Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 06-23-2022, 11:31 AM   #91
heyman
Connoisseur
heyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it is

Device: sony
can you upload the latest neoreader.apk from the boox, which can be installed on other Android devices too
heyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 07:45 AM   #92
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
I have added Magisk boot image for Max Lumi version 2022-06-22_10-16_3.2.3_b3d86b2.

Quote:
"changeList":["V3.2.3 Official Version","************************************","( The firmware is released in batches. If you can not detect it today, please try again the next day.)","************************************",
"*System and Applications","1. Optimize the display effect of the third-party apps in the Speed/A2 modes (such as the lines in the WPS table);","2. Optimize the page-turning effect of the Kind app (Filter page-turning animation);","3. Optimize some functions of the input method such as automatic addition of spaces, Case Lock, new symbols, etc. ","4. Fix the problem that the pop-up window of moving files cannot turn pages;","5. Optimize some interface ",
"*NeoReader","1. Optimize the picture display effect ( It can be enabled in Menu-Contrast-Picture Smoothing);","2. Optimize the display effect of Dark Color Enhancement on black text;","3. Fix the overlapping problems of some PDF text","4. Fix the problem that some documents cannot be opened;","5. Fix the refresh problem of link redirects on the color models.","6. Turn off the indicator for looking up words across pages (you can enable it in the Global Settings);","7. Optimize some interfaces;",
"*Notes","1. When notes are synced across devices of different sizes, the canvas will automatically adapt to the screen size, leaving no blank area.","2. Optimize the text on the Toolbar;","3. Fix the problem that some written strokes are inconsistent with the final rendering results.","4. Fix the problem that the content is reset after AI recognition and sharing;","5. Fix the abnormal problem of merging notes in batch and exporting notes;","6. Fix the known issues of the note Recycle Bin (sort, search, restore, etc.);","7. Remove the toast reminder when disabling Eraser/Brush switch by gesture;","8. Remove the folder lock option ;"],"fwType":"release"}

Last edited by yokos; 06-27-2022 at 08:11 AM.
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2022, 04:02 AM   #93
Grorom
Grorom began at the beginning.

Device: onyx Book Max Lumi
Thanks Yokos !!
I didn't see 3.2.3 (don't know why) but my lumi propose me to upgrade tu 3.2.4 this morning ! You too ?
Grorom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2022, 05:25 AM   #94
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Dear Grorom, yes I can see v 3.2.4.
Quote:
"changeList":["V3.2.4 official version (upgrade in batches, if it is not detected, it can be tested again the next day)","************************************","Fix the abnormal problem of document highlighting;","Fix some known issues;"],"fwType":"release"}
Damn. Who does write these release notes?

Last edited by yokos; 09-02-2022 at 05:32 AM.
Old 09-02-2022, 05:30 AM   #95
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.

I have updated #1. Latest patched boot image of v3.2.4 is now included.
Max Lumi 1 firmware v3.2.4 071fa5f as upx file 1.45 GB

Last edited by yokos; 09-02-2022 at 05:37 AM.
Advert
Old 09-02-2022, 07:43 AM   #96
Grorom

Quote:
Originally Posted by yokos View Post
Dear Grorom, yes I can see v 3.2.4.

Damn. Who does write these release notes?

Thanks !!!
Old 09-10-2022, 04:28 AM   #97
Grorom

Hi yokos
The Max_Lumi_v3.2.4_071fa5f.Magisk23.boot.img didn't root my Lumi. I had to use Magisk to make the boot.img that can root it. Is the one you send working with your ?
Best
rom
Old 09-13-2022, 04:20 PM   #98
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grorom View Post
Hi yokos
The Max_Lumi_v3.2.4_071fa5f.Magisk23.boot.img didn't root my Lumi. I had to use Magisk to make the boot.img that can root it. Is the one you send working with your ?
Best
rom
This is mysterious. I think I have used the 'fasboot boot' option to check whether all is fine with patched boot image. After that I used the method 'direct install' in Magisk 23. I haven't updated Magisk to v. 25.x because I don't like the changelog of latest versions.
Old 11-18-2022, 07:43 AM   #99
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.

I have added Magisk boot image for Max Lumi version 2022-11-16_17-18_3.3.1_7130b19.
Quote:
"changeList":["V3.3.1 "," (upgrade in batches, if it is not detected, it can be tested again the next day) :","**********************************",
"Library / NeoReader",
"Reading data, including progress, annotation, highlight, and handwritten notes, can be synced across devices via Onyx Cloud. ",
"Optimize the page loading speed of some large documents;",
"Fix the problem that the brush settings cannot be saved;",
"***********************************","·",
"Notes",
"Add keyword and tag search.",
"Recording supports adding marks.",
"Support adding attachments, each file size is up to 20MB. ",
"Support adding links to a page or an external website. ",
"Optimize AI Recognition Interface and add real-time preview and edit options.",
"***********************************","·",
"System/ App",
"Add RSS subscription to PushRead;",
"Update App Optimization,EINK panel adjusts the optimization settings of the current APP;",
"System fonts can be changed;",
"Optimize ONYX keyboard style;",
"Add system gesture - bottom virtual navigation bar;",
"Add the function of app optimization - force to follow the system direction (rotation);"],
"fwType":"release"}

Last edited by yokos; 11-18-2022 at 07:46 AM.
Old 12-14-2022, 05:15 PM   #100
Grorom

thanks Yokos !
(I had to patch the origi file with magisk to get the root with magisk 25.2)
Old 01-04-2023, 08:57 AM   #101
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.

The boot images of version 2022-11-16_17-18_3.3.1_7130b19 and 2022-11-24_19-21_3.3.1_4c98746d8 are compatible. Both have same SHA256.
Old 04-23-2023, 04:18 AM   #102
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.

Firmware version 3.3.2_856e3b0d6 is out but my patched boot image doesn't boot when I try fastboot boot file.img.
I have root rights while booting because I can see terminal messages on screen (LiveBoot app is installed) but I can't access via adb to delete (possible conflicting) Magisk modules.
Old 04-23-2023, 08:34 AM   #103
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
The Magisk'ed boot image is from the boot image in the update?
Is there anything conspicuous in the log?
ADB is the only thing that doesn't work?
Have you tried disabling/enabling?
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2023, 11:54 AM   #104
Grorom

Quote:
Originally Posted by yokos View Post
Firmware version 3.3.2_856e3b0d6 is out but my patched boot image doesn't boot when I try fastboot boot file.img.
I have root rights while booting because I can see terminal messages on screen (LiveBoot app is installed) but I can't access via adb to delete (possible conflicting) Magisk modules.

Did you manage to boot ?
Old 06-21-2023, 06:34 PM   #105
Grorom

Si @yokos, did you manage to get back the root access ?