Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-25-2017, 06:15 PM   #1111
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Daily Deals -- exp 25 May
Don't know how true to genre listings you're trying to be, but I'd label this as "women's fiction" rather than "chick lit". Chick lit tends to be 20-something young women in urban settings, dealing with living on relatively low starting salaries, men, etc. (Think Bridget Jones).
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 06:27 PM   #1112
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
Don't know how true to genre listings you're trying to be, but I'd label this as "women's fiction" rather than "chick lit". Chick lit tends to be 20-something young women in urban settings, dealing with living on relatively low starting salaries, men, etc. (Think Bridget Jones).
Really? I've never heard that. I don't read "chick lit", though.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-25-2017, 08:52 PM   #1113
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Really? I've never heard that. I don't read "chick lit", though.
I only read a couple and decided they weren't for me. A lot of young-woman angst about dating and shoes.

Chick Lit definition from Wikipedia:
Spoiler:

Chick lit or chick literature is genre fiction, which "consists of heroine-centered narratives that focus on the trials and tribulations of their individual protagonists". The genre often addresses issues of modern womanhood – from romantic relationships to female friendships to matters in the workplace – in humorous and lighthearted ways. At its onset, chick lit's protagonists tended to be "single, white, heterosexual, British and American women in their late twenties and early thirties, living in metropolitan areas". The genre became popular in the late 1990s, with chick lit titles topping bestseller lists and the creation of imprints devoted entirely to chick lit. Chick lit critics generally agree that British author Helen Fielding's Bridget Jones's Diary (1996) is the "ur-text" of chick lit.

Women's fiction descriptions from Wikipedia:
Spoiler:

The Romance Writers of America organization defines women's fiction as, "a commercial novel about a woman on the brink of life change and personal growth. Her journey details emotional reflection and action that transforms her and her relationships with others, and includes a hopeful/upbeat ending with regard to her romantic relationship."

At the Women's Fiction Writers Association women’s fiction is described as a story where the plot is driven by the main character’s emotional journey. Women’s Fiction includes layered stories about one or several characters, often multi-generational that tackles an adult character’s struggle with world issues resulting in emotional growth. It may include elements of mystery, fantasy, romance or other subgenres, but is not driven by these elements. The writing is high quality and accessible. Upmarket fiction often falls in this category, and is appropriate for book clubs.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 09:31 PM   #1114
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
I've suddenly been seeing a new term: grip lit. I hate the term (grip as in gripping), but it seems to be the genre a great deal of my reading falls into: what I think of as psychological suspense or domestic thrillers--books by women like Gillian Flynn, Paula Hawkins, Erin Kelly, Clare Mackintosh, Alex Marwood. Who invents this terminology, anyway?
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 10:11 PM   #1115
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
It's Audible's classification. I went with it.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-26-2017, 04:01 AM   #1116
GreenEyedLady
A Lover of Books
GreenEyedLady turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.GreenEyedLady turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.GreenEyedLady turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.GreenEyedLady turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.GreenEyedLady turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.GreenEyedLady turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.GreenEyedLady turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.GreenEyedLady turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.GreenEyedLady turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.GreenEyedLady turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.GreenEyedLady turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Nook Classic, Ipad 2
Just found this audiobook for no charge at audible. Unsure if it has been previously listed as i haven't been on in awhile.

Les Liaisons Dangereuses: Read by the Cast of the Stage Play

By Choderlos de Laclos
Narrated By Dominic West, Janet McTeer, Una Stubbs, Elaine Cassidy, Adjoa Andoh, Edward Holcroft, Morfydd Clark
Length: 2 hrs and 10 mins
Release Date: 01-27-16
GreenEyedLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 04:15 AM   #1117
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenEyedLady View Post
Just found this audiobook for no charge at audible. Unsure if it has been previously listed as i haven't been on in awhile.

Les Liaisons Dangereuses: Read by the Cast of the Stage Play

By Choderlos de Laclos
Narrated By Dominic West, Janet McTeer, Una Stubbs, Elaine Cassidy, Adjoa Andoh, Edward Holcroft, Morfydd Clark
Length: 2 hrs and 10 mins
Release Date: 01-27-16
Thanks for posting it, but it's currently listed. You can find a current listing of all free Audible titles (that we're aware of) by going to the first post in this thread. Titles are grouped by recording length.

Audible --> Free Audible Titles --> active list
Old 05-26-2017, 04:33 AM   #1118
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Audible UK -- Daily Deal -- exp 26 May
Old 05-26-2017, 10:50 AM   #1119
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Audible UK -- Daily Deal -- exp 26 May
I have listened to the U.S. version of this one. I do not recommend it, even at the reduced price. It took way too long to get where it was going, and when it got there, it wasn't worth the trip.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 03:08 PM   #1120
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Daily Deals -- exp 26 May

* The Secrets of Story: Innovative Tools for Perfecting Your Fiction and Captivating Readers
Old 05-26-2017, 10:59 PM   #1121
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Audible UK -- Daily Deal -- exp 27 May
  • £1.99 -- The Sandpit -- Stephen Leather --> action thriller
Old 05-27-2017, 11:05 AM   #1122
PandathePanda
a toy panda
PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Android dvices
Lusam: The Dragon Mage Wars, Book 3 will be free on the 29th at AudFans

Current free:
Ella Dethroned: Song of the Worlds, Book 0
Assassin’s Blade: The White Mage, Prequel
PandathePanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 12:05 PM   #1123
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Daily Deals -- exp 27 May
  • Audible ---> $2.95 -- NPCs -- Drew Hayes --> humor
  • BN Nook --> $4.99 -- New York to Dallas -- JD Robb --> mystery
Old 05-27-2017, 02:13 PM   #1124
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Can't Buy Me Love: The Beatles, Britain, and America.

674-page, with corresponding long audio (just short of 30 hours!).

Whispersync deal $6.98. Compare to $26.95 audio alone at Audible.

Amazon 4.0 (80); GoodReads uncharacteristically charitable with about 4.15 (1,330) (there are two editions shown at GoodReads).

https://www.amazon.com/Cant-Buy-Me-L.../dp/B000WCWVLM.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 05-28-2017 at 01:56 PM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 05:55 PM   #1125
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by PandathePanda View Post
I see the currently free "bonus content" novellas can only be streamed through SoundCloud & not downloaded. Is this also true of their "giveaway" book?
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote