Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 11-16-2019, 01:27 AM   #106
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Bigme 3/3, Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 2/8, Tolino 1/10, Ki/Ko 0/8
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrisco View Post
Seriously, has anyone been able to take notes on this thing? My arm keeps touching the home button and closing the app.
Yes, im using rotation control and reverse landscape
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 02:32 AM   #107
shak3800
Connoisseur
shak3800 began at the beginning.

Device: Icarus E653
Just wondering about something. Do you apply a screen protector on likebook Alita? Just wondering if the glass screen together with the ereader case is safe enough or to use a screen protector. The problem with the screen protector is that it makes fonts blurry. So basically is a call between clarity and safety. The case should keep it safe enough but can the note taking with the pen scratch the screen or damage it without a screen protector?

Last edited by shak3800; 11-17-2019 at 02:47 AM.
shak3800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2019, 06:45 AM   #108
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shak3800 View Post
Just wondering about something. Do you apply a screen protector on likebook Alita? Just wondering if the glass screen together with the ereader case is safe enough or to use a screen protector. The problem with the screen protector is that it makes fonts blurry. So basically is a call between clarity and safety. The case should keep it safe enough but can the note taking with the pen scratch the screen or damage it without a screen protector?
Alita has no glass screen - he is plastic and can not break.
Screen protector helps that the screen is not scratched by the pen.
Old 11-17-2019, 07:10 AM   #109
shak3800
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
Alita has no glass screen - he is plastic and can not break.
Screen protector helps that the screen is not scratched by the pen.
Are you sure there is no glass screen? Here is a part of the review by goodereader. That was the main reason that i didnt choose Mimas

Update: Just confirmed that the material is PMMA and stylus will not scratch or damage the screen. Other material like key could scratch it. The screen protector is mostly added to give you a better feeling when writing

Last edited by shak3800; 11-17-2019 at 09:07 AM.
Old 11-17-2019, 09:58 AM   #110
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
Are you sure there is no glass screen? Here is a part of the review by goodereader. That was the main reason that i didnt choose Mimas
goodereader wrote nonsense.
Here you can see the screen technology.
10.3 is flexible, 7.8 is glass.
Advert
Old 11-17-2019, 11:09 AM   #111
shak3800
Connoisseur

Quote:
goodereader wrote nonsense.
Here you can see the screen technology.
10.3 is flexible, 7.8 is glass.
So the screen being plastic is more durable. My main concern was that the screen protector makes everything less clear and more blurry and was worried if the stylus could scratch the screen without it but Likebook support confirmed that it is not possible. A key however could scratch it.
Old 11-17-2019, 12:51 PM   #112
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
So the screen being plastic is more durable. My main concern was that the screen protector makes everything less clear and more blurry and was worried if the stylus could scratch the screen without it but Likebook support confirmed that it is not possible. A key however could scratch it.
I am using it without protector, but a particle of dust could scratch it.
Old 11-17-2019, 01:22 PM   #113
shak3800
Connoisseur

Quote:
I am using it without protector, but a particle of dust could scratch it.
You should always read in enviroments with no dust all then
Old 11-17-2019, 02:10 PM   #114
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
You should always read in enviroments with no dust all then
It was wonderful working in sunshine in the garden with office apps and BT Keyboard attached. .....

Last edited by ottischwenk; 11-17-2019 at 04:02 PM.
Old 11-17-2019, 03:58 PM   #115
shak3800
Connoisseur

Thanks everyone for all the info.

One last question. Has anyone managed to install the screen protector successfully without bubbles? Any tips how to install it ?
Old 11-17-2019, 04:03 PM   #116
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
One last question. Has anyone managed to install the screen protector successfully without bubbles? Any tips how to install it ?
I didnt succeed.
Old 11-17-2019, 11:35 PM   #117
Zeat
Zeat began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Alita
Quote:
I didnt succeed.
I ask the vendor to stick the protector when I bought Alita. His skill was quite good, I only found 1-2 bubbles that are obvious at the edge of the machine.
Zeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 11:45 PM   #118
Zeat
Zeat began at the beginning.

To transfer files easily, I installed whatsapp in my Alita. After I installed whatsapp, I tried to transfer file in the same way as usual as using my phone, bu I could not find the share button in the default built-in file manager and other third party file manager. Besides, while I pressed the share button in whatsapp, it also activated the built-in file manager or other third party one, but the file that I wanted to choose could not be chosen or share.
Anyone have solution? Thanks.
Zeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 11:01 AM   #119
shak3800
Connoisseur

Quote:
I didnt succeed.
Just received my replaced Alita. TRied the screen protector failed miserably, but without it the difference is night and day.

Much less glare. With the screen protector i could see a lot of reflection.
Most improtantly the text now is crystal clear. With the protector i was wondering if it was the fault of the book or of the screen. It appears it was just the fault of having a protector on.

There is also a blog post here which seems to agree with my opinion but of course opinions my vary regarding the use of it or not.

https://blog.the-ebook-reader.com/20...ers-a-bad-mix/
Old 11-18-2019, 06:20 PM   #120
mbrisco
(gtfo/freak)
mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks everyone for all the info.

I failed horribly. I bought a second one, and I'm going to try to pay Best Buy to put it on for me.
mbrisco is offline   Reply With Quote