Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-26-2023, 04:43 AM   #1171
famfam
Connoisseur
famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmreader View Post
On the Babylon site I found a French to German dictionary and converted it. Please check if it works.
Kind regards,
Ruud
But the french-german is already checked? But not the reverse? And it works on kobo? If it works on kobo, than it should work on kobo clara hd?
Did anybody did it succesfully?
famfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2023, 04:18 AM   #1172
takfarinas
takfarinas began at the beginning.

Device: kobo h2o libra
thanks a lot in advance , plse I am still searching for German-arabic dictionary for Kobo ,I found here one but its very poor
thanks a lot if some one can help
takfarinas is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2023, 04:38 AM   #1173
takfarinas

Hello, how are you ?
plse I am looking for a German arabic dictionary for kobo , if you converted it plse !!
thanks a lot
Old 09-15-2023, 11:48 PM   #1174
takfarinas

hello guys , thank you all
pose someone can convert me this dictionary to kobo plse
https://www.deutsch-lern.com/2017/10...an-arabic.html
thanks a lot in advance
Old 11-20-2023, 03:46 PM   #1175
gertverne
gertverne began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Hello, I am considering Libra 2 for buying and want to ask if it is possible to set a custom dictionary as default(to not choose the dictionary I need every time) for a specific book. For example I want to have English-Russian as default for English book.
gertverne is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2023, 07:30 AM   #1176
dictionaryhelp
dictionaryhelp began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by durianfarmer View Post
Hi,

Could someone help me convert a Danish-English (Da-En) wikitionary dictionary to a format suitable for kobo readers.

https://github.com/Vuizur/Wiktionary...tardict.tar.gz

Thanks
Hi,

Thank you for this link! I wasn't able to find any Vietnamese-English Wiktionary dictionaries on Google, but this works well for my Kindle!

Could anyone help me convert it to Kobo format as well?

https://github.com/Vuizur/Wiktionary...ictionary.mobi

https://github.com/Vuizur/Wiktionary...dictionary.tsv
dictionaryhelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2023, 08:22 AM   #1177
nezih
Enthusiast
nezih can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nezih can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nezih can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nezih can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nezih can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nezih can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nezih can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nezih can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nezih can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nezih can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nezih can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kobo Aura SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by dictionaryhelp View Post
Hi,

Thank you for this link! I wasn't able to find any Vietnamese-English Wiktionary dictionaries on Google, but this works well for my Kindle!

Could anyone help me convert it to Kobo format as well?

https://github.com/Vuizur/Wiktionary...ictionary.mobi

https://github.com/Vuizur/Wiktionary...dictionary.tsv
dicthtml-vi-en.zip
Attached Files
File Type: zip dicthtml-vi-en.zip (6.91 MB, 74 views)
nezih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2023, 11:26 AM   #1178
Inaarahistic
Inaarahistic began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo libra 2
Hi! I downloaded the russian-english dictionary, and it is working, but only from russian to english. I don't know if that was the point but I would love if I could also translate words from english to russian!. I hope somone will answer.
Inaarahistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2023, 11:42 AM   #1179
Inaarahistic
Inaarahistic began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo libra 2
Hi! I am using your dictionary, but I would love if the english words could also be translated to russian. Do i have to find a new dicitonary for that? Do you know any?
Inaarahistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2023, 02:34 PM   #1180
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inaarahistic View Post
Hi! I am using your dictionary, but I would love if the english words could also be translated to russian. Do i have to find a new dicitonary for that? Do you know any?
You need to get an English to Russian dictionary.

See
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owl_ View Post
And here is WordNet 3 Infused RU English to Russian,

enriched with inflections and IPA phonetics

wordcount = 305919

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2023, 04:15 AM   #1181
gertverne
gertverne began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inaarahistic View Post
Hi! I downloaded the russian-english dictionary, and it is working, but only from russian to english. I don't know if that was the point but I would love if I could also translate words from english to russian!. I hope somone will answer.
Hello, can I ask a question about one thing related with RU-EN dictionary. Do you have to choose it during each word lookup or it remains selected between lookups?
gertverne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2024, 05:08 PM   #1182
booksmcgee
booksmcgee began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura Ed. 2
File Conversion - .txt to Kobo Dictionary Format

Hey everyone,

I've been wrestling with this for a hot minute, and it's fascinating, but dang--I'm feeling pretty lost. My due diligence is done, as I hope you'll see from the play-by-play below, but please forgive me if I'm re-treading well-trodden ground or missing something obvious!

Anyway, to the issue at hand. I am trying to use PyGlossary to convert the attached .txt Georgian-English dictionary to a Kobo-friendly format. The .txt file, which I've zipped and attached, was converted by me through Calibre from a .mobi file, which I found here.

After a little tweaking with tab limitation, I'm pretty sure the .txt is ready for seamless conversion. But this is where I hit my roadblock. PyGlossary does its thing and creates the file--I'm calling it dicthtml-ka-en.zip, advisedly--but only creates what I believe to be the index. No .html entries pop up when I unzip the file, and, while my Kobo recognizes it as a Georgian-English dictionary, it doesn't work on my Georgian books. I've tried converting the .txt into other formats and back, I've messed around with the other formats at the Github link above, and I've converted the .txt semi-successfully into Excel and tried editing it there. Nothing doing.

So, I guess my question is this: Where do I go from here? Am I missing something in PyGlossary? Is there more to do in Excel/Notepad? Are the tabs in the .txt even formatted correctly in the first place? Or maybe you know of a Georgian dictionary that I simply missed (in which case, ჩემი გმირი ხარ!). Thank you sincerely for any and all advice! If you need any more info, please don't hesitate to let me know. What began as a little weekend project while I worked on other stuff has turned into a giant, Saturday-consuming albatross. Not that I'm complaining, of course, since I'm kinda having fun and learning a lot.

P.S. -- I should mention (and maybe you saw this coming) that I am only very vaguely familiar with programming/super technical stuff. I felt like a computer wizard when I managed to pip install PyGlossary a few nights ago. That said, I am really digging this troubleshooting process and am ready to do my level best with whatever advice ye file conversion gods send my way, no matter how technical.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Georgian-English Wiktionary dic - Vuizur - Copy.zip (22 Bytes, 254 views)
booksmcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2024, 06:02 PM   #1183
dictionaryhelp
dictionaryhelp began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by nezih View Post
dicthtml-vi-en.zip
Thank you so much!
dictionaryhelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 04:06 AM   #1184
kandwo
Addict
kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by gertverne View Post
Hello, can I ask a question about one thing related with RU-EN dictionary. Do you have to choose it during each word lookup or it remains selected between lookups?
It remains selected within the same book.
kandwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2024, 09:12 PM   #1185
cmoim
Enthusiast
cmoim began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage , Kindle Oasis 2 , Kobo Aura Edition 2
Can someone convert Fictionary 8 from Cosmere to dicthtml-es.zip or any language than english , thank you!
https://fictionary.gumroad.com/l/Cosmere8/nocost
cmoim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo dictionaries