Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2014, 01:14 AM   #106
adrians
Enthusiast
adrians doesn't litteradrians doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Glo
Hello everyone,

I was in the middle of trying to update one of my Glo's and somehow ended up bricking it. Could someone be so kind as to PM me an image?

Much appreciated,
Adrian
Old 12-06-2014, 01:35 AM   #107
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent
Advert
Old 12-06-2014, 02:43 PM   #108
0guzkan
0guzkan began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
I need Glo Orginal İmg can you help me please

regards
Old 12-06-2014, 03:10 PM   #109
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra H2O, Libra Colour
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0guzkan View Post
I need Glo Orginal İmg can you help me please

regards
Please; don't post the same in multiple threads. Davidfor will see your post and PM you, but, since he is in Australia you'll have to stand on your head to read his reply wait till he is up.
Old 12-06-2014, 06:19 PM   #110
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

And there was a PM as well. I can understand the desire to get it working again, an hour is far to little time to wait.

PM sent
Advert
Old 12-07-2014, 04:25 AM   #111
stoli99
stoli99 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Hi, my Kobo Glo seems bricked, getting nothing after all the re-setting options. Last resort will be to use image, where is the best place to get a N613 sd card image from?
Old 12-07-2014, 06:48 AM   #112
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent
Old 12-08-2014, 05:27 AM   #113
giltbox
giltbox began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
Hello,
My internal Kobo Glo SD card cannot be read anymore.
can someone send me an image to replace my SD card?
Thanks in advance
Old 12-08-2014, 08:57 AM   #114
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent
Old 12-08-2014, 10:30 AM   #115
BWinmill
Nameless Being

Has anyone ever written up instructions for a manual-manual recovery for Kobo ereaders? By that I mean that it is usually possible to recover a Kobo system even if Kobo's manual recovery doesn't work by mounting the partitions on a Linux system, reformatting the appropriate partitions, and decompressing a couple of files.

Old 12-08-2014, 05:58 PM   #116
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Memory Upgrade Mod Guide (With Pictures) has details of how to open a Glo, take and image and put it on a new SD card. That covers all the steps needed.
Old 12-08-2014, 06:43 PM   #117
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra H2O, Libra Colour
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWinmill View Post
Has anyone ever written up instructions for a manual-manual recovery for Kobo ereaders? By that I mean that it is usually possible to recover a Kobo system even if Kobo's manual recovery doesn't work by mounting the partitions on a Linux system, reformatting the appropriate partitions, and decompressing a couple of files.
I think one issue is that some of the partitions expect data to be in certain fixed locations; its not as simple as just taking one of the upgrade images and copying those files to the SD cars.
Old 12-09-2014, 10:32 PM   #118
BWinmill
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I think one issue is that some of the partitions expect data to be in certain fixed locations; its not as simple as just taking one of the upgrade images and copying those files to the SD cars.
That's a nice guide, but what do you mean by it expecting data to be in certain fixed locations?

I realize that there is there is the unallocated space and have heard that it contains data in certain locations. Yet that's outside of the recovery, system, and user partitions. But does the system expect data in certain locations within the recovery, system, or user partitions?

The reason why I ask is because I have been able to reformat the system and user partitions, then extract a couple of compressed tarballs from the recovery partition on to them. The process follows the steps in the recovery script, and is useful when the ereader won't boot into recovery mode.

Old 12-09-2014, 11:01 PM   #119
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWinmill View Post
That's a nice guide, but what do you mean by it expecting data to be in certain fixed locations?

I realize that there is there is the unallocated space and have heard that it contains data in certain locations. Yet that's outside of the recovery, system, and user partitions.
Yes, the uBoot and uImage files are written to defined locations on the disk.
Quote:
But does the system expect data in certain locations within the recovery, system, or user partitions?

The reason why I ask is because I have been able to reformat the system and user partitions, then extract a couple of compressed tarballs from the recovery partition on to them. The process follows the steps in the recovery script, and is useful when the ereader won't boot into recovery mode.
No, apart from where the uBoot and uImage go and the existence of the other partitions there isn't anything fixed. Whether the rootfs and recoveryfs can be resized or moved, I'm not sure.
Old 04-12-2015, 05:06 AM   #120
svit89
svit89 began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO GLO N613
Hi folks. I have kobo glo n613. my sd card is broaken. can you send me image file???
Closed Thread