sale ends January 27.

Yep I was pretty pleased with the timing especially as there are some quality books in the list
Old 01-22-2015, 04:17 AM   #120
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi1368 View Post

In case $6.95 for an audiobook is too expensive for some people (I am one), there is at least one audiobook on the list for $3.99. I don't have any idea how many more may be <$6.95, I've only had time to skim over a few in the nonfiction section.

Oh, btw, thanks for the post. I'm not a "real" member of Audible (I'm a "Listener Light" member), but if the selection and prices are good enough, I might take the plunge and be one of the real members. At least for a month. ha

Karma just given to you.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 01-22-2015 at 04:24 AM.
Closed Thread