Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 02-16-2010, 11:35 AM   #106
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: iPad Mini 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Or maybe you're Kramer. "I swear Jerry, the press release was there yesterday!"

Good one!
Mr. Goodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 10:57 AM   #107
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
It's available for order now, in case you missed the other thread.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2010, 03:10 PM   #108
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
Ordered at 11:29 AM.

At 1:44 PM, I got the message that it is backordered and they expect to ship in 1 - 2 weeks. <sigh>
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 03:14 PM   #109
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceridge View Post
Ordered at 11:29 AM.

At 1:44 PM, I got the message that it is backordered and they expect to ship in 1 - 2 weeks. <sigh>
Wow, I ordered this morning and did not get that message. Mine is targeted for delivery between 2/20 and 2/22. Since the 20th is a Saturday I'm hoping for early next week, although a Friday delivery would be a great weekend surprise.

A backorder status could mean good sales or they only had a couple in inventory and they got scooped up by those of us who ordered first thing this morning, probably the latter, but who knows.
Old 02-17-2010, 03:20 PM   #110
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Check your order status online. I didn't get an email, but online it says I'm backordered (placed the order around 10:30 EST).
Advert
Old 02-17-2010, 03:30 PM   #111
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
Check your order status online. I didn't get an email, but online it says I'm backordered (placed the order around 10:30 EST).
Yep, I probably spoke too soon. Mine is now showing backordered as well, but the shipping information on the main page still shows as shipping in 1-2 days. At least we have processed orders, so that is progress.
Old 02-18-2010, 08:18 AM   #112
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard

I checked the website this morning and my status has changed to "Order in process of being fulfilled; Usually ships in 1 - 2 days". Looks like progress although I'll feel better once I get an actual tracking number
Old 02-18-2010, 10:12 AM   #113
Shaggy
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goodbar View Post
I checked the website this morning and my status has changed to "Order in process of being fulfilled; Usually ships in 1 - 2 days". Looks like progress although I'll feel better once I get an actual tracking number
Yep, same here.
Old 02-18-2010, 02:09 PM   #114
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
I just got a "Your shipment is on its way" email. Yea!

Only problem is that it was sent UPS. That means it will take an extra 3 days. One day for them to attempt delivery (I'm up a bad gravel road and haven't seen the ground since Dec), another day for me to attempt to stop them from delivery and actually stop them, and a final day for me to go to the depot and pick it up.

But, I'm not complaining - they say it is on its way!!!
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 12:02 PM   #115
zacitana
a happy reader
zacitana has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: iRex DR800S :))
Has anybody tried ordering a DR800SG from BestBuy via a freight forwarding company? I have registered at shipito, got an address from them, but when I started filling the order form at bestbuy I noticed the infamous warning that they don't ship to known freight forwarding companies. so I broke off in the middle of the ordering process and decided to check here first.

So, any experiences?
zacitana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 08:34 PM   #116
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacitana View Post
Has anybody tried ordering a DR800SG from BestBuy via a freight forwarding company? I have registered at shipito, got an address from them, but when I started filling the order form at bestbuy I noticed the infamous warning that they don't ship to known freight forwarding companies. so I broke off in the middle of the ordering process and decided to check here first.

So, any experiences?
Buy from Amazon.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 01:03 AM   #117
zacitana
a happy reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
Buy from Amazon.
If I understand it correctly, Amazon acts only as a go-between: right now they have only someone/something called RAWMKTG that has only one iRex unit on offer... I just don't trust them.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:12 AM   #118
Dellaster
本の虫
Dellaster has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Dellaster has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Dellaster has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Dellaster has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle3, DXG, Fire · iPad, iPod
Quote:
If I understand it correctly, Amazon acts only as a go-between: right now they have only someone/something called RAWMKTG that has only one iRex unit on offer... I just don't trust them.
Yeah, there's a single one-star review that claims receipt of an open/repackaged DR800 that was missing items. Not something that inspires confidence.
Dellaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 01:18 AM   #119
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Sorry, they don't offer the reader via the Cartoys store anymore, since Cartoys stopped carrying the Irex. That is how I got it and, for obvious reasons didn't recheck. The store offering now prices it at 479.- which is much higher than the regular $399.- including shipping inside the US. You now have one more option. Some of the "known freight forwarders" can give you a personal street address for a small surcharge, that would be totally unrecognizable for BestBuy. Shipito, which I used has that option (though I never needed to go that far). There is also a "personal shopping service", which is quite expensive at 15%, however. A last resort.

I am not sure if there are any other US resellers you can try. Perhaps it wouldn't hurt just to go through the purchase process at BestBuy. I suppose the worst that could happen is that they just don't ship and refund your money. On the other hand, they might not know all "known forwarders".

Last edited by HansTWN; 04-26-2010 at 01:25 AM.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 05:40 AM   #120
zacitana
a happy reader

I wrote an email to shipito, maybe they can think of something, i'll try with the personal street address (as HansTWN suggested), something is bound to work I mean, I always have the option to order it from Europe, but that way the price will be much higher. anyways, keep your fingers crossed, if I find a solution I'll post it here.