Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 11:47 AM   #106
mitford13
Guru
mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air2, Fire HD10, Paperwhite, Kobo App
My favorite for winter is Rachel Ray's drunken risotto...use red wine instead of the usual white/champagne, and add crumbled spicy sausage. Little heartier than most. Spice from the sausage makes a nice contrast with the creaminess of the rice. I also stir in spinach at the end.

Argh, is it lunchtime yet?!
Old 01-23-2014, 12:00 PM   #107
piperclassique
A garbling groftpot
piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis, Voyage, Kobo mini, Samsung tablet, phones, whatever.
Wine in risotto? Eek. Never occurred to me to do that. Chicken stock, or veggie stock for the mint and pea vegetarian one. Now, leeks cooked in white wine with walnut oil and sea salt and black pepper, poured over toasted wholemeal bread.....
Advert
Old 01-23-2014, 12:06 PM   #108
mitford13
Guru
mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Heh...I've always used about a half cup of wine in addition to the stock...maybe that's why I like it so much?

Those leeks sound delicious...
Old 01-23-2014, 12:12 PM   #109
piperclassique
A garbling groftpot
piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Must try that......
If you do the leeks use dry wine, one bottle to two largeish leeks, white parts only. Plenty of oil and cook everything together then pour it all over the torn up toast. I believe it was a medieval recipe for fast days.

Read any good books lately?
Old 01-23-2014, 12:32 PM   #110
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Yep I too add a half to one cup of wine to my risottos. One of my favorites in a wild mushroom and asparagus risotto with saffron.
Apache
Advert
Old 01-23-2014, 12:33 PM   #111
mitford13
Guru

Sadly, not been reading anything too extraordinary lately...started the latest in Cynthia Harrod-Eagles' Bill Slider series, Hard Going, last night. Pretty good so far, one of my go-to series for a dependable read. And the latest Flavia de Luce & Jussi Adler Olssen books are waiting for me at the library--really love my library!
Old 01-23-2014, 12:41 PM   #112
mitford13
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
Yep I too add a half to one cup of wine to my risottos. One of my favorites in a wild mushroom and asparagus risotto with saffron.
Apache
Somehow, I've never cooked with saffron...need to expand my horizons. Sounds like a great dish for spring.
Old 01-23-2014, 03:46 PM   #113
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
One highlight: The first seven Lovejoy novels by Jonathan Gash are available at £0.84 each. I had the first four from a previous sale, but I'm delighted to add the next three.
These three are also on sale for $1.35 at Amazon US:

Vatican Rip link

Firefly Gadroon link

Sleepers of Erin link
Old 01-24-2014, 12:31 AM   #114
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelleZora View Post
Free today at Amazon from Lighthouse Publishing of the Carolinas: The Case of the Exploding Speakeasy (Sherlock Holmes Legacy Mystery) by David E. Fessenden.

Canada
UK
US
Also free at Amazon AU (and now we have a book store, the script doesnt work, just says N/A)
AU
Old 01-24-2014, 06:51 AM   #115
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitford13 View Post
Somehow, I've never cooked with saffron...need to expand my horizons. Sounds like a great dish for spring.
Maybe MR should open a Forum for recipes and anything cooking?
Apache
Old 01-24-2014, 07:21 AM   #116
piperclassique
A garbling groftpot

I suppose we should move to the lounge
Old 01-24-2014, 08:34 AM   #117
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
Maybe MR should open a Forum for recipes and anything cooking?
Apache
Like this one?

It hasn't had anything posted to it for a while, but it's probably one that could be resurrected without causing too much consternation.

Last edited by Bilbo1967; 01-24-2014 at 08:39 AM.
Old 01-24-2014, 08:51 AM   #118
Apache
Readaholic

I was thinking more of a separate forum under miscellaneous just like Introduce Yourself or Lounge but for many different threads for cooking related threads. One thread for everything cooking would quickly become unwieldy.
Apache
Old 01-24-2014, 10:07 AM   #119
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Libra 2, Pocketbook Verse Pro Color
The Bone Orchard (The Gin Palace Trilogy #2) by Daniel Judson was free back in March, but if you missed it then you can pick it up today. It was first published by Bantam in 2002 and was a Barry Award Nominee for Best Paperback Original (2003) and Shamus Award Nominee for Best First PI Novel (2003).

CA
UK
US
AU

Last edited by BelleZora; 01-24-2014 at 11:32 AM. Reason: Added AU link
Old 01-24-2014, 10:42 AM   #120
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Libra 2, Pocketbook Verse Pro Color
Barnes & Noble Free Friday selection: Dover Beach (The Last P.I. Series, Book 1) by Richard Bowker. First published as a mass market paperback by Spectra in 1987. Matched at Amazon. Seems it fits both the science fiction and mystery genres.

B&N
Amazon US
Closed Thread