Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-15-2014, 08:31 AM   #106
lambstone
Enthusiast
lambstone began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. But after applying it on my Glo 3.20, multi touch works in the form of zooming in and out of epubs.

How do I control the light levels using multi touch?
lambstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 08:40 AM   #107
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by lambstone View Post
Turn the light on and then drag two fingers up or down the screen to increase or decrease the light level.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2014, 10:23 AM   #108
arasyi
Zealot
arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambstone View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Turn the light on and then drag two fingers up or down the screen to increase or decrease the light level.
... while reading a book. It doesn't work on homescreen, etc.
arasyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 12:13 AM   #109
norbusan
Zealot
norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Glo, Kobo GloHD
Uninstaller does not work on 3.2.0?

Hi everyone,

I wanted to uninstall the multitouch hack from my Glo 3.2.0, but even after putting the files into the .kobo, both times the Kobo told be updating and rebooting, but the multi-touch ability remains.

Is this to be expected?

Norbert
norbusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 03:36 AM   #110
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by norbusan View Post
Hi everyone,

I wanted to uninstall the multitouch hack from my Glo 3.2.0, but even after putting the files into the .kobo, both times the Kobo told be updating and rebooting, but the multi-touch ability remains.

Is this to be expected?

Norbert
Yes I think this is to be expected. cf. this post.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2014, 08:56 AM   #111
norbusan
Zealot
norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
Yes I think this is to be expected. cf. this post.
Hmm, I tried it with the upgrade folder from kobo-update-3.2.0, but even then it remain sensitive ... strange ...
Old 04-23-2014, 09:03 AM   #112
norbusan
Zealot

Hmm, even more funny ... I have now upgraded to 2.3.0 and it tells me also 2.3.0 in the device info, but I still have multi-touch abilities, both font size zoom as well as light adjustment.

Huuu?????
Old 04-23-2014, 09:30 AM   #113
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by norbusan View Post
Hmm, even more funny ... I have now upgraded to 2.3.0 and it tells me also 2.3.0 in the device info, but I still have multi-touch abilities, both font size zoom as well as light adjustment.

Huuu?????
There is an error in the upgrade script that means it doesn't apply the new kernel on the Glo. But, it is safe as the kernel doesn't seem to have changed in the last few versions.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 06:26 PM   #114
Sharkey
Sharkey began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Just installed multitouch on my 3.3.0 Aura HD, everything seems ok.
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 05:35 AM   #115
erikssenmar867
Connoisseur
erikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Hi sharkey, did you install the multitouch320?
erikssenmar867 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 02:29 PM   #116
Sharkey
Sharkey began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Yep, I used multitouch320.
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 10:06 AM   #117
emreka
emreka can extract oil from cheeseemreka can extract oil from cheeseemreka can extract oil from cheeseemreka can extract oil from cheeseemreka can extract oil from cheeseemreka can extract oil from cheeseemreka can extract oil from cheeseemreka can extract oil from cheese

I've also experienced this, first tried to uninstall the multitouch as recommended, having failed I went on with the 3.3.0 update. Multitouch remains and two finger light control functions but zoom does not function properly. Anyone else?

Last edited by emreka; 04-26-2014 at 01:20 PM.
emreka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 02:09 AM   #118
Joques
Addict
Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.

Hello! I just upgraded from 3.1.1 to 3.3.0 and installed multitouch320. It works fine, but I have to say the functionality isn't quite the same as before. Before, you could keep your fingers on the screen and jockey them up and down to fine-tune the brightness to exactly where you wanted it.

Now, you have one swipe, then the function becomes inert, and you have to lift your fingers and initiate a new swipe if you want to adjust. It makes it harder to achieve fine control.

I installed 3.3.0 from a clean factory reset, and then multitouch320 from there, so there shouldn't be any broken leftover code from previous versions.

Also, there seems to be some weird new feature (of 3.3.0?) where you can change font size by swiping. Very imprecise and annoying. Who asked for that
Joques is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 02:52 AM   #119
Joques
Addict
Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.

Has nobody else noticed the change? Is it just happening to me?
Joques is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 04:22 AM   #120
giorgio130
Time Waster
giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo and Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joques View Post
Has nobody else noticed the change? Is it just happening to me?
This is a "feature" that got introduced with 3.2.0. We can't disable that, I'm sorry
giorgio130 is offline   Reply With Quote