Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2015, 06:42 PM   #1111
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
For about the next 8 hours and 20 minutes (sorry for the short notice, I just got word of it myself), get a free copy of the American Management Association's title, Resolving Conflicts on the Job.

It is a pdf ebook of 110 pages. The price at Amazon for the Kindle mobi is $9.99.

To get the book, try this link. You probably will have to set up an account of some kind. Then they will send you a link to the ebook in your email.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 12-10-2015 at 06:48 PM.
Old 12-11-2015, 12:21 PM   #1112
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Free today

The Bluffer's Guide to Bond
(The Bluffer's Guides) by Mark Mason

The Bluffer's Guide to Tennis
(Bluffer's Guides) by Dave Whitehead

The Bluffer's Guide to Insider Hollywood (The Bluffer's Guides) by Sally Whitehill

And perhaps nearly the same thing

The Bluffer's Guide to the Quantum Universe (The Bluffer's Guides) by Jack Klaff

http://www.amazon.com/s/?url=search-...-title=bluffer

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?url=searc...-title=bluffer
http://www.amazon.ca/s/?url=search-a...-title=bluffer
Advert
Old 12-11-2015, 04:22 PM   #1113
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little.Egret View Post
Free today

The Bluffer's Guide to Bond
(The Bluffer's Guides) by Mark Mason

The Bluffer's Guide to Tennis
(Bluffer's Guides) by Dave Whitehead

The Bluffer's Guide to Insider Hollywood (The Bluffer's Guides) by Sally Whitehill

And perhaps nearly the same thing

The Bluffer's Guide to the Quantum Universe (The Bluffer's Guides) by Jack Klaff

http://www.amazon.com/s/?url=search-...-title=bluffer

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?url=searc...-title=bluffer
http://www.amazon.ca/s/?url=search-a...-title=bluffer
Awesome. I grabbed all of them. Thanks!
Old 12-12-2015, 05:33 PM   #1114
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Free Pdf of An American Constitutional History Course for Non-American Students.

An American Constitutional History Course for Non-American Students is free at http://e-archivo.uc3m.es/bitstream/h...pdf?sequence=1. The author is Luis Grau. The ebook is a pdf. It's 340 pages long and, as you may suspect from its size, the material in it is "meaty."

I've had a tab in my web browser open at that website for about a week and, frankly, I've forgotten where the link was from that I followed to get to that website. Anyway, it is published by The Figuerola Institute of History and Social Sciences, in Madrid, Spain.

The book is in English. Amazon apparently does not sell the book in English, but it does sell the Spanish edition (http://www.amazon.com/American-Const...dp/849031277X/). A used paperback copy of it there starts at $66.85. I say that to let you know how valuable this ebook is; that is, of course, if you happen to need or want it.

The book, as the title indicates, is written with the non-American in mind. However, I'm am about as American as they come and "thumbing" through the book it looked like most of the information is something that Americans definitely could profit from. I downloaded a copy for myself.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 12-12-2015 at 05:36 PM.
Old 12-12-2015, 09:45 PM   #1115
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

The Petrie Museum of Egyptian Archaeology: Characters and Collections. FREE Pdf!

Now I'll be able to close another tab in my web browser. ha

The Petrie Museum of Egyptian Archaeology is another leading museum with Egyptian antiquities. Wikipedia states that, " The museum contains over 80,000 objects and ranks among some of the world's leading collections of Egyptian and Sudanese material. It ranks behind only the collections of the Cairo Museum, The British Museum and the Ägyptisches Museum, Berlin in number and quality of items."

This London England institution has published, and now beneficently makes available free to the computing public, a 63-page guide to the museum. It's called The Petrie Museum of Egyptian Archaeology: Characters and Collections, edited by Alice Stevenson.

The book is divided into separate articles/chapters, each written by an expert in the topic covered in each article. More than being just a guide to the museum, the collection of articles almost serve as a compendium on ancient Egyptian history and culture, because the collection at Petrie represents a very broad range of Egyptian history and a great diversity of topics.

I can't speak to the quality of the writing, yet, but I have my suspicions that it is very good. As far as the aesthetics of the book are concerned, it is gorgeous. The majority of the photos and illustrations, of which there are an abundance, are in color, the exception being those made before the availability of color film (primarily of such things as archaeologists, their digging places, and their finds). The members of GoodReads give the book a 5-star rating (but from only 3 member ratings at the present time). It is sold at Amazon (paperback--used copy starting at $18.90), but there are no ratings on the book there yet.

Here's the direct link to this ebook.
Advert
Old 12-12-2015, 11:25 PM   #1116
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Paging HarryT.
Old 12-12-2015, 11:53 PM   #1117
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Paging HarryT.
HarryT (Mobileread's resident Egyptologist) is way past the level of this book.
Old 12-14-2015, 01:18 AM   #1118
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Need to Motivate Yourself? This Highly-Rated FREEBIE Gives 100 Ways to Do It.

TradePub.com is currently offering "for a limited time" a free pdf of 100 Ways to Motivate Yourself: Change Your Life Forever. It is written by Steve Chandler, a popular, bestselling author of business-type books. This book is the third edition (2012), the most recent one of this title.

It is about 220 pages long.

It is published by a publisher called Career Press. Career Press is a pretty big company which publishes "career, business, and reference guides".

Here's a book description:
Create an action plan for living your vision, in business and in life.

Featuring 100 proven methods to positively change the way you think and act – methods based on feedback from the hundreds of thousands of corporate and public seminar attendees Chandler speaks to each year. The book now also includes techniques and breakthroughs he has created for individual coaching clients. Steve Chandler is one of America's best-selling authors.

Ebook retailers sell this book every day. It has a digital list price of $15.99. Amazon sells the Kindle mobi edition for $10.49.

How good is the book? Well, TradePub says that it is "The 2015 Most Popular eBook" (I assume that that means of those which it offers). Amazon raters give it an average of 4.8 stars, from 44 reviews, at the present moment.

Go here to request the ebook. You'll need to have or to set up an account with Trade Pub and probably will need to be a business person of some kind (I think that it's easy to qualify).

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 12-14-2015 at 01:21 AM.
Old 12-14-2015, 04:08 AM   #1119
Fluribus
Guru
Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
TradePub.com is currently offering "for a limited time" a free pdf of 100 Ways to Motivate Yourself: Change Your Life Forever. It is written by Steve Chandler, a popular, bestselling author of business-type books. This book is the third edition (2012), the most recent one of this title.

It is about 220 pages long.

It is published by a publisher called Career Press. Career Press is a pretty big company which publishes "career, business, and reference guides".

Here's a book description:
Create an action plan for living your vision, in business and in life.

Featuring 100 proven methods to positively change the way you think and act – methods based on feedback from the hundreds of thousands of corporate and public seminar attendees Chandler speaks to each year. The book now also includes techniques and breakthroughs he has created for individual coaching clients. Steve Chandler is one of America's best-selling authors.

Ebook retailers sell this book every day. It has a digital list price of $15.99. Amazon sells the Kindle mobi edition for $10.49.

How good is the book? Well, TradePub says that it is "The 2015 Most Popular eBook" (I assume that that means of those which it offers). Amazon raters give it an average of 4.8 stars, from 44 reviews, at the present moment.

Go here to request the ebook. You'll need to have or to set up an account with Trade Pub and probably will need to be a business person of some kind (I think that it's easy to qualify).
They require you to fill out a form with nearly 20 different fields. Name. Address. Company name. Etc.

I do consider myself a business person. I took over the business of pitying the poor fool after Mr. T retired. They claim that the information must be verifiable, but I didn't feel like expending the effort to test it.
Old 12-14-2015, 04:12 AM   #1120
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluribus View Post
They require you to fill out a form with nearly 20 different fields. Name. Address. Company name. Etc.

I do consider myself a business person. I took over the business of pitying the poor fool after Mr. T retired. They claim that the information must be verifiable, but I didn't feel like expending the effort to test it.
Of course. They're doing this to generate marketing leads, not out of the goodness of their heart.
Old 12-14-2015, 04:28 AM   #1121
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluribus View Post

In case you have a LinkedIn account . . . . I think that I've heard that you can use a LinkedIn account to log in.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 12-14-2015 at 04:31 AM.
Old 12-14-2015, 04:38 AM   #1122
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Of course. They're doing this to generate marketing leads, not out of the goodness of their heart.
I've had an account with Trade Pub for years and years. The amount of privacy loss seems pretty minimal. The only time that I hear anything from them is when they send me an email every now and then offering me a book (I learned of the one that I just posted from such an email) or a white paper or something like that.

But every year about this time I get all kinds of catalogs, solicitations to give to this cause or that cause, etc. in the mail. Many of them are from organizations that I've never had any dealing with before. I know that organizations that I do deal with must be selling my address to other organizations. I just don't know which of the organizations are guilty of doing it. Trade Pub could be one.
Old 12-14-2015, 04:58 PM   #1123
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Chronicle Books Sale--Christmas, Hanukkah, and Other Titles. For Cheap!

Chronicle Books is one of my favorite publishers. IMHO they consistently produce great books. And, when they have a sale, like the one that I'm about to tell you about, they always or most always have the books marked down considerably.

Right now they have a sale going on that they say contains "ebooks from $.99." Well, look though I may, I never could find any 99-centers. But they do have some great bargains nevertheless.

There are 16, to be exact, starting at $1.99. The regular price on the books in this sale are as high as $23.99. The highest sale price is $3.99, but most of them are $1.99 and $2.99.

You people in the U.K., Canada, Australia, and Europe are in luck. You might be able to get the special prices, too, as this kind of sale by Chronicle often includes you guys.

Rather than list all of the titles for you, I will give you the different categories that the books fall within and the number in each of said categories:
1-Family Fun/Christmas
3-Christmas
2-Hanukkah
6-Cookbook
2-Helpful Humor
1-Cookbook (Gluten-Free)/Christmas
1-Spirituality

Here's the link to find all of the sale books. Happy shopping.

ADDENDUM: The ebooks are not just Kindle mobis. You can get the ebooks from any one of several ebook vendors; the webpage referenced above has links to all of them.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 12-15-2015 at 03:03 AM.
Old 12-15-2015, 03:00 AM   #1124
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

The Joy and Power of Reading--FREE Pdf from Scholastic.

The pdf ebook The Joy and Power of Reading: A Summary of Research and Expert Opinion, by Lois Bridges is currently free.

The book is newly published (2015) by Scholastic, Inc. It is 155 pages.

The book is not difficult reading, but it is detailed. I can see two groups of people who would derive benefit from this book. One would be teachers in public or private schools. The other would be homeschooling parents.

It apparently is not available for sale, it is only given away. Therefore, there are no ratings or reviews to give you.

Download this pdf directly from Scholastic's website: http://www.scholastic.com/worldofpos...mpendium_0.pdf.
Old 12-16-2015, 09:42 PM   #1125
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Amazon $42.00; Pdf FREE--Introduction to Probability, by Grinstead and Snell.

The book, Introduction to Probability, by Charles M. Grinstead and J. Laurie Snell, is 510 pages long. The ebook is made available by the courtesy of Penn State University.

There was a previous edition, the first edition. This is the second (revised) edition, which appears to be the most recent one. It was published in 2012.

There is no digital version available at Amazon. The least expensive physical copy is $42.00, and it's used.

Ratings for this edition of the book are hard to come by, but the ones that there are are outstanding. The first edition receives a 4.8 star rating at Amazon, but from only 6 reviews. There is only one rating at GoodReads, a 5.00.

Maybe this book will be of benefit to someone. It would be great if someone needed this as a textbook in college next semester or quarter. It would save him/her at least $42.00 at today's prices. Or maybe someone is taking or will soon be taking probability and would like another text to use to get a different approach to the principles. I can picture some highly self-disciplined person using it, too, to teach himself/herself probability.

Here's the direct link to the ebook.

Will I be downloading it and saving it? Mathematically-challenged me? Probably not. ha

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 12-17-2015 at 12:04 AM.
Closed Thread