Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2015, 02:59 AM   #1126
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
Will I be downloading it and saving it? Mathematically-challenged me? Probably not. ha
I'll probably download it...
Old 12-17-2015, 05:59 AM   #1127
cooptroop
cooptroop began at the beginning.

Device: None
I recently picked up The Productivity Book from Doodle on Amazon for around $1. Bargain! It’s got some nice tips on keeping motivated and productive for work, definitely what I needed around Xmas time
Advert
Old 12-17-2015, 01:36 PM   #1128
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
101 golden rules for writing successful fiction by Alanna Knight - FREE

Amazon US | UK | CA
Quote:
So you want to write…well novelist and short story writer Alanna Knight has 101 golden rules for you to follow to take you along that creative path. Learn about the craft of story writing, tips for getting your first story ready for submission and how to get on to your chosen publisher’s wavelength. Since winning a literary award for her first novel in 1969 Alanna has been writing fiction in a wide range of genres; from historical fiction to romance and lately crime fiction (including sixteen in the acclaimed Inspector Faro series and eight featuring his daughter Rose McQuinn). Experiences from a writing career spanning over sixty novels is condensed into 101 golden rules for you to make that dream of becoming a full-time writer a reality.
Old 12-17-2015, 02:24 PM   #1129
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
I'll probably download it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooptroop View Post
I recently picked up The Productivity Book from Doodle on Amazon for around $1. Bargain! It’s got some nice tips on keeping motivated and productive for work, definitely what I needed around Xmas time
It's nice to know of the interest in those two books. I've been experimenting the last few weeks with posting different kinds of stuff than I usually have before. There were a few books that I posted that I wondered if anyone would have enough interest in to download them.

I was not familiar with Doodle. After doing some searching, I decided that it must be Doodle AG, who have a website here. The book that you referred to must be the one here. The book looked like it was a real good bargain for $1.09!

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 12-17-2015 at 08:52 PM.
Old 12-17-2015, 08:53 PM   #1130
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Is there anyone who would like links to all (I think that it will be all of them, maybe some will be excluded) of the Bluffer's Guides in pdf? I think that I can supply the links, if you'll give me some time. I'll need for more than 1 or 2 people to want them to make it worth my effort; I hope that you understand. PM me or reply to this message, it doesn't matter (to me).

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 12-17-2015 at 08:55 PM.
Advert
Old 12-17-2015, 10:13 PM   #1131
Fluribus
Guru
Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Is there anyone who would like links to all (I think that it will be all of them, maybe some will be excluded) of the Bluffer's Guides in pdf? I think that I can supply the links, if you'll give me some time. I'll need for more than 1 or 2 people to want them to make it worth my effort; I hope that you understand. PM me or reply to this message, it doesn't matter (to me).
I am be grateful for all the lurning I can git.
Old 12-17-2015, 10:48 PM   #1132
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluribus View Post
I am be grateful for all the lurning I can git.
I'll try to find a spelling book for you, too.
Old 12-17-2015, 10:50 PM   #1133
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Hey now, it is oblivious that he are well edumacated.
PS I be thankful two.
Old 12-17-2015, 11:19 PM   #1134
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Deals GALORE on Packt Publishing Titles--3,000+ Titles $5 Each & Some Are Even FREE!

Folks, Packt Publishing titles don't come cheap in normal times. They go as high as $99, and maybe higher, in print list price, and the digital list prices are commensurately as high.

Packt Publishing produce titles related to computers, mainframes especially, it seems. It's stuff that would be of interest mainly to the IT type of people. They also have a small selection of business books that are not particularly related to computers.

First, let me give you the freebies available at Amazon:
Hadoop Explained--http://www.amazon.com/Hadoop-Explain...dp/B00L3BJSYY/.
Thinking in JavaScript. http://www.amazon.com/Thinking-JavaS...dp/B00JUI6LUQ/.
Thinking in CSS. http://www.amazon.com/Thinking-CSS-A...dp/B00JUI6LQU/.
Thinking in HTML. http://www.amazon.com/Thinking-HTML-...dp/B00NN8H4FU/.

And have the people at Packt lost their minds? They are offering every single one of their ebooks--"every title, every topic"--for just $5 each for the rest of December and into the New Year!

It looks like you can get the deals only directly from Packt's website. I know that Amazon's prices haven't changed since the sale began.

Let me give you, first, one freebie that they're offering, which I suppose will be free through the rest of December and into the New Year, also:
$5 Skill Up Year in Review 2015--https://www.packtpub.com/packt/five-...uncement+Email.

Now, for the $5 deals. Folks, there are 3,298 ebooks! Here's the webpage where you can start checking out the titles--https://www.packtpub.com/all?search=...uncement+Email.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 12-18-2015 at 02:02 AM.
Old 12-18-2015, 01:48 AM   #1135
artig
Zealot
artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo, kindle pw
Quote:
The Blufer's Giude To Speling?
Old 12-18-2015, 02:00 AM   #1136
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by artig View Post
The Blufer's Giude To Speling?
That's funny.
Old 12-20-2015, 01:49 AM   #1137
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Free Pdf of Book Showcasing Treasures from the University College Library, London.

The University College Library (UCL) in London "has one of the foremost university Special Collections in the UK. It is a treasure trove of national and international importance, comprising over a million items dating from the 4th century AD to the present day."

Call me a hayseed hick, but I don't recall ever hearing about this library or the University College (question: how can it be an university and a college at the same time? That doesn't make sense. But I digress.) before running across this ebook published by UCL Press.

The title of it is Treasures from UCL, by Gillian Furlong and it's free as a pdf from an organization called AOpen.

Let me give you the book description that was prepared, I think, by UCL:"Treasures from UCL draws together detailed descriptions and images of 70 of the most prized items. Between the magnificent illuminated Latin Bible of the 13th century and the personal items of one of the 20th century’s greatest writers, George Orwell, the many highlights of this remarkable collection will delight and intrigue anyone who picks up this book."

I was fascinated with the items shown and/or described in this book. There are so many beautiful and intricate paper-based (paper, remember that?) items--watercolor paintings (mostly of animals, I think), "illuminated" manuscripts, fine drawings, and more!

As with most of the pdf-only ebooks that I've posted recently, this one is published in physical form, also. Amazon, for example, sells them starting at $41.74 for a used copy.

Some other important information . . . . It has 192 pages. The book was published just recently (July of this year). It has no ratings yet at Amazon, but at GoodReads it is rated 5.00, from 3 ratings at the present moment.

Here is the webpage at AOpen, from which you can download the ebook.
Old 12-20-2015, 11:33 AM   #1138
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
The University College Library (UCL) in London "has one of the foremost university Special Collections in the UK. It is a treasure trove of national and international importance, comprising over a million items dating from the 4th century AD to the present day."

Call me a hayseed hick, but I don't recall ever hearing about this library or the University College (question: how can it be an university and a college at the same time? That doesn't make sense. But I digress.) before running across this ebook published by UCL Press.

The title of it is Treasures from UCL, by Gillian Furlong and it's free as a pdf from an organization called AOpen.

Let me give you the book description that was prepared, I think, by UCL:"Treasures from UCL draws together detailed descriptions and images of 70 of the most prized items. Between the magnificent illuminated Latin Bible of the 13th century and the personal items of one of the 20th century’s greatest writers, George Orwell, the many highlights of this remarkable collection will delight and intrigue anyone who picks up this book."

I was fascinated with the items shown and/or described in this book. There are so many beautiful and intricate paper-based (paper, remember that?) items--watercolor paintings (mostly of animals, I think), "illuminated" manuscripts, fine drawings, and more!

As with most of the pdf-only ebooks that I've posted recently, this one is published in physical form, also. Amazon, for example, sells them starting at $41.74 for a used copy.

Some other important information . . . . It has 192 pages. The book was published just recently (July of this year). It has no ratings yet at Amazon, but at GoodReads it is rated 5.00, from 3 ratings at the present moment.

Here is the webpage at AOpen, from which you can download the ebook.
A University is actually just a collection of Colleges.
Example would be the College of Medicine at Texas Tech University.
Old 12-20-2015, 01:00 PM   #1139
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
A University is actually just a collection of Colleges.
Example would be the College of Medicine at Texas Tech University.
I was just trying to make a silly aside to what I was talking about.

I thought that it would be silly because it seems to me that universities are large schools of higher education and colleges are small schools of higher education. So, in that way of thinking, a school can't be a college and a university at the same time. It is one or the other.

Yes, I know that universities often have colleges within them. Yours was a fine example. But when that is the case, the university is not the same as a college but the college is a subset of the university. Therefore, it can't be the same as the university.

Sometimes, and it seems to me to be most of the time, universities are not organized into colleges, but into departments. Sometimes, like in your example, some "colleges" are thrown in among the departments, for whatever reason.

I need to add "ha" or a smiling or laughing smiley consistently--all of the time--after my attempts to be funny, so people will know that they were intended to be funny, not serious.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 12-20-2015 at 01:03 PM.
Old 12-20-2015, 01:34 PM   #1140
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
I was just trying to make a silly aside to what I was talking about.

I thought that it would be silly because it seems to me that universities are large schools of higher education and colleges are small schools of higher education. So, in that way of thinking, a school can't be a college and a university at the same time. It is one or the other.

Yes, I know that universities often have colleges within them. Yours was a fine example. But when that is the case, the university is not the same as a college but the college is a subset of the university. Therefore, it can't be the same as the university.

Sometimes, and it seems to me to be most of the time, universities are not organized into colleges, but into departments. Sometimes, like in your example, some "colleges" are thrown in among the departments, for whatever reason.

I need to add "ha" or a smiling or laughing smiley consistently--all of the time--after my attempts to be funny, so people will know that they were intended to be funny, not serious.
University College London is one of the best known and most prestigious British Universities. It's one of the world's leading research centres.

A number of British universities, including Oxford and Cambridge, are organised as chiefly independent colleges under the umbrella of an overall university. The university of London is among them, and comprises 18 separate colleges, one of which is UCL.

Last edited by HarryT; 12-20-2015 at 01:40 PM.
Closed Thread