Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Windows Devices

Notices

Old 12-31-2014, 11:43 AM   #106
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I think Amazon still does too.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 11:53 AM   #107
jj2me
Guru
jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, -350; Kindle 3 3G, DX, PW 2; various tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I think Amazon still does too.
Oops, you're right, thanks. I didn't realize these deals were still ongoing. Will add the Amazon link to above post.
jj2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2014, 01:09 PM   #108
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Funny Story: Hubby asked me what I wanted for New's year eve and I said KFC or Chinese food. He said he didn't know where a KFC is so I picked up Cortana and he picked up his Kindle Fire at the same time.

Me: *hit Search button* Give me directions to the nearest KFC?
Cortana: Displays lists of KFCs then says "There are 7 KFCs in Raleigh and Cary which one do you want?"
Me: #1
Cortana: Launches Here Drive+ with directions.

Hubby stares at his tablet then says "Find me the nearest KFC" Kindle Fire does nothing. Hubby then Pouts and says we are having Chinese food.
Old 01-03-2015, 07:22 PM   #109
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

I bought Cortana a Coat well it's a TPU Skin but I think she likes it.

It got here fast for a non Prime item. Well made and good quality and fits perfectly. It offers a little protection but I got it so I would stop leaving prints all over her rubber back.
Old 01-03-2015, 10:24 PM   #110
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Quote:

It got here fast for a non Prime item. Well made and good quality and fits perfectly. It offers a little protection but I got it so I would stop leaving prints all over her rubber back.
My Cortana prefers to be naked.

Actually, I've been thinking about getting a sleeve to protect the phone when I set it down. The cat's walked on it several times already.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2015, 09:37 AM   #111
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWriter View Post
My Cortana prefers to be naked.

Actually, I've been thinking about getting a sleeve to protect the phone when I set it down. The cat's walked on it several times already.
I got mine so that the back part wouldn't get wear and tear. Those rubber backs easily stain when it comes to oils and other substances like lotion you get on your fingers. For $5 it's well made and will last.
Old 01-04-2015, 07:41 PM   #112
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
Quote:

Looks good, just ordered one. Thanks for the mention.
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 09:17 AM   #113
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:

I got a skin like that for my 920 (transparent, because why buy a red phone if you won't see it!) and I love it. It feels good, it lands even better and my back is protected while still seeing the lovely red colour.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 10:56 AM   #114
Anthem
Guru
Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, OnePlus Nord
Quote:
Funny Story: Hubby asked me...
What is the equivalent word for a wife going in the opposite direction? Would it be Wifey? I would NEVER call my wife "Wifey". Or would it be Wuffy?

Quote:
Hubby stares at his tablet then says "Find me the nearest KFC" Kindle Fire does nothing.
Well, with the Amazon Echo thing going on, I wouldn't be surprised if the Alexa software is eventually a part of the Amazon devices in general, including tablets. And then you and your husband can have mad voice command showdowns to see which is better.

My wife always forgets that her Lumia 635 has Cortana built-in no matter how many times I remind her about it. Some day she will get used to it and find out how fabulously useful a certain subset of voice commands can be (too many of them aren't worth the effort of even trying it, let alone fixing all of the mistakes that happen when you try).

I'll probably get slack for this, but between Google Now, Cortana, and Siri (I haven't used the Echo/Alexa) I prefer Siri.

(Please, be gentle)
Anthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 11:59 AM   #115
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
What is the equivalent word for a wife going in the opposite direction? Would it be Wifey? I would NEVER call my wife "Wifey". Or would it be Wuffy?

Well, with the Amazon Echo thing going on, I wouldn't be surprised if the Alexa software is eventually a part of the Amazon devices in general, including tablets. And then you and your husband can have mad voice command showdowns to see which is better.

My wife always forgets that her Lumia 635 has Cortana built-in no matter how many times I remind her about it. Some day she will get used to it and find out how fabulously useful a certain subset of voice commands can be (too many of them aren't worth the effort of even trying it, let alone fixing all of the mistakes that happen when you try).

I'll probably get slack for this, but between Google Now, Cortana, and Siri (I haven't used the Echo/Alexa) I prefer Siri.

(Please, be gentle)
No I think Siri is probably the best AI we have and it will be interesting to see if Echo can get near as good in the future. Cortana has a long way to go before she can compete with Siri.

As for your question my hubby calls me "The Wife" pronounced The Wiff

When I ask Fiona on my phone stuff stuff like weather she says I can't do that yet. So I believe you are correct. Amazon will make it apart of their devices in the future. Currently Fiona can only Search The Web, Call or Text someone. Fiona is the name I gave it. It will probably be called something else.
Old 01-08-2015, 01:36 AM   #116
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
I think my husband wouldn't survive that...

Quote:
Sadly, it doesn't work if you don't have English as your region (not language, but region) I got my phone in English, but my region is Dutch (different way of writing dates, decimals, currency and such). So, no Cortana for me.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 09:12 AM   #117
jj2me
Guru
jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Anyone find an audiobook/podcast player that can read .mp3 audiobooks located on the SD card?

Or even a music player that supports the resume function and SD card access.
Old 01-08-2015, 12:15 PM   #118
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj2me View Post
Anyone find an audiobook/podcast player that can read .mp3 audiobooks located on the SD card?

Or even a music player that supports the resume function and SD card access.
There are a few to try out there but I think they are all paid and unlike Google Play you don't get 15 minutes to test then return.
Old 01-08-2015, 01:00 PM   #119
jj2me
Guru

Quote:
There are a few to try out there but I think they are all paid and unlike Google Play you don't get 15 minutes to test then return.
Thanks. Yes, I've seen the paid apps but didn't try them, as I didn't find stellar reviews for any of them. Given those reviews, the no-return policy, and the difficulties of 3rd-party WP apps to access the SD card, it seemed too likely I'd be giving charity donations to random app developers.

I'm spoiled by the Android ecosystem.
Old 01-08-2015, 02:14 PM   #120
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj2me View Post
Thanks. Yes, I've seen the paid apps but didn't try them, as I didn't find stellar reviews for any of them. Given those reviews, the no-return policy, and the difficulties of 3rd-party WP apps to access the SD card, it seemed too likely I'd be giving charity donations to random app developers.

I'm spoiled by the Android ecosystem.
The only app I have bought is Freda+ which works great. I don't see me using Cortana as a media player other than streaming. I bought a LG Volt for $60 for that which is amazing. The battery life is amazing. 5 days on one charge. It's KitKat too so it runs all the latest apps and has a SD Card Slot. I use my Lumia for a PIM and to get weather updates. I also use it to search the web. I love that little device but it's not good for much else.