Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: If You Could Wipe Out One Animal Species What Would It Be?
Sharks 2 0.97%
Snakes 7 3.40%
Spiders 6 2.91%
Mosquitos 38 18.45%
Wasps/Bees 1 0.49%
Stingy underwater things like Jelly Fish 2 0.97%
Rats 3 1.46%
Cockroaches (or other insects, please specify) 16 7.77%
Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus 1 0.49%
The blue one next to the fish. 7 3.40%
tch. SHUMS !!! obviously. sharks are like little cuddly kittens next to shums. 118 57.28%
Grumman A-10 Warthogs 2 0.97%
Bundaberg Rum 3 1.46%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-10-2009, 09:41 AM   #91
mklynds
That guy, no not that guy
mklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with others

Device: PRS600 Red
Easy answer. The squeeters for sure. Up here in alberta you got to watch your kids so the Saskatchewan Provincial Bird doesn't swoop them right up and carry them away.
mklynds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 10:03 AM   #92
PieOPah
Addict
PieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony PRS-505
For me it would be the Ant (voted Cockroach). These are the only insect which bug (haha) me...
No matter what we do, they find a way into the house. We came back from Holiday and they were everywhere - it does seem like they were waiting for us to leave though!
PieOPah is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2009, 10:06 AM   #93
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
And cleaning up after those Ant Parties can be such a chore!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 10:50 AM   #94
kad032000
Connoisseur
kad032000 doesn't litterkad032000 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilHare View Post
You've obviously never been received a rat bite!
That's true. But I can guarantee getting attacked by a rat is much safer than being attacked by a dog.

Domesticated dogs bite way more often than domesticated rats. And that's percentage-wise, not just total number-wise.

Edit:
I just think the poll's screwy when it includes rats but not cats/dogs/ferrets/other intelligent and domesticated animals.

Last edited by kad032000; 07-10-2009 at 10:53 AM.
kad032000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 11:28 AM   #95
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
I think I'd eliminate pandas. I'm starting to see those dang things everywhere.

vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-11-2009, 02:39 AM   #96
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
If symptoms persist vivaldi see your doctor..
Spoiler:
he can't help being a panda!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
I think I'd eliminate pandas. I'm starting to see those dang things everywhere.

AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 06:01 AM   #97
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I hate to knock other peoples pets, but no matter how 'domesticated' your rat is, if it stops making that happy high pitched sound, put it down before it takes a chomp!
Rat bites keep on bleeding...
Quote:
Originally Posted by kad032000 View Post
That's true. But I can guarantee getting attacked by a rat is much safer than being attacked by a dog.

Domesticated dogs bite way more often than domesticated rats. And that's percentage-wise, not just total number-wise.

Edit:
I just think the poll's screwy when it includes rats but not cats/dogs/ferrets/other intelligent and domesticated animals.
Old 07-11-2009, 07:06 AM   #98
Alphapheemail
.a ribbon around a bomb.
Alphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura about

Device: PRS700
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilHare View Post
I hate to knock other peoples pets, but no matter how 'domesticated' your rat is, if it stops making that happy high pitched sound, put it down before it takes a chomp!
Rat bites keep on bleeding...
Not only that, they suffer from a HUGE Napoleon complex ...

and they want to pwn us... duh.
they think that buy giving me buttons to pin on my jacket they can win me over... oh they know me so well.

Alphapheemail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 12:46 PM   #99
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Q: Gee, Brain, what do you want to do tonight?

A: The same thing we do every night, Pinky...TRY TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!!!

Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 01:13 PM   #100
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
I voted SHUMS, obviously
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 04:17 PM   #101
Roy White
Evangelist
Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Reader
Crocodiles... Shouldn't exist. Creepy.
Roy White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 07:08 PM   #102
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy White View Post
Hey, Roy! It's been a while...
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 09:23 PM   #103
Roy White
Evangelist
Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Reader
Hi Ivan. I know it's been awhile. Crocodiles have been camped outside of my front door and every time I go online they, (it's too horrible to write) they... They sing Barry Manilow songs while doing the Tango. Right now they're singing "Mandy" and trompling my Marigolds. I can't take it I tell you! They shouldn't be allowed to exist!
Roy White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 12:44 AM   #104
AprilHare
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy White View Post
If it wasn't for crocodiles, we wouldn't have the classic movie Crocodile Dundee and marvellous scenes like this:
Old 07-13-2009, 02:13 AM   #105
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
They serve no real purpose other than to be surrogate children for people who really can't believe that other people do not see the fun in having a smelly flea ridden mutt stick its nose in inappropriate places and slobber all over you ("Oh, isn't he cute, he must like you" - ARRRGGGHHH).

OK, maybe it's actually dog-owners I object to?
Yep, it's the dog owner... A well trained dog will never go to you unless you ask him to. A well groomed dog doesn't smell, nor does it have fleas. And a well trained owner understands that not everybody likes or isn't afraid of dogs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaas View Post
@Bilbo
you and I should go for a talk. Outside. At night. In the company of a dozen hungry, feral, cute American Cocker Spaniels- they would show you!

Hmm, I'd go for the English Cocker Spaniels... They are more ferocious! (and they never bumped their noses against a brick wall...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
now really. can anyone give me any legitimate reason not to get rid of mosquitoes ? do they actually contribute anything positive at all to the ecosystem, in however small a way ? or are they just blood-sucking, disease-spreading, peaceful-sleep-disturbing, nasty parasites we'd all be much happier without ?
I've been wondering about the usefulness of mosquitoes myself. I just can't find a reason they exist. Sharks are useful, bees, wasps, even spiders and ants are useful. But mosquitoes???

So, they get my vote.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote