Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 01-01-2010, 04:03 PM   #91
ColdSun
Developer/Device Reviews
ColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Sony Xperia Tablet Z, Kindle Paperwhite 2, Lenovo Yoga 8, IPad 3
Even if the specs are better on the JE-200 (lets say double the RAM it has now), the price will kill it. You can buy a lot more with that amount of money. Did they also remove the buttons from the right edge?

There are so many MIDs coming out at a far less price next year with good form factors that JoinTech should be more competitive with their pricing. I'm also interested in the formats it supports, although it says it supports more, I think they are referring to WinCE applications that support more and not the actual reading application built into the device. I would ask for a review unit but since Ellen already ordered one I'm going to hold off as I don't see this as a major release yet.
ColdSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 07:47 PM   #92
Gorg
Gorg began at the beginning.

Device: JE100
I just got my JE100 a few days ago and trying to get it set up to read fb2 (XML based) books. Build-in reader is not going to cut it for me. Thus I've installed AlReader. It works just fine and I agree about pages turning slowly, but I can tap just before last sentence on the page and by the time I'm done the page turns over

Here is a question that I cannot find an answer to:
How to get JE100 to go into sleep mode after XX min while in "Computer" mode running WinCE?

If I run JE app and sleep time is set it turns off after say 5 min. While in WinCE and have all the power options set to 2 minutes all it does is dimming the screen after 2 min. I want to be able to fall asleep reading and have JE100 to fall asleep as well.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Gorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2010, 09:21 AM   #93
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdSun View Post
Even if the specs are better on the JE-200 (lets say double the RAM it has now), the price will kill it. You can buy a lot more with that amount of money. Did they also remove the buttons from the right edge?

There are so many MIDs coming out at a far less price next year with good form factors that JoinTech should be more competitive with their pricing. I'm also interested in the formats it supports, although it says it supports more, I think they are referring to WinCE applications that support more and not the actual reading application built into the device. I would ask for a review unit but since Ellen already ordered one I'm going to hold off as I don't see this as a major release yet.
I agree with this. It has to be much better for that price. Though, so far, the body of the JE-100 I find better than all the others, mainly because it's specifically designed for an ebook reader and not an all purpose device. From the pictures, I think they left the body the same...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 02:48 AM   #94
als1
als1 began at the beginning.

hard reset om JE-100?

Hello!
Got my JE100 from Eletroworld yesterday. Seleted "autohide" of the bottom panel in Computer mode. It worked a couple of times but now wouldn't show. Reset doesn't help. There was no manual in the box. Is there any way to hard-reset it? Or, perhaps, there's a less drastic way to recover the bottom panel (the tray)? Thank you.
als1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 04:00 AM   #95
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by als1 View Post
Hello!
Got my JE100 from Eletroworld yesterday. Seleted "autohide" of the bottom panel in Computer mode. It worked a couple of times but now wouldn't show. Reset doesn't help. There was no manual in the box. Is there any way to hard-reset it? Or, perhaps, there's a less drastic way to recover the bottom panel (the tray)? Thank you.
Yes. Try to rename something, the keyboard will popup. If you press the windows key, you'll get the start menu.
Advert
Old 01-16-2010, 04:16 AM   #96
als1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Yes. Try to rename something, the keyboard will popup. If you press the windows key, you'll get the start menu.
Thanks a lot! It worked! Now I can play around with it again.
Old 01-16-2010, 12:45 PM   #97
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by als1 View Post
Thanks a lot! It worked! Now I can play around with it again.
It has happened to me several times
Old 01-16-2010, 02:38 PM   #98
Frankr
Zealot
Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EzReader, Sony 650, Kindle 5, Onyx i62HD, Kobo Aura HD
I hope someone will come along that can do a comparison in performance between the JE-100 and the JE-200. Even if it's just a comment or two.
Frankr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 06:39 AM   #99
als1

Very confused about my JE-100 reader so far. Nothing that I do seems to work. Al-reader hung on a short simple file. Word Reader took ages opening a 2.5 mb file and then refused to progress to the second page. Microsoft pdf reader doesn't seem to like files from the Gigapedia library (which are not scans but quite small files). What's most strange - the buttons on the device in all applications list only single lines, not pages. Any way to change that?

The keyboard pops up all the time which is very irritating. On the other hand, I can't bring it up when I have to name a wi-fi network (after I put in the included wi-fi stick).

And I'm not a really a complete novice with computers. But so far, this thing has been most unintuitive. Would appreciate any and all help.
Old 01-17-2010, 08:19 AM   #100
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer

Sorry, I only use Mobipocket... And it works perfectly with that (at least, once I found out how to get it all in portrait mode...)
Old 01-17-2010, 01:28 PM   #101
imaredr
Collector
imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankr View Post
I hope someone will come along that can do a comparison in performance between the JE-100 and the JE-200. Even if it's just a comment or two.
I got my JE200 This past week. I have been playing around with it and will post a review on the differences sometime this week. I am hoping that I can get it doen by Wed or so.

Ellen
imaredr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 02:05 AM   #102
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaredr View Post
I got my JE200 This past week. I have been playing around with it and will post a review on the differences sometime this week. I am hoping that I can get it doen by Wed or so.

Ellen
Yeay! I was wondering about that, as you kept quiet!

One think you can probably answer already: is the difference in cost worth it?
Old 01-18-2010, 10:26 AM   #103
imaredr
Collector
imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Yeay! I was wondering about that, as you kept quiet!

One think you can probably answer already: is the difference in cost worth it?
Sweetpea,

No it is not worth the extra money.

I have been quiet lately because I attended CES and then the JE200 arrived just a few days ago and I have been busy trying to play catch up on a lot of things.

Ellen
imaredr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 02:53 AM   #104
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaredr View Post
Sweetpea,

No it is not worth the extra money.

I have been quiet lately because I attended CES and then the JE200 arrived just a few days ago and I have been busy trying to play catch up on a lot of things.

Ellen
Np, but I really wanted to know that answer. Now I know I don't have to save money for a new device right now.
Old 01-30-2010, 02:51 PM   #105
babo
babo began at the beginning.

Device: je100
I posted today how to Give to your JE100 sdhc capability!!! and use it with even 16gb sd card!

Look at my post:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...567#post764567
babo is offline   Reply With Quote