Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-14-2023, 02:30 AM   #1156
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Debug log worked, thanks.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2023, 04:03 AM   #1157
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

How do i change the active VL with a chain? View Manager won't work, as I also want to switch to a view that doesn't have a VL attached.

EDIT: My backup option is to make a duplicate view with the VL attached, but if there's a better way I'd prefer that.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 09-15-2023 at 04:09 AM.
Advert
Old 09-15-2023, 04:45 AM   #1158
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
How do i change the active VL with a chain? View Manager won't work, as I also want to switch to a view that doesn't have a VL attached.

EDIT: My backup option is to make a duplicate view with the VL attached, but if there's a better way I'd prefer that.
You can do it with a python code action. Here is an example.
Attached Files
File Type: zip vl_change_chain.zip (414 Bytes, 90 views)
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2023, 05:29 AM   #1159
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

That works! It also works with the 'switch view' module so I don't need a separate action for that.
Old 09-25-2023, 01:37 PM   #1160
chicleeblair
Connoisseur
chicleeblair began at the beginning.

Device: iPad mini
It shocks me that this hasn’t been asked, but Google and site search isn’t getting me there. I have calibre set to auto-add epubs to my library from my download folder. Is there an event signal that could activate my new books action chain (downloading/changing mettadata) It’d have to be books specifically being imported from a file, because I don’t want it running after FanficFare runs.

I think I have the code once I get the signal, but if someone wants to give it to me like I’m five, I’d appreciate it!
chicleeblair is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2023, 04:23 PM   #1161
capink
Wizard
capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicleeblair View Post
Is there an event signal that could activate my new books action chain (downloading/changing mettadata)
Here is an event for book additions. You can add it using Action Chains module editor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicleeblair View Post
It’d have to be books specifically being imported from a file, because I don’t want it running after FanficFare runs.
I am not sure what this means, all books additions are imported from files, and the event I linked above will be triggered for all book additions, whether automatically through auto-add, or interactively through calibre Add Books menu.
capink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2023, 02:16 PM   #1162
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
I just noticed that the menu icons for my Chains are not displaying. Any ideas on what to look into?
Comfy.n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2023, 03:34 PM   #1163
capink
Wizard
capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

First thing is to make sure the icons are still there on your filesystem in the directory they are supposed to be in. Also are they only absent in the menus? I mean can you see them next to the chain name in the chains dialog? Can you re-choose them from the icon dropdwon menu?
Old 09-30-2023, 03:45 PM   #1164
Comfy.n
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capink View Post
First thing is to make sure the icons are still there on your filesystem in the directory they are supposed to be in. Also are they only absent in the menus? I mean can you see them next to the chain name in the chains dialog? Can you re-choose them from the icon dropdwon menu?
Re-choosing doesn't seem to work.. This is what I see in the Chains dialog:

Click image for larger version

Name:	MWSnap 2023-09-30, 16_40_07.png
Views:	49
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	204019

Oddly, I see there's one chain icon showing up (meta full dl), but it doesn't correspond to the one I have chosen, it's different..

edit: icons are located in C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\calibre\resources\im ages

Last edited by Comfy.n; 09-30-2023 at 04:42 PM.
Old 09-30-2023, 03:51 PM   #1165
capink
Wizard

Are these stock calibre icons? if they are not, when you try to re-choose them, can you navigate to where they are stored on disk? what happens next?
Old 09-30-2023, 03:54 PM   #1166
Comfy.n

Quote:
Originally Posted by capink View Post
Are these stock calibre icons? if they are not, when you try to re-choose them, can you navigate to where they are stored on disk? what happens next?
icons are located in C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\calibre\resources\im ages

I added a new icon with a unique name, used Everything to search my drives, and the only place where this new icon is found is the above mentioned
Old 09-30-2023, 03:59 PM   #1167
Comfy.n

they're mostly custom icons
Old 09-30-2023, 04:03 PM   #1168
capink
Wizard

Last resort here is to rename them by adding a numerical suffix as they might have name clashes with calibre stock icons. I've been meaning to re-write the whole icon management for a while now, so I am not inclined to put much time into icons, except for minor bugs. If there is any additional clue for me to investigate, let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfy.n View Post
icons are located in C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\calibre\resources\im ages

I added a new icon with a unique name, used Everything to search my drives, and the only place where this new icon is found is the above mentioned
That is how it is supposed to work, the icon will be copied over to the resources directory.
Old 09-30-2023, 04:08 PM   #1169
Comfy.n

forgot to answer: yes, I can navigate to where they are stored on disk.

I think I found something interesting: if I choose the file named download-metadata.png for any chain, this icon will show up in PI menu and in the Chains Dialog.

So it seems it doesn't like icons with filenames other than Calibre Stock's?
Old 09-30-2023, 04:10 PM   #1170
capink
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfy.n View Post

So it seems it doesn't like icons with filenames other than Calibre Stock's?
Yes, there has been a change in Calibre6/Qt6 that conflicts the plugin's way of managing icons. I haven't got around to dealing with. But I will sometime in the future.