Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-05-2016, 10:35 AM   #1111
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Leviathan Wakes (The Expanse Book 1) by James S.A. Corey - $2.99
Amazon US | Kobo | Google Play | B&N
Quote:
This book is the basis for the first season of The Expanse, now a major television series from Syfy!

Leviathan Wakes is James S. A. Corey's first novel in the epic, New York Times bestselling series the Expanse, a modern masterwork of science fiction where humanity has colonized the solar system.

Two hundred years after migrating into space, mankind is in turmoil. When a reluctant ship's captain and washed-up detective find themselves involved in the case of a missing girl, what they discover brings our solar system to the brink of civil war, and exposes the greatest conspiracy in human history.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 12:42 PM   #1112
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
I don't read much science fiction or fantasy, but this series caught my eye because I do like historical fiction (whether fantasy, mystery, whatever...) set in unusual times/places. Don't get me wrong - I also like the more common ancient Egypt, English Regency, etc. as settings, but it's also fun to find something set in Aztec times. And this also sort of crosses over into the mystery genre as well...

Anyway, Servant of the Underworld is the first in the Obsidian and Blood series by Aliette de Bodard. I've read all (I think) of the titles in this series and quite liked them. Servant has recently dropped to $2.99 at Kindle US.

link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01F9UVIZG

Spoiler:
Quote:
The first book in the critically acclaimed Obsidian and Blood trilogy:

Year One-Knife, Tenochtitlan the capital of the Aztecs. Human sacrifice and the magic of the living blood are the only things keeping the sun in the sky and the earth fertile.

A Priestess disappears from an empty room drenched in blood. It should be a usual investigation for Acatl, High Priest of the Dead--except that his estranged brother is involved, and the the more he digs, the deeper he is drawn into the political and magical intrigues of noblemen, soldiers, and priests-and of the gods themselves...
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2016, 03:39 PM   #1113
Keslynn
Plausible Deniability
Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Mini 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
I don't read much science fiction or fantasy, but this series caught my eye because I do like historical fiction (whether fantasy, mystery, whatever...) set in unusual times/places. Don't get me wrong - I also like the more common ancient Egypt, English Regency, etc. as settings, but it's also fun to find something set in Aztec times. And this also sort of crosses over into the mystery genre as well...

Anyway, Servant of the Underworld is the first in the Obsidian and Blood series by Aliette de Bodard. I've read all (I think) of the titles in this series and quite liked them. Servant has recently dropped to $2.99 at Kindle US.

link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01F9UVIZG
I really enjoyed this book as well. Very atmospheric.

Thanks for reminding me about this series! I have the second book but haven't read it yet.
Keslynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 09:10 PM   #1114
maddz
Wizard
maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Icarus, iPad Mini 2, Kobo Touch, Google Nexus 7
The Autumn Sale is on at Amazon.co.uk; a few that may be of interest:

Kim Newman 'Anno Dracula' (again!) 99p
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anno-Dracul...15181&sr=1-188

William Gibson 'The Peripheral' £1.99
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Peripheral-...15067&sr=1-120

Rachel Caine various books in the Morganville Vampire series £1.09 (too many to list individually)
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rachel%20Ca...rnid=492562011
maddz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 09:40 PM   #1115
GreenMonkey
DRM hater
GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST glow, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekiwi View Post
Cross posted from FREE/BARGAIN - Children's, YA - 2016 as it may be of interest to some here. I at least enjoyed the series when I first read them and have re-read them since.

Sabriel by Garth Nix (Old Kingdom Book 1) is currently $1.99 in the US and is also discounted in some other countries.

https://store.kobobooks.com/en-us/ebook/sabriel-1
https://www.amazon.com/Sabriel-Old-K.../dp/B000FC13MM

Since childhood, Sabriel has lived outside the walls of the Old Kingdom, away from the power of Free Magic, and away from the Dead who refuse to stay dead. But now her father, the Abhorson, is missing, and Sabriel must cross into that world to find him. With Mogget, whose feline form hides a powerful, perhaps malevolent spirit, and Touchstone, a young Charter Mage, Sabriel travels deep into the Old Kingdom. There she confronts an evil that threatens much more than her life and comes face-to-face with her own hidden destiny. . . .
I enjoyed these books. They are a tad on the YA side, but that is mainly because the nookie is PG-13.

I liked the technology on one side of the wall, magic and undead on the other side concept.
GreenMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2016, 10:12 AM   #1116
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddz View Post
The Autumn Sale is on at Amazon.co.uk; a few that may be of interest:
Also lots of Jack Campbell Lost Fleet books at 99p

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=sr_st...price-asc-rank
Little.Egret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 12:27 PM   #1117
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little.Egret View Post

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=sr_st...price-asc-rank
Drat! No discount in the USA! I was just thinking about that series the other day, but was too lazy to actually look for it!
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 03:01 PM   #1118
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
This month's Star Trek book deals (for promo page with store links click here). $1.99 each until November 1st.

Star Trek: The Next Generation: Slings and Arrows Series
  • A Sea of Troubles by J. Steven York & Christina F. York
  • The Oppressor's Wrong by Phaedra M. Weldon
  • The Insolence of Office by William Leisner
  • That Sleep of Death by Terri Osborne
  • A Weary Life by Robert Greenberger
  • Enterprises of Great Pitch and Moments by Keith R.A. DeCandido

Star Trek: The Deep Space Nine: Terok Nor Series
  • Dawn of the Eagles by S.D. Perry
  • Night of the Wolves by S.D. Perry
  • Day of the Vipers by James Swallow

The Fall Of Terok Nor: Millennium book 1 by Judith Reeves-Stevens

Star Trek: The Original Series: The Janus Gate Series
  • The Present Tense by L.A. Graf
  • Future Imperfect by L.A. Graf
  • The Past Prologue by L.A. Graf
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 10:28 PM   #1119
PurpleStar
Wizard
PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Clara 2E
It's about time those Slings and Arrows books got dropped in price. Been waiting for years!
PurpleStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 01:18 AM   #1120
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleStar View Post
It's about time those Slings and Arrows books got dropped in price. Been waiting for years!
I'm on the fence about those, myself. Can you give me some info to help me decide?
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 02:17 AM   #1121
maddz
Wizard
maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Icarus, iPad Mini 2, Kobo Touch, Google Nexus 7
Old Venus, a collection edited by George RR Martin is £1.09 in today's daily deal:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Old-Venus-G...5820861&sr=1-3
maddz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 03:14 AM   #1122
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenBarrington View Post
Drat! No discount in the USA! I was just thinking about that series the other day, but was too lazy to actually look for it!
They go on sale frequently (in the U.K., at least). I think I've only paid more than 99p for one book in the series, and I could have bought that cheaply, too, if I'd waited a few weeks.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 11:53 AM   #1123
elaysee
Groupie
elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook, Kobo, Kindle, iPad
David Marusek's Getting to Know You is $1.99 at Amazon US and Kobo right now. This collects some of his short fiction, half of it set in the world of his Counting Heads series.

I first encountered Marusek's work in the journal Nature's Futures flash fiction column, where he had a pair of humorous near-future stories touching on behavior modification. Those stories are included in a different collection, My Morning Glory - just be aware that you'd be getting a few thousand words for your 99¢ (and his story Timed Release is worth it by itself, in my opinion).
elaysee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 03:21 PM   #1124
orangekiwi
Addict
orangekiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orangekiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orangekiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orangekiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orangekiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orangekiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orangekiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orangekiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orangekiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orangekiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orangekiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: paperwhite
Rose Daughter by Robin McKinley is $1.99 in the US today published via Open Road

https://store.kobobooks.com/en-us/ebook/rose-daughter
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OGWASU0

Award-winning author Robin McKinley tells an enthralling story of magic, love, and redemption, based on the classic tale of Beauty and the Beast.

Once upon a time, a wealthy merchant had three daughters. When his business failed, he moved his daughters to the countryside. The youngest daughter, Beauty, is fascinated by the thorny stems of a mysterious plant that overwhelms their neglected cottage. She tends the plant until it blossoms with the most beautiful flowers the sisters have ever seen—roses.

Admiring the roses, an old woman tells Beauty, “Roses are for love.” And she speaks of a sorcerers’ battle many years ago that left a beast in an enchanted palace, and a curse concerning a family of three sisters . . .

The Newbery Medal–winning author’s charming retelling of the classic fairy tale weaves a tangled story of sorcery, loyalty, and love that is sure to cast a spell on readers.
orangekiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 07:16 PM   #1125
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little.Egret View Post

Here's just the 37 SF books in the UK Autumn sale

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=sr_nr...o=digital-text
Little.Egret is offline   Reply With Quote