Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-07-2020, 11:33 AM   #1111
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I used to have this, but never read it. Love these old Zebra covers. (You had me at the first eyeball.)

I think I'll buy this and give it a shot. I'll probably put the Zebra cover on my purchase.

Number 6 in the Resurrected Horror Series.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 02:30 PM   #1112
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Number 6 in the Resurrected Horror Series.
I saw the blue tag in the corner, but didn't know what it signified. Here's a like to the publisher's page for Resurrected Horror.

I'm pretty sure I picked up Undertaker's Moon from B&N back in my Nook days.

These sorts of reprints of forgotten schlock are my favorite thing to buy as ebooks.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2020, 03:24 PM   #1113
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for the link on these. I didn't realize there were that many.

By the way, the prices on Amazon seem to be about $1.00 LESS than from the publisher (with the exception of that Stephen R. George title).
Old 05-07-2020, 04:14 PM   #1114
BetterRead
Addict
BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android Tablet
The 1987 cult classic Live Girls by Ray Garton is currently $0.99 at Amazon US.

Quote:
The garish neon lights of New York City’s Times Square can be very seductive. And so can the promises of dark pleasures on the seedier side streets. To Davey Owen, the lure of a glowing sign advertising “Live Girls” was too hard to resist. He was looking for a little entertainment. He found instead a nightmare in the form of a beautiful but strangely pale woman. A woman who offers him passion, ecstasy — and eternal life — but takes in exchange his lifeblood and his very soul.
And, since we're sharing old PB covers, I have this one sitting on a shelf. (Though I have yet to read it.)

BetterRead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 04:45 PM   #1115
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRead View Post
Hey, thanks for that. I thought I had Live Girls in ebook, but I don't. Though I do have many Ray Garton ebooks and paperbooks, including the Leisure reprint of Live Girls with this cover.

Quote:
And, since we're sharing old PB covers, I have this one sitting on a shelf. (Though I have yet to read it.)
Your cover is definitely better, It kinda looks like each new cover for Live Girls is less good than the one that preceded it.
Advert
Old 05-07-2020, 06:44 PM   #1116
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRead View Post

That one I STILL have, in perfect condition. (In the cover from this quote.)
Old 05-08-2020, 09:16 AM   #1117
ReadingManiac
Genre Jumper
ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Nightscape by Stephen R. George is $0.99 at Amazon US.

I bought the book, but haven't read it yet. I mainly know Stephen R. George because his books were published by Zebra Horror in the '80's. I posted the original glorious cover below the synopsis.

80p in UK. I'm tempted to just grab it but I've ordered a sample and will make a point of reading it today to decide whether it's for me. The blurb sounds really interesting!
ReadingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 10:16 PM   #1118
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
The Shining by Stephen King $2.99
Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/Shining-Ste...9162951&sr=8-1
Kobo: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/the-shining-1

How come Horror isn't stickied?
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 06:46 AM   #1119
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

^ At one time, we did have it stickied.
Old 05-11-2020, 10:14 AM   #1120
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
Alas! $8.99 again.
Old 05-12-2020, 12:21 PM   #1121
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

The Harvest by Sara Clancy is FREE at Amazon US.

I know very little about this one, but it sounds good and someone had asked about freebies.

Quote:
In Black River, Tennessee, everyone knows the legend of the Bell Witch… and the alleged curse that hangs like a dark shroud over the town. To some, it is just a local tall tale. But to others, it is terrifyingly real.

For centuries, four families have been forced into the ritualistic tradition of sacrifice and terror. Every year, a member of each family stumbles upon an antique music box they need to lock before the time is up. And a horrible fate awaits them once the boxes open.

Trapped in the witch’s sadistic game, the families’ young offspring are forced to journey into the dark and twisted woods of Black River in search for the keys to their salvation. But as they search for a way to end the curse, a haunting melody echoes through the trees. And each lost soul must wonder…

Will they survive the night? Or will the Bell Witch’s bloody harvest claim more victims?
Old 05-12-2020, 01:34 PM   #1122
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

^ This appears to be from that self-publishing writers' cartel consisting of only five writers. I was on their mailing list, at one time, but the self-promotions kept coming...and coming...and coming. Sort of like herpes....

They showcase their titles by bundling and recycling titles.

They may be good writers, but I'm not the one to ask.

There's about 250 or so titles to choose from among these five writers.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 05-12-2020 at 01:43 PM.
Old 05-12-2020, 02:16 PM   #1123
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
^ This appears to be from that self-publishing writers' cartel consisting of only five writers. I was on their mailing list, at one time, but the self-promotions kept coming...and coming...and coming. Sort of like herpes....

They showcase their titles by bundling and recycling titles.

They may be good writers, but I'm not the one to ask.

There's about 250 or so titles to choose from among these five writers.
So now I find the book suspect. But the story of the author's group is interesting! Do you have any further info on them? I went back to look. I'm guessing that's what Scare Street is?

Linking together to support each other is a good idea. But five writers churning out 250 books?

Last edited by ZodWallop; 05-12-2020 at 02:27 PM.
Old 05-12-2020, 05:24 PM   #1124
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

When I last checked, the site's link was https://scarestreet.com/about-us/

Some of their titles appear to be anthologies and collections, with stories from all five authors. To be clear, these books are not all novels. They have a 'Meet The Team', which does not include the authors. I guess that's their Advisory Board or something.

Check out their site and then go to 'Our Books'. If I'm wrong about their site, then please correct me.
Old 05-12-2020, 06:12 PM   #1125
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
They seem to get decent reviews, and they also all seem to be in Kindle Unlimited so I'll probably check out some of their books eventually. Might be a while. The backlog is real and measured in years at this point.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote