Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-03-2015, 12:17 PM   #106
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Is there any possibility this will be implemented for the Aura HD?
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 02:13 PM   #107
NuPogodi
Connoisseur
NuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the endNuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the endNuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the endNuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the endNuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the endNuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the endNuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the endNuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the endNuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the endNuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the endNuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: Kindle 3, Tolino Shine, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by azw409 View Post
Hi All, I've done a version of MsgE6.apk that removes the pretty girls on suspend and shutdown. This version instead has a medieval manuscript instead
Replacing sleeping beauties by own pictures at original Tolino Shine might be performed via simple copying a proper picture to /mnt/sdcard/suspend.jpg -- i expect the same may work for kobodroids.

[Image violates Posting Guidelines for size - MODERATOR]

[EDIT] Confirmed for Kobo Glo

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 02-11-2016 at 07:55 PM. Reason: Kobo Glo is arrived, internal SD is replaced by uSD 4GB with v2-image.
NuPogodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2015, 10:30 AM   #108
masterjet
masterjet began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4NT
OTG on KoboDroid

Hi Marek!

Any chance of getting a new build with USB OTG support?

It seems like it works with the XCSoar build
https://github.com/ifly7charlie/XCSo...e/USB-hot-plug
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=225551
masterjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 04:27 AM   #109
lohtse
Groupie
lohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Kobo Touch
anychance we could use this on kobo touch (original n950) ???

or away to boot from sd on same device and then use this without replacing kobo os?
lohtse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 09:53 AM   #110
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Has anyone tried this on the old Aura HD? Is it likely to work, or just brick the Aura HD?
Advert
Old 10-24-2015, 10:01 PM   #111
Mike_73
Guru
Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, iPad 16GB Wifi, Kindle Voyage, Nexus 6, Razr HD
I'm planning on purchasing a H2O. I had some Sony readers way back when they came out, switched to tablets, and when I found waterproof readers, I wanted to get one. I would be interested in running Android on the H2O, but I don't know too much about modifying Android so it could run on a Kobo reader. But I found this Blog:
http://angor00.blogspot.ru/2014/02/b...nal-sd-on.html
Angor is running Android on an Aura HD, so I think it should also run on the H2O. Only thing I don't know is whether or not Android can be fully controlled because H2O only has single touch on infrared and Aura HD has multitouch on capacitive.
Mike_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 06:33 AM   #112
freekobo
Addict
freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_73 View Post
... Aura HD has multitouch on capacitive.
Not true. Aura HD is IR.
freekobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 12:39 PM   #113
Mike_73
Guru
Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, iPad 16GB Wifi, Kindle Voyage, Nexus 6, Razr HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by freekobo View Post
Not true. Aura HD is IR.
Sorry I may be wrong, but I thought I had read this somewhere. But the buttons seem to be different though. Or do they have the same button setup too?
Mike_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 08:27 PM   #114
freekobo
Addict
freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Sorry I may be wrong, but I thought I had read this somewhere. But the buttons seem to be different though. Or do they have the same button setup too?
http://download.kobobooks.com/magent...erguide_en.pdf

http://download.kobobooks.com/magent...erguide_en.pdf

Yup, same
freekobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 04:45 PM   #115
Rizla
Member Retired

Quote:
I'm planning on purchasing a H2O. I had some Sony readers way back when they came out, switched to tablets, and when I found waterproof readers, I wanted to get one. I would be interested in running Android on the H2O, but I don't know too much about modifying Android so it could run on a Kobo reader. But I found this Blog:
http://angor00.blogspot.ru/2014/02/b...nal-sd-on.html
Angor is running Android on an Aura HD, so I think it should also run on the H2O. Only thing I don't know is whether or not Android can be fully controlled because H2O only has single touch on infrared and Aura HD has multitouch on capacitive.
Forget it. If you want open Android on e-ink, get something else. It won't work on H2O, and it sucks on the Aura HD. It might be okay on an old Glo as Marek is developing for it. The others, forget it.
Old 10-26-2015, 05:13 PM   #116
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizla View Post
Forget it. If you want open Android on e-ink, get something else. It won't work on H2O, and it sucks on the Aura HD. It might be okay on an old Glo as Marek is developing for it. The others, forget it.
"Is" or "was"? Is he actively involved in that now?
thatworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 08:55 AM   #117
supakdee
supakdee began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Cool Great ROM but my green light at the top bling all the time

I'm using Kobo N905C touch
I have two issues:
1) Biggest issue - green light at the top bling all the time
2) When I tried to shut down, the language is German (I believe)
supakdee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 01:29 PM   #118
NuPogodi
Connoisseur
NuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the endNuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the endNuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the endNuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the endNuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the endNuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the endNuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the endNuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the endNuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the endNuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the endNuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: Kindle 3, Tolino Shine, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by supakdee View Post
I'm using Kobo N905C touch
I have two issues:
1) Biggest issue - green light at the top bling all the time
2) When I tried to shut down, the language is German (I believe)
1) Easy to solve by adding the line
ioctl -d /dev/ntx_io 127
to any script starting with android, for example, hw_check.sh.

2) German strings by reboot ( as well as warnings "cpu is overloaded" and "critical error") might be replaced via editing last strings in framework-res.apk. One may also download the version edited by me (the german & russian strings will be shown at the corresponding android locales, the english -- at any other locale).

Last edited by NuPogodi; 11-08-2015 at 01:36 PM.
NuPogodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 10:01 AM   #119
supakdee
supakdee began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuPogodi View Post
1) Easy to solve by adding the line
ioctl -d /dev/ntx_io 127
to any script starting with android, for example, hw_check.sh.

2) German strings by reboot ( as well as warnings "cpu is overloaded" and "critical error") might be replaced via editing last strings in framework-res.apk. One may also download the version edited by me (the german & russian strings will be shown at the corresponding android locales, the english -- at any other locale).
Work great - Thanks a lot
supakdee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 10:57 AM   #120
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
I have a question from people who are running their Kobo on Android: is it Ok in terms of battery or you just reverted back to Kobo's OS? Asking this because I guess there's not much talk about Android on Kobo's if at all, recently! So I guess devs just preferred Kobo's own OS.

Many stability issues with Android?
thatworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote