Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 04-26-2011, 03:23 AM   #106
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
I must say that I don't have the issues with rearranging the files. It follows my ordering without problems. I almost never need to manually edit the ncx of opf. Perhaps you create an issue on the tracker with example for Valloric.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 04:03 AM   #107
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
I didn't noticed that on my desktop either. Maybe it's some kubuntu related issue.

Last edited by EowynCarter; 04-26-2011 at 02:54 PM.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2011, 06:30 AM   #108
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
I must say that I don't have the issues with rearranging the files. It follows my ordering without problems. I almost never need to manually edit the ncx of opf. Perhaps you create an issue on the tracker with example for Valloric.
An issue (865) has been posted and Valloric has seen the effect.

It probably has somethind the do with <hr class="sigilChapterBreak" />
being in the html file.
crutledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 11:06 AM   #109
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
I didn't noticed that on my desktop either. Maybe it's some kubuntu relaed issue.
Yes, that particular "drag to reorder files" issue is related to KDE desktop environment.
st_albert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 02:45 PM   #110
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by st_albert View Post
Yes, that particular "drag to reorder files" issue is related to KDE desktop environment.
Ah damm! So, known issue. Any hopes for a fix ? Or should I go back to gnome or windows ?

I tried reproducing the "sort by alphabetical order" bug, and couldn't. Whatever happened. ** shrugs **
Advert
Old 04-26-2011, 03:21 PM   #111
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by st_albert View Post
I am running Windows 7 x64 bit. And ran into this problem pulling individual books from the "complete works of".

The html files were in order until I saved and re-opened at which time they were no longer in order. I dragged them back into order and the same thing happened. I went to v3.4 and reorded and it would stick until I opened the file in either OB3 or ORC1.

Here is a clue, although I don't know what it is. If I used v3.4 to reorder the files and then let Calibre convert epub-epub the problem went away. On the second round I pulled the chapters from the "complete works of" using v3.4, did the Calibre conversion and finished up by building the TOC with ORC1.

I don't think this is platform related.

Regards - John
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 07:48 PM   #112
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Quote:
Ah damm! So, known issue. Any hopes for a fix ? Or should I go back to gnome or windows ?
I use ver 0.3.4 a lot on a Debian / KDE machine with no problems EXCEPT for that "drag to reorder" issue. If I really need to reorder (I rarely do), I either run it on Ubuntu (i.e. gnome, as you know), or edit the content.opf manually.

I doubt it'll be fixed anytime soon from the Sigil end. It seems to be a conflict with KDE's QT installation, something that Valloric can't control. Sigil comes with, and should use, all of the QT libraries it needs, yet there is still a conflict somewhere.
Old 05-10-2011, 12:34 AM   #113
bobcdy
Fanatic
bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bebook; prs-950; nook simple touch; HTC Jetstream tablet
Only very rarely have I encountered the 0.4 out-of-sequence ordering, and whenever it happens with my epubs, the numbering is consequtive so it's simple to reorder anyway. Other than that, I've had no difficulty at all with the new version.

0.4.0 is truly inspiring to work with after all my problems with .3.4; today I made a mistake and used < instead of > and also made several other errors - all were quickly caught by Sgil (with Tidy off, always!) with the option to manually fix. Sigil is now what I had hoped for over such a long time. Great work!

Last edited by bobcdy; 05-10-2011 at 12:37 AM.
bobcdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 04:11 PM   #114
st_albert
Guru

Quote:

I tried reproducing the "sort by alphabetical order" bug, and couldn't. Whatever happened. ** shrugs **
For a workaround on KDE desktops, see this thread (Thanks, Ahmad Samir!!)

It might work for you even if you didn't build Sigil from source.
Old 06-11-2011, 10:12 AM   #115
EowynCarter
Wizard

Wooo, sigil managed to impress me today.

I have books in an epub and wanted to split them.
I finally splited the ePub then created a new with with sigil. Add existing element. Sigil adds all the html. Then "Right, now for css images and all".
Then, much to my surprise, sigil had already done the job for me .

Last edited by EowynCarter; 06-11-2011 at 10:15 AM.
Old 06-11-2011, 11:39 AM   #116
EowynCarter
Wizard

Think I found a bug.

When i imported all the html files, they arn't added to the opf file. Can anyone confirm ?
Old 06-11-2011, 04:43 PM   #117
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Actually, it is not a bug... It will be added if you recreate the headings. If you don't want to, you have to manually add them to the opf.
Old 06-13-2011, 04:16 AM   #118
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcdy View Post
Only very rarely have I encountered the 0.4 out-of-sequence ordering, and whenever it happens with my epubs, the numbering is consequtive so it's simple to reorder anyway. Other than that, I've had no difficulty at all with the new version.

0.4.0 is truly inspiring to work with after all my problems with .3.4; today I made a mistake and used < instead of > and also made several other errors - all were quickly caught by Sgil (with Tidy off, always!) with the option to manually fix. Sigil is now what I had hoped for over such a long time. Great work!
I've finally had two issues with the out-of-sequencing occuring in short order, and neither is reliably reproducible nor seems to provide any clues. One occurred in a short story--for no apparent reason (no drag-n-drop was used whatsoever), two chapters were simply moved completely out of sequence, not together, but separately. On a much longer file, when I was editing it (had originally been done in Sigil 0.3x), and I renamed the initial html file to a cover.xhmtl filename, it simply disappeared altogether. I mean, just WHAMMO, vapored, not at the time it was renamed, but later, and the ncx entry with it. The chapter/file reordering seems to be utterly unrelated to any attempts to a) add files, as I've had it happen when none were added or b) reordering files, as I've now had it happen when none were reordered, but that one was renamed. When I created a new cover page, and drag-and-dropped it to the top of the file, it did incorrectly order, AGAIN, and show up somewhere near the bottom of the list.

It's a real problem, and it's a shame, because I adore Sigil 0.4.x for so many other useful reasons. Of course, we don't use betas for production, but I have been trying it, and it's really not ready for primetime. V knows that no criticism is intended herein, but it's bloody buggy.

Hitch
PLEASE check out SHAKEN: STORIES FOR JAPAN--great stories, great authors, for a great cause--100% of the royalties go to the tsunami, earthquake and radiation victims in Japan, thank you!
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 04:51 AM   #119
EowynCarter
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
Actually, it is not a bug... It will be added if you recreate the headings. If you don't want to, you have to manually add them to the opf.
How do I re-create the headings ?
Old 06-13-2011, 08:58 AM   #120
Toxaris
Wizard

bottom right, the button labeled 'Generate TOC from headings'. Sorry, I meant TOC instead of headings...