Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 12-21-2009, 02:47 PM   #91
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Should be easily do-able if someone can figure out the necessary XML in the catalog files. Is it documented on the lexcycle developer page?
This was all I could find, and I assume you've already seen it:

http://www.lexcycle.com/developer

It doesn't seem to have been updated to include information on custom collections, but it does say they are using the Atom specification. I tried searching the linked reference page and didn't find anything specifically about collections, but I don't know if it would be called that.

It might take some reverse engineering to figure out where Stanza is keeping "collection" data, i.e. create a collection within Stanza, add a book to it, backup, then sift through the backup to see what happened.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 03:04 PM   #92
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Basically, just connect with the stanza desktop app and see what XML it sends for the collections.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2009, 03:49 PM   #93
Breathlessx
Breathlessx began at the beginning.

Device: iPod Touch
Yeah it was a firewall thing x]
I only disabled my computer's firewall, thats why. I didn't realize my antivirus would block it out. Thanks x]
Breathlessx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 09:49 PM   #94
TheGoof
TheGoof began at the beginning.

Device: iTouch
I had it working fine with Stanza and my iTouch, but updated Calibre today to 0.6.31 and now it cannot see the content server unless I add a hard entry with the IP address, it will not work with the machine name any longer, and cannot discover it on its own as it did earlier today before I updated.

Anything change in the new version that could have made that occur?
TheGoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 10:50 PM   #95
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Not that I know of.
Advert
Old 12-28-2009, 04:16 AM   #96
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Basically, just connect with the stanza desktop app and see what XML it sends for the collections.
Do you use snoop or trace or what? I haven't had to look at interprocess communications on a Mac before. (I think I've only done it on Minix, actually, and that was more than 20 years ago.)
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 10:17 AM   #97
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

i use linux, where you can do this somewhat easier. No idea about OS X, I'm afraid. You could just try pointing a browser at the stanza desktop app
Old 12-28-2009, 11:49 AM   #98
TheGoof

ok...

Something has definitely changed though. Neither my or my son's iTouch running Stanza can see the Calibre Content Server on either my machine or my wife's laptop since we updated Calibre.

Unless we set up the link with the IP address:8080 approach. Then it works. Just using the //machine-name:8080 does not, nor does it find it without setting up an entry. The only change was the update applied to Calibre yesterday. Before rebooting the machine it was seeing it without setting up anything on the iTouch in Stanza.
Old 12-28-2009, 01:04 PM   #99
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Is there any output in console.app when you run calibre? And what operating system are you running calibre on?
Old 12-28-2009, 04:06 PM   #100
TheGoof

I don't know how to check for output in console.app...

The two laptops are running Vista, one is Vista home the other Vista Ultimate.

The Server is up and running, the test button brings up the information in explorer, and if I use the ip:8080 I can pull down the books that way.
Old 12-28-2009, 06:55 PM   #101
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Oh sorry I though you were on OS X. Open a command prompt from the start menu and type

calibre-debug -g

that will print any errors if they are happening.
Old 12-28-2009, 08:15 PM   #102
TheGoof

ok, it just comes back to the command prompt nothing prints I don't see any new files. Should it have spit something to my default printer or to a file? or just to the screen?
Old 12-28-2009, 09:25 PM   #103
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

just to screen. if it isn't printing anything, then there's no obvious problem. I just tested it with my wife's iPod and it works for me. Anyone using windows care to comment?
Old 12-29-2009, 12:51 PM   #104
jayman
Enthusiast
jayman began at the beginning.

Device: iphone
Problem with Stanza and links in newspapers

I had posted this in another forum but it seems more appropriate here. When I download newspapers and magazines using calibre and the standard recipes, the links are not clickable on stanza. That is, you click on an item highlighted in the table of contents and it takes you back to the beginning of the table of contents and not the article. It's weird though because if you take a .prc book and convert it to epub those links work. Anyone else having this issue with stanza? It really kinda blows and makes trying to read the newspapers on stanza useless.
jayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 04:23 PM   #105
pking36330
FT Parent PT Reader
pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Shocked by how much I've read on an iPod Touch received as a gift!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman View Post
I had posted this in another forum but it seems more appropriate here. When I download newspapers and magazines using calibre and the standard recipes, the links are not clickable on stanza. That is, you click on an item highlighted in the table of contents and it takes you back to the beginning of the table of contents and not the article. It's weird though because if you take a .prc book and convert it to epub those links work. Anyone else having this issue with stanza? It really kinda blows and makes trying to read the newspapers on stanza useless.
The problem is (I think) that Stanza and the screen divided in thirds vertically and if you press on the left third you go back a page, the right third you go forward a page and the center third brings up the Options overlay, so there is no 'third' left to actually select a hyperlink. The links appear to be in the text, Stanza just doesn't provide a GUI that lets you select them. And if this problem summary is correct, then it is certainly not a Calibre problem, its a Stanza GUI problem.
pking36330 is offline   Reply With Quote