Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-07-2011, 11:40 AM   #106
KarenH
Addict
KarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five words

Device: K3
I've been looking around since I got my Kindle for a case that also works as an easel-type stand. I ordered this one and finally received it yesterday (it was backordered). I haven't had a lot of time to use it yet, but my first impressions are good. It seems very well made and holds the Kindle securely. It isn't locked into position in any way when it's in the stand formation, just propped against a raised ridge on the case, so it may not stay in place if used on an uneven or moving surface (like a lap ) but seems to be fine on a solid surface.

One word of warning though - the description says it works for the Kindle 2 and Kindle 3 (and nook), which concerned me a bit because I was afraid the fit on the K3 might be loose and sloppy. When I received the package, however, it just said K3 and nook, and it's a very good fit - but there's no way a K2 would fit in it, so if you're looking for a case to fit the K2 this one won't work.

ETA: I just compared the look of mine to the picture on the Best Buy page, and it looks like the only change they have made is to resize the bottom bracket so that it now fits the K3 properly.

Last edited by KarenH; 01-07-2011 at 11:47 AM. Reason: additional information
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 01:16 PM   #107
allisondbl
Connoisseur
allisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to behold

Device: Kindle Paperwhites 2013 and 2015, Nook Glowlight, iPhone, etc.
May I say ... YOU ROCK!!! Danke!
allisondbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2011, 01:22 PM   #108
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by allisondbl View Post
May I say ... YOU ROCK!!! Danke!
mobile read rocks! bitte!

welcome to the forums!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 08:28 PM   #109
Mark Rehorst
was engr, now dentist
Mark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Kindle DXG
Cover to trade

Forgive me if this is the wrong place for this- I'm new here...

I just acquired a Kindle DXG via Craig's list and it came with the Amazon leather cover in black. I would love to trade it for any lighter color except chocolate brown of the same cover if anyone has one in a color they don't like.

I would also entertain trades for other covers, just not dark colors.

Thanks!

Mark Rehorst
Mark Rehorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 09:49 PM   #110
ahmadnz
ahmadnz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Re: Kindle DX Covers

I have changed my mind and will not be getting a "hook and clip" system for my Kindle DX cover. Too much risk of having it crack on me I'm afraid.

I am very interested in the M-Edge cases for DX.

Does anyone have experience with the M-Edge Page Sleeve?

I love the minimalistic design but my only concern is whether it offers enough screen protection for if I throw the cover into a backpack. How firm is the leather?

If I want better screen impact protection would the M-Edge executive leather cover offer me this over the Page Sleeve or are they similar in strength?

Thanks And thanks for the Oberon suggestions but I can't afford one.
ahmadnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2011, 11:08 PM   #111
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Rehorst View Post
Forgive me if this is the wrong place for this- I'm new here...

I just acquired a Kindle DXG via Craig's list and it came with the Amazon leather cover in black. I would love to trade it for any lighter color except chocolate brown of the same cover if anyone has one in a color they don't like.

I would also entertain trades for other covers, just not dark colors.

Thanks!

Mark Rehorst
welcome to the forums! it would probably be better to try this at our flea market. I'm not sure how much interest you will get in trading, so you might say trade or -X- amount of dollars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmadnz View Post
Re: Kindle DX Covers

I have changed my mind and will not be getting a "hook and clip" system for my Kindle DX cover. Too much risk of having it crack on me I'm afraid.

I am very interested in the M-Edge cases for DX.

Does anyone have experience with the M-Edge Page Sleeve?

I love the minimalistic design but my only concern is whether it offers enough screen protection for if I throw the cover into a backpack. How firm is the leather?

If I want better screen impact protection would the M-Edge executive leather cover offer me this over the Page Sleeve or are they similar in strength?

Thanks And thanks for the Oberon suggestions but I can't afford one.
I had the medge cover for my first K1. it was pretty sturdy. I can't address the sleeve. welcome to the forums!
Old 01-08-2011, 11:48 PM   #112
Mark Rehorst
was engr, now dentist
Mark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Kindle DXG
Thanks, I found the flea market and posted there.

MR
Mark Rehorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 11:15 PM   #113
inkyness
Enthusiast
inkyness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.inkyness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.inkyness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.inkyness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.inkyness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.inkyness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.inkyness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.inkyness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.inkyness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.inkyness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.inkyness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
The Oberon covers on the front page look amazing - I would love to buy one of those for my Kindle.

The only problem with getting such a nice cover is that I'll probably upgrade to a new ereader someday and it might not be the same size. I wouldn't want the cover to suddenly become useless.
inkyness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 11:21 PM   #114
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

unfortunately that is a problem we all face. I've been looking at my K1 and oberon covering wondering about just that. so far I have gifted two readers with covers that I have gone through and I will probably just continue to do that. unless I try to sell them. but the reality is I would gift them. hopefully Amazon will get to a standard size and quit tweaking that. other than the DX they haven't been terribly different in size
Old 01-10-2011, 06:43 PM   #115
inkyness
Enthusiast
inkyness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.inkyness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.inkyness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.inkyness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.inkyness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.inkyness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.inkyness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.inkyness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.inkyness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.inkyness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.inkyness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yeah, although for me the issue is complicated by the fact that I don't even know who my next ereader will be made by. I imagine my Kindle will last me at least three years, but after that it really depends on what each of the ereader companies have come up with by then; it could easily be a Sony or a Nook.

One thing that someone suggested was to use it as a notebook cover (something like this). Does that sound like it might work?
Old 01-10-2011, 08:41 PM   #116
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkyness View Post
Yeah, although for me the issue is complicated by the fact that I don't even know who my next ereader will be made by. I imagine my Kindle will last me at least three years, but after that it really depends on what each of the ereader companies have come up with by then; it could easily be a Sony or a Nook.

One thing that someone suggested was to use it as a notebook cover (something like this). Does that sound like it might work?
for some of those midsized spiral notebooks I think it might. go cruise the office supply store some day and let us know!
Old 01-11-2011, 08:13 PM   #117
inkyness
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
for some of those midsized spiral notebooks I think it might. go cruise the office supply store some day and let us know!
If I do decide to get one, I will. If someone who already owns one has tried it already, though, I would love to hear about whether it worked.

I was actually thinking more of a moleskin-type notebook, since I wasn't sure if there would be room for the spiral binding, but perhaps there is... you'd know better than me.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:38 PM   #118
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkyness View Post
If I do decide to get one, I will. If someone who already owns one has tried it already, though, I would love to hear about whether it worked.

I was actually thinking more of a moleskin-type notebook, since I wasn't sure if there would be room for the spiral binding, but perhaps there is... you'd know better than me.
there are different thicknesses for spiral bound notebooks, I am fairly certain something would work! I'll keep my eye out though!
Old 01-12-2011, 01:29 AM   #119
NVash
Wandering Vagabond
NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch
http://www.etsy.com/people/vintagecovers
I found a link to this site on Amazon, anyone have any experience with them? For me its between having a custom made one here or an Oberon cover.
NVash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 01:49 AM   #120
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVash View Post
http://www.etsy.com/people/vintagecovers
I found a link to this site on Amazon, anyone have any experience with them? For me its between having a custom made one here or an Oberon cover.
I know that there has been some positive feedback on some etsy sites here. I have no idea if this is the same site. I would suggest that unless you are in a hurry, give this a couple of days and see if the folks who have been etsy customers come back by.