Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-28-2010, 08:19 PM   #91
*reg*
Human
*reg* is no ebook tyro.*reg* is no ebook tyro.*reg* is no ebook tyro.*reg* is no ebook tyro.*reg* is no ebook tyro.*reg* is no ebook tyro.*reg* is no ebook tyro.*reg* is no ebook tyro.*reg* is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo, iPhone
I was having problems with bounced back emails yesterday. After numerous attempts, I figured out that if the size of the attached file was under 100KB it wouldn't bounce back, anything over that would.
*reg* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 09:38 PM   #92
thaigreg
Connoisseur
thaigreg can eat soup with a fork.thaigreg can eat soup with a fork.thaigreg can eat soup with a fork.thaigreg can eat soup with a fork.thaigreg can eat soup with a fork.thaigreg can eat soup with a fork.thaigreg can eat soup with a fork.thaigreg can eat soup with a fork.thaigreg can eat soup with a fork.thaigreg can eat soup with a fork.thaigreg can eat soup with a fork.

Device: BeBook/JBL/Kindle 3
Thanks Kiwipippa for your info on reducing size of attachment. I finally got my email to take.

Greg
thaigreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2010, 11:04 AM   #93
rosspag
Enthusiast
rosspag knows the difference between a duck.rosspag knows the difference between a duck.rosspag knows the difference between a duck.rosspag knows the difference between a duck.rosspag knows the difference between a duck.rosspag knows the difference between a duck.rosspag knows the difference between a duck.rosspag knows the difference between a duck.rosspag knows the difference between a duck.rosspag knows the difference between a duck.rosspag knows the difference between a duck.

Device: Cybook gen3, Sony PRS-T1, Ipod Touch, Galaxy Tab 7.7
to the people who were successfull in obtaining the card, is this the right address for sending the application form?

erefcpsd@freelibrary.org

i tried i don't know how many times but it continues to bounce back. i've reduced the attachment's size, i've tried sending a pdf, a gif, from different accounts, but nothing, it tells me:

The following recipients of your message have been processed by the mail server:

erefcpsd@freelibrary.org; Failed; 5.1.1 (bad destination mailbox address)

Remote MTA mail.freelibrary.org: SMTP diagnostic: 550 Blocked

thanks for the help!
rosspag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 12:19 PM   #94
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Yes, the address is right.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 07:04 PM   #95
rosspag
Enthusiast
rosspag knows the difference between a duck.rosspag knows the difference between a duck.rosspag knows the difference between a duck.rosspag knows the difference between a duck.rosspag knows the difference between a duck.rosspag knows the difference between a duck.rosspag knows the difference between a duck.rosspag knows the difference between a duck.rosspag knows the difference between a duck.rosspag knows the difference between a duck.rosspag knows the difference between a duck.

I've done it! i sent the email!!!
their system was taking my email address (.it) as spam (or so i think), so now i'm the proud owner of a .com email address and i hope of a library card as soon as possible.
teniamo le dita incrociate!!!

ross
Advert
Old 09-02-2010, 05:10 PM   #96
rosspag
Enthusiast

I've just receveid my card number
i'm doing the happy dance!
BUT in my account page there's no way to pay via credit card and it says that i've no bills to pay.
It's only a matter of time before tha due fee appears, so that i can pay, or should i contact them to let them know?
BTW, i've just downloaded a couple of books with no problems...so thanks to everybody who posted about this opportunity for us non US citizens!!!
ross
Old 09-03-2010, 02:35 AM   #97
Almas
Addict
Almas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle Touch; Sony PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosspag View Post
BUT in my account page there's no way to pay via credit card and it says that i've no bills to pay.
It's only a matter of time before tha due fee appears, so that i can pay, or should i contact them to let them know?
BTW, i've just downloaded a couple of books with no problems...so thanks to everybody who posted about this opportunity for us non US citizens!!!
ross
Awesome! Glad to be of help
Almas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 10:01 AM   #98
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosspag View Post
ross

Try downloading a book & see if you got your membership for free!
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 03:08 AM   #99
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, kobo touch (dead), kindle touch, android phone
I'm sorted too now. I can log in and download books - only problem now is that my "to be read" pile is getting bigger and bigger! Thanks for all the help in this thread. It's great to be able to save some money and borrow rather than buy.
kiwipippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 06:06 PM   #100
*reg*
Human
*reg* is no ebook tyro.*reg* is no ebook tyro.*reg* is no ebook tyro.*reg* is no ebook tyro.*reg* is no ebook tyro.*reg* is no ebook tyro.*reg* is no ebook tyro.*reg* is no ebook tyro.*reg* is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo, iPhone
Well after seeing Ross's post that he received his membership details, I though I better 'ask a librarian' if my application had actually been received, as I emailed a couple of days before Ross and had thought I had finally got an email to go through (didn't bounce back).

But alas, I got a reply saying that they actually hadn't received it, and the librarian gave me her direct email address to email my application to, so hopefully I should be all sorted during the next week. She also mentioned that she will be checking with the IT guys as to why emails are bouncing.

I'm trying to figure out why it didn't get it though, as it didn't bounce back. Maybe their system thought my address was spam or something and it automatically went to a junk folder?
*reg* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 05:47 AM   #101
Almas
Addict
Almas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwipippa View Post
I'm sorted too now. I can log in and download books - only problem now is that my "to be read" pile is getting bigger and bigger! Thanks for all the help in this thread. It's great to be able to save some money and borrow rather than buy.
Awesome

I spend too much time going through their catalogue and adding books to my wishlist
Old 09-08-2010, 06:10 AM   #102
viviena
Evangelist
viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Currently Kobo Clara HD and Aura One, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by *reg* View Post
Well after seeing Ross's post that he received his membership details, I though I better 'ask a librarian' if my application had actually been received, as I emailed a couple of days before Ross and had thought I had finally got an email to go through (didn't bounce back). (snip)
I had a similar problem. My application email went unanswered, I followed it up via the Ask a Librarian link (thanks for the suggestion, Almas!), and I had a reply two days later saying they had never received it. Didn't ever receive any bounce messages.

But anyway, I've resent my application and am now looking forward to a membership. My local library's collection is disappointingly poor at 46 ePubs (yet 300 PDFs!).
viviena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 01:48 AM   #103
Almas
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by viviena View Post
I had a similar problem. My application email went unanswered, I followed it up via the Ask a Librarian link (thanks for the suggestion, Almas!)
Most welcome!
Old 09-09-2010, 04:05 PM   #104
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, kobo touch (dead), kindle touch, android phone
Now that I'm sorted, I'm getting fussy. Has anyone else noticed that Philadelphia's Overdrive is often very slow, and sometimes freezes? I am starting to assume that it is overloaded....or perhaps it is just me?
kiwipippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 06:11 AM   #105
roger the rabbit
Addict
roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Sony PRS-T3, 650 Black, 505, Kobo Glo HD Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwipippa View Post
Now that I'm sorted, I'm getting fussy. Has anyone else noticed that Philadelphia's Overdrive is often very slow, and sometimes freezes? I am starting to assume that it is overloaded....or perhaps it is just me?
No problems here. If you are using Peerblock - watch it is not blocking ADE.
roger the rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
australia, free library, new zealand, non-us, philadelphia