Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-30-2023, 06:59 PM   #106
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned View Post
Thanks Zod and Jon.
It's a Libra 2, so I'll leave it alone then on 4.35
i see no reason not to update your Libra 2. I'm on 4.37 now (from 4.34) and it's working no bother.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2023, 07:09 PM   #107
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
Firmware 4.37.21533

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
It didn't break anything on my Libra 2. That's always positive these days on upgrades.

Aside from the nail biter install (it hung at reboot on a blank screen with a blinking light for about ten minutes after downloading the firmware), it hasn’t broken anything on my Clara HD either.

I’ll be testing syncing between Kobos and Kobo iOS apps later today. There’s always hope that they fix the bugs.
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-30-2023, 07:29 PM   #108
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
i see no reason not to update your Libra 2. I'm on 4.37 now (from 4.34) and it's working no bother.
But there's no particular reason to update either.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2023, 08:09 PM   #109
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I'll probably wait a month or two to see if any reports of strange regressions pop up before updating. I'm always wary of the next firmware being some kind of lemon, so I prefer to be on the latest stable version in case I need to avoid updating for a long time. (Yes, I could do a manual firmware install, but I'm also lazy. )
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2023, 03:07 AM   #110
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
With me, it's usually just that I am too lazy to want to go through and do the patches. If you can't tell whether you are running 4.35 or 4.37, then why bother with the update? It's not like 4.35 was a buggy mess.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2023, 04:32 AM   #111
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
But there's no particular reason to update either.
Of course there is. You will then have both of your Kobos on the same firmware version.
Old 07-01-2023, 04:33 AM   #112
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
With me, it's usually just that I am too lazy to want to go through and do the patches. If you can't tell whether you are running 4.35 or 4.37, then why bother with the update? It's not like 4.35 was a buggy mess.
The patches were actually very easy to do.
Old 07-01-2023, 04:34 AM   #113
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
I'll probably wait a month or two to see if any reports of strange regressions pop up before updating. I'm always wary of the next firmware being some kind of lemon, so I prefer to be on the latest stable version in case I need to avoid updating for a long time. (Yes, I could do a manual firmware install, but I'm also lazy. )
I figure if there are any gotchas that are enough of a problem, I can revert.
Old 07-01-2023, 06:07 AM   #114
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Of course there is. You will then have both of your Kobos on the same firmware version.
I do have both on the same version - 4.34.

I guess I may update my Kobos when I find myself bored with nothing much to do. Who knows when the next update will be released. Might be several months with the current tempo. Really, those updates come so thick and fast these days as to make one real dizzy.
Old 07-01-2023, 06:14 AM   #115
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
That doesn't really mean a lot to me. The only reason my Kobos are on the same firmware version now is because of the recent mandatory upgrade notice.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2023, 06:15 AM   #116
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
I do have both on the same version - 4.34.

I guess I may update my Kobos when I find myself bored with nothing much to do. Who knows when the next update will be released. Might be several months with the current tempo. Really, those updates come so thick and fast these days as to make one real dizzy.
I thought you'd have wanted 4.37 for the Sage.
Old 07-01-2023, 06:26 AM   #117
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I thought you'd have wanted 4.37 for the Sage.
I don't take notes, I just read.
Old 07-01-2023, 08:23 AM   #118
Ned
Ebook reader
Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O (ed 2, v1), Kobo Forma, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
I don't take notes, I just read.
Hallelujah!
You and me both.
I put books on my excellent Libra 2, read them and that's it.
Can't do with this multi functionality
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2023, 11:56 AM   #119
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Most people get a Sage simply to read. That's why the Pen isn't included.
Many get an Elipsa for comics or PDFs.
I'd only use the Pen on Elipsa to "doodle" notes on PDFs. I quickly realised after buying it that though I'd not been interested in 8" Sage as I had a 7" Libra, that the Sage could be far better for notebooks. I wasn't impressed with the reMarkable as it's only networked USB (no Calibre) PDF viewer and basically the Notebooks are a fancy sketchpad. No library system, just a file manager.
So I no longer use Jota on Android or paper notebooks. But the Wife has a Sage too because the 8" vs 7" is more like reading a paperback (she had a Libra) but never ever uses the notebooks.

If I want more than notes I use PC or laptop. The Android tablets now only used for Solitare and Viber (oddly like Kobo also owned by Rakuten).

My desktop PC has a UPS, so as safe as laptop for content creation if a power cut or someone trips the box. So I only use laptop now if doing stuff when visiting someone.

Last edited by Quoth; 07-01-2023 at 12:01 PM.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2023, 11:57 AM   #120
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
The patches were actually very easy to do.
I like it best when you end these posts with IMHO...
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firmware, firmware release