Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-15-2017, 06:28 PM   #1036
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
New two-for-one sale at Audible.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 06:42 PM   #1037
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I think that everyone knows this, but newbies may not. That's "two for one" credit, not buy one, get one free.

This sale appears on my Amazon homepage, even though I'm a ListenerLighter and have no credits. I suppose that webpage is intended for ListenerLighters who downgraded to LL from a credit plan, and still have one or more credits that they had not used from their credit plan?
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-16-2017, 06:19 AM   #1038
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Audible UK -- Daily Deal -- exp 16 May
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 06:27 AM   #1039
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Daily Deals -- exp 16 May
Old 05-16-2017, 06:35 AM   #1040
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
I think that everyone knows this, but newbies may not. That's "two for one" credit, not buy one, get one free.

This sale appears on my Amazon homepage, even though I'm a ListenerLighter and have no credits. I suppose that webpage is intended for ListenerLighters who downgraded to LL from a credit plan, and still have one or more credits that they had not used from their credit plan?
Would someone please post the expiration date and the approximate number of books available for this offer? I can't see it since I don't have a paid membership. Thanks.
Advert
Old 05-16-2017, 06:44 AM   #1041
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweeks View Post
Librivox has a permanently free copy if this goes off free. It showed $7.50 for me.

https://librivox.org/my-fathers-drag...tiles-gannett/

Greg
Thanks for the info

For those new to LibriVox, the books are in the public domain and free. The narrations are done by volunteers and the quality ranges from very good to horrible.
Old 05-16-2017, 07:18 AM   #1042
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Would someone please post the expiration date and the approximate number of books available for this offer? I can't see it since I don't have a paid membership. Thanks.
Roughly 350 books and it expires May 23 at 3 AM EDT.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 07:33 AM   #1043
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Quote:
Roughly 350 books and it expires May 23 at 3 AM EDT.
Thanks - added to OP
Old 05-16-2017, 08:24 AM   #1044
bathos
Zealot
bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone XS, iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, kindle Oasis
New freebie just posted at audible UK.

Cassandra Clare's Lady Midnight.

The Shadowhunters of Los Angeles star in the first novel in Cassandra Clare's newest series, The Dark Artifices, a sequel to the internationally best-selling Mortal Instruments series. Lady Midnight is a Shadowhunters novel.
It's been five years since the events of City of Heavenly Fire that brought the Shadowhunters to the brink of oblivion. Emma Carstairs is no longer a child in mourning but a young woman bent on discovering what killed her parents and avenging her losses.
Together with her parabatai, Julian Blackthorn, Emma must learn to trust her head and her heart as she investigates a demonic plot that stretches across Los Angeles, from the Sunset Strip to the enchanted sea that pounds the beaches of Santa Monica. If only her heart didn't lead her in treacherous directions....
Making things even more complicated, Julian's brother Mark - who was captured by the faeries five years ago - has been returned as a bargaining chip. The faeries are desperate to find out who is murdering their kind - and they need the Shadowhunters' help to do it. But time works differently in faerie, so Mark has barely aged and doesn't recognize his family. Can he ever truly return to them? Will the faeries really allow it?
Glitz, glamours, and Shadowhunters abound in this heartrending opening to Cassandra Clare's Dark Artifices series.

http://www.audible.co.uk/mt/cassandr..._rd_s=center-2
bathos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 09:39 AM   #1045
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Someone explain to me why the heck Audible/Amazon won't allow nonmembers to see what's available in these sales. What's the advantage to hiding the titles?

If I saw a bunch of books that appealed to me, or were already on my Audible wish list, I might well rejoin to take advantage of the offer. I'm not going to rejoin just to SEE the offer though. Why is Audible run like some secret society?
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 01:09 PM   #1046
Kacetwo
Connoisseur
Kacetwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kacetwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kacetwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kacetwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kacetwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kacetwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kacetwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kacetwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kacetwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kacetwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kacetwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathos View Post
New freebie just posted at audible UK.
Nice find, thank you.
Kacetwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 01:37 PM   #1047
Keslynn
Plausible Deniability
Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Mini 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Someone explain to me why the heck Audible/Amazon won't allow nonmembers to see what's available in these sales. What's the advantage to hiding the titles?

If I saw a bunch of books that appealed to me, or were already on my Audible wish list, I might well rejoin to take advantage of the offer. I'm not going to rejoin just to SEE the offer though. Why is Audible run like some secret society?

I feel the exact same way. Makes no sense to me.

Oh well. Saves me some money.
Keslynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 04:02 PM   #1048
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I don't have any answers to your above questions. But I've got another mystery.

I mentioned that, even though I'm a ListenerLighter, I got the ad (a banner ad, to be exact) on my Amazon homepage for the sale. I figured that it was for ListenerLighters who had credits left over from credit memberships (I don't know if that is even possible).

The banner ad says:

Double up
THAT'S MORE LIKE IT!
It's Our biggest 2-for-1 sale ever with more books, more genres, & more transporting moments than ever.
Need a credit? Get it at checkout!

When I clicked on it, I got an error page. In the past in sales for credit members only, it seems that there was no mention of the sale at all to us LLrs. However, the banner ad is one of those in which the ads change every few seconds, in what I guess that you would call a rotation. So that might be the difference.

And, I'm one of those who both would like to see what the selection is and, at the same time, don't want to see it, since I can't (or won't, actually) do anything about it. ha

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 05-16-2017 at 05:13 PM.
Old 05-16-2017, 05:00 PM   #1049
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
I don't have any answers to your above questions. But I've got another mystery.

I mentioned that, even though I'm a ListenerLighter, I get the ad (a banner ad, to be exact) on my Amazon homepage for the sale. I figured that it was for ListenerLighters who had credits left over from credit memberships (I don't know if that is even possible).
Me! I'm on the ListenerLight plan with 3 credits... am waiting for certain books to drop!

I get the same ad and the same error message.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 05:16 PM   #1050
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
Me! I'm on the ListenerLight plan with 3 credits... am waiting for certain books to drop!

I get the same ad and the same error message.
Maybe it's limited to peeps who are actually on a credit plan, not necessarily to those (like you) who have credits stored in their accounts.