Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-18-2020, 11:52 PM   #1156
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Graverobbers Wanted (No Experience Necessary) by Jeff Strand is $0.99 at Amazon US.

Quote:
The first book in the wildly popular series of horror/comedy novels featuring Andrew Mayhem!

When you’re desperate for money, searching for a little adventure, and aren’t the most responsible person in the world, you can end up doing some outrageous things. Which is how Andrew Mayhem, a married father of two, ends up accepting $20,000 to find a key…a key buried with a body in a shallow grave.

But what he finds in the grave isn’t quite what he expected, and what begins as a simple evening of morally questionable manual labor turns into a really good way to die. Andrew finds himself investigating a murder while forced into a bizarre game of wits and courage played by an unseen killer with a twisted sense of humor. It’s a game that will involve him with a group of filmmakers known as Ghoulish Delights, who are hiding a secret that will test every last bit of Andrew’s nerve to discover.

And it’s impossible to find a babysitter.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 11:55 PM   #1157
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Little Girls by Ronald Malfi is $1.99 at Amazon US.

Quote:
From Bram Stoker Award nominee Ronald Malfi comes a chilling novel of childhood revisited, memories resurrected, and fears reborn . . .

After years away, Laurie returns to the home where she was raised by a cold, distant father who recently exorcised his demons. But no amount of cleaning can wipe away the troubled past. She feels it lurking in the broken moldings, sees it staring from an empty picture frame, hears it laughing in the moldy greenhouse deep in the woods . . .

At first, Laurie thinks she’s imagining things. But when she meets her daughter’s new playmate, she notices her uncanny resemblance to another little girl who used to live next door. Who died next door. With each passing day, Laurie’s uneasiness grows stronger, her thoughts more disturbing. Like her father, is she slowly losing her mind? Or is something truly unspeakable happening?
Advert
Old 06-19-2020, 06:45 AM   #1158
radbaddude
Addict
radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
^ Thanks. Grabbed Strand's but Malfi's is back up to $9.
radbaddude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 09:15 AM   #1159
ReadingManiac
Genre Jumper
ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
You and I reading Nightscape at the same time will likely be the biggest bump in readership Stephen George has seen in a while
If it stays good all through, he deserves more. I've been finishing up some book group reads but going back into this one tonight.
ReadingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 04:45 PM   #1160
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadingManiac View Post
If it stays good all through, he deserves more. I've been finishing up some book group reads but going back into this one tonight.
I'm on chapter five of Nightscape and am really enjoying it so far. I purposely didn't reread the blurb before beginning the book, so the plot is a mystery to me.

I admit that I may be an undemanding reader, but I really like George's writing, pacing and characterization (though the mother-in-law is a bit one-note).
Advert
Old 06-19-2020, 04:51 PM   #1161
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Ghost Road Blues by Jonathan Maberry is on sale for $1.99 at Amazon US. I have the trilogy in paperback, but haven't read them.

The book has a new cover that is pretty crummy. Kensington is still listed as the publisher, but to me the cover looks like a self-pubbed book.

Quote:
The book that launched the Pine Deep trilogy

Thirty years ago, a blues musician called the Bone Man killed the devil at the crossroads, only to be beaten and hung like a scarecrow in a cornfield--or so the story goes. Today, the people of Pine Deep celebrate their town's grisly past by luring tourists to the famous haunted hayride, full of chills and scares. But this year, "The Spookiest Town in America" will learn the true meaning of fear. Its residents will see the real face of evil lurking behind the masks of ordinary people. They will feel it--in their hearts, in their bones, in their nightmares. Because evil never dies. It only grows stronger…
Old 06-19-2020, 06:07 PM   #1162
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
^ I believe this won the Bram Stoker award For Best First Novel.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 05:16 PM   #1163
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
^ I believe this won the Bram Stoker award For Best First Novel.
Now if only it had a better cover. The original cover was mediocre. But the new one is worse.

Last edited by ZodWallop; 06-20-2020 at 05:22 PM.
Old 06-20-2020, 05:19 PM   #1164
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Not marketed as horror, but seems at least horror-adjacent: The Night Crossing by Robert Masello is $0.99 at Amazon US.

Quote:
Bram Stoker kept secret a tale even more terrifying than Dracula.

It begins among the Carpathian peaks, when an intrepid explorer discovers a mysterious golden box. She brings it back with her to the foggy streets of Victorian London, unaware of its dangerous power…or that an evil beyond imagining has already taken root in the city.

Stoker, a successful theater manager but frustrated writer, is drawn into a deadly web spun by the wealthy founders of a mission house for the poor. Far from a safe haven, the mission harbors a dark and terrifying secret.

To save the souls of thousands, Stoker—aided by the explorer and a match girl grieving the loss of her child—must pursue an enemy as ancient as the Saharan sands where it originated. Their journey will take them through the city’s overgrown graveyards and rat-infested tunnels and even onto the maiden voyage of the world’s first “unsinkable” ship…
Old 06-26-2020, 10:39 AM   #1165
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Alice Isn’t Dead by Joseph Fink is $2.99 at Amazon US.

Quote:
From the bestselling co-author of It Devours! and Welcome to Night Vale comes a fast-paced thriller about a truck driver searching across America for the wife she had long assumed to be dead.

“This isn’t a story. It’s a road trip."

Keisha Taylor lived a quiet life with her wife, Alice, until the day that Alice disappeared. After months of searching, presuming she was dead, Keisha held a funeral, mourned, and gradually tried to get on with her life. But that was before Keisha started to see her wife, again and again, in the background of news reports from all over America. Alice isn’t dead, and she is showing up at every major tragedy and accident in the country.

Following a line of clues, Keisha takes a job as a long-haul truck driver and begins searching for Alice. She eventually stumbles on an otherworldly conflict being waged in the quiet corners of our nation’s highway system—uncovering a conspiracy that goes way beyond one missing woman.
Old 06-26-2020, 10:44 AM   #1166
ReadingManiac
Genre Jumper
ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
Quote:
I'm on chapter five of Nightscape and am really enjoying it so far. I purposely didn't reread the blurb before beginning the book, so the plot is a mystery to me.

I admit that I may be an undemanding reader, but I really like George's writing, pacing and characterization (though the mother-in-law is a bit one-note).
Chapter 8 for me, 24% The suspense factor is escallating nicely.
ReadingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 10:56 AM   #1167
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadingManiac View Post
Chapter 8 for me, 24% The suspense factor is escallating nicely.
Chapter twelve for me. I'm really enjoying the book and will be picking up more Stephen George.

Is it just me, or could Shep Thomas easily be a deluded psychotic? (Because of the type of book it is, he clearly isn't. But he sure comes off that way to me.)

Nightscape discussion, if anyone's curious. Still on sale and recommended.
Old 06-26-2020, 11:26 AM   #1168
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Chapter twelve for me. I'm really enjoying the book and will be picking up more Stephen George.

Is it just me, or could Shep Thomas easily be a deluded psychotic? (Because of the type of book it is, he clearly isn't. But he sure comes off that way to me.)

Nightscape discussion, if anyone's curious. Still on sale and recommended.
I finished it the other night. It was a fun read! Just the right amount of tension and crazy moments. I won't say much because you haven't finished, but yeah, Shep's instability definitely helps with keeping the reader a bit off balance.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 04:34 AM   #1169
salty-horse
Wizard
salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E
The Lottery and Other Stories by Shirley Jackson is $2.99 on Amazon.com
salty-horse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 10:00 PM   #1170
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Inhabited by Ike Hamill is FREE at Amazon US.

I have three Ike Hamill books, but as per usual, I haven't read them yet.

Quote:
They were looking for an adventure—a night of harmless fun. Miguel has a map. Kristin’s friend has the equipment. The mine leads to the cave, and the cave is where they’ll find their fortune.
But down in the darkness, something waits.
It needs them.
The caves hold a secret. They’re Inhabited.