Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: Are you female or male?
female 80 42.55%
male 97 51.60%
both 2 1.06%
none 0 0%
Does the blue one next to the fish have a gender? 9 4.79%
Voters: 188. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-28-2009, 11:24 PM   #106
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by grooks View Post
The males have taken the lead
I have just done my bit to help keep that lead
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 11:38 PM   #107
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman View Post
I have just done my bit to help keep that lead
If I'm not mistaken the poles open for the men on April 4th. There is no early voting for you guys. You'll have to take your votes back and wait your turn, right ladies?
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2009, 11:59 PM   #108
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Hi. My name is RWood and I'm a male.
I enjoy a good pair of legs and a fine turn of the head
Beautiful hair, a shapely (&^$
Perky )*&%s

I could go one but this on-line censor seems to be getting in the way of some of the words.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 12:08 AM   #109
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
Hi. My name is RWood and I'm a male.
I enjoy a good pair of legs and a fine turn of the head
Beautiful hair, a shapely (&^$
Perky )*&%s

I could go one but this on-line censor seems to be getting in the way of some of the words.
Well, hi there, RWood!!

My name is RickyMaveety and I'm neutered.
I enjoy long walks on the beach by myself and the song stylings of Spike Jones
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 03:32 AM   #110
mores
Guru
mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.

Device: iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisk View Post
BITE YOUR TONGUE!!!! I'm an exceptional cook and LOVE tartar!
Tongue, nope. Don't like that. My wife loves a good tongue (har har, as in cow tongue, either cooked or smoked and sliced and put on bread), but I am hesitant to try. As for eating my own tongue, I guess I'd like that even less.

I allow myself the luxury of making fun of non-cooking men since I'm not one of them. In our household it is me doing the cooking since I both love it and am better at it than my wife, who has managed to destroy numerous pots simply bringing water to a boil. Her earning more than me makes our whole setup rather unusual or untraditional.
But a lot of guys are now into cooking and share the cooking duties with their partners. Which is how it should be ... it's always funny listening to men talk about how they make a mean steak or make the best risotto on the planet and then admitting to just doing it on mother's day and on their wife's birthday.
But this is drifting off topic.
Back to shapely legs ... I prefer the part further up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
Give me back my missing hour!
It's not missing. You just lent it for a few months ... you'll get it back in october
mores is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2009, 07:47 AM   #111
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mores View Post
It's not missing. You just lent it for a few months ... you'll get it back in october
I want it back with interest, then!
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 07:50 AM   #112
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Gulp, it's tied up. Come on guys, get voting. Get up on your hairy, ugly legs and vote!

Last edited by MickeyC; 03-29-2009 at 09:17 AM.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 08:09 AM   #113
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
In that case, you might enjoy

One Foot in the Grave $4 from webscription.net

or

Draw One in the Dark $6 from webscription.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
I thought I was reading about vampires and werewolves but a lot more of them have romantic story lines (I always root for the living over the dead).
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 08:43 AM   #114
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
I want it back with interest, then!
so do i !!!
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 08:55 AM   #115
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
Yes, you are .... but that's ok. And, what is wrong with moussaka?? I LOVE moussaka, and spanokopita, and tiropita, and good Greek wine .... not so fond of ouzo, but then I was 17 when I lived there and didn't start drinking until much later.

Oh .... and you really haven't seen cranky people who drink and smoke until you've spent some time in Iceland. They put damn near every other people to shame in those events.

So .... you've never heard of Homer, Aristotle, Plato .... those guys?? Oh, and Sappho .... mustn't forget her.
Oh I looooove moussaka Greece USED to be the place of philosophers and poets, just not anymore

Blegh, I can't stand ouzo, but I don't like anything with anise.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 09:26 AM   #116
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
Well, no, Greece is the nation of poets and philosophers (they pretty much invented both of them while the Germans - and pretty much everyone else on the planet - were still working out the difference between rocks and sticks). Germany is the nation of beer and sausage .... oh, and oompa bands.

And I say this with the understanding that I have a whole raft of German ancestors, of whom I am quite proud.
I agree for greece as inventor of philosophy but not for poetry, in fact poetry in old greece was very poor and they have called nearly any literature "poetry".

Germany as "Nation of oompa bands"...hm, i've to think about this. You could be right.

"nation of beer and sausage"
This is mere prejudice (or envy because our beer is the best )...
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 10:10 AM   #117
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by netseeker View Post
I agree for greece as inventor of philosophy but not for poetry, in fact poetry in old greece was very poor and they have called nearly any literature "poetry".
You're honestly telling me that you consider the Iliad and the Odyssey - two of the "foundation stones" of western literature - to be "poor poetry"? They are amongst the greatest "epic" poems ever written!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 10:17 AM   #118
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
You're honestly telling me that you consider the Iliad and the Odyssey - two of the "foundation stones" of western literature - to be "poor poetry"? They are amongst the greatest "epic" poems ever written!
Lit 101 in university. Prof added so much "inferred between the lines" dribble that it took any enjoyment out of reading it.

WDE.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 10:20 AM   #119
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It loses a lot in translation. You really have to read it in the original Greek to truly appreciate it. For a start, no translation can really do justice to the hexameter verse.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 10:27 AM   #120
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
It loses a lot in translation. You really have to read it in the original Greek to truly appreciate it. For a start, no translation can really do justice to the hexameter verse.
In to say this.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote