Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-12-2021, 10:33 AM   #91
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semwize View Post
If suddenly someone used this patch and suffers from its absence ...

Spoiler:
Code:
Increase page navigation history:
  - Enabled: no
  - Description: Increases the number of dots marking navigation history on the scrubber.
  - ReplaceInt: {Offset: , Find: 2, Replace: 4}
Nice! This was one of my favorite patches.

I just looked into it a bit more and it seems that Kobo reverted the change which broke this patch in this version (the change was present from 14672-15676).

I'll make it multi-version and add it to the patch zips again. I'll also add an entry to the patch request post.

Edit: I'd give karma, but apparently I need to spread it around first.

Edit 2: Upon a closer look at 15676, it appears it may have just been compiled optimizations mangling the function. I might have found the relevant code it it, but I'll need to test it.

Last edited by geek1011; 02-12-2021 at 02:05 PM.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 10:42 AM   #92
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
@geek1011

It was easy.

But I can't change the font color in Series, it seems I'm just looking in the wrong place. You promised to help
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2021, 11:04 AM   #93
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
@geek1011

It was easy.

But I can't change the font color in Series, it seems I'm just looking in the wrong place. You promised to help
As long as your looking as the settings for Series, can you look where it converts the series name to uppercase and patch it to stop case changing? Thanks.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 11:18 AM   #94
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Jon,
I have a suspicion that you have very long series names and they are constantly shortening, so you want to remove the uppercase ... Is that right?
Old 02-12-2021, 11:31 AM   #95
icallaci
Guru
icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
Quote:
Jon,
I have a suspicion that you have very long series names and they are constantly shortening, so you want to remove the uppercase ... Is that right?
Maybe that's Jon's reason but I dislike series names in uppercase too. I find all uppercase difficult to read at a glance.
icallaci is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2021, 12:52 PM   #96
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Jon,
The Kobo GUI shows the series in uppercase. I like this since it makes it easy for me to differentiate between a series and a subtitle. See the attached image for an example.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_001.png
Views:	222
Size:	326.6 KB
ID:	185367  
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 01:03 PM   #97
Semwize
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
See the attached image for an example.

I understood perfectly what he wants.

It just seems to me (as to you) that the Series in uppercase looks more correct. If remove uppercase, series will merge with the title of the book.

Can easily write Series in 2 lines, if it's about the length of the inscription.

Last edited by Semwize; 02-12-2021 at 01:08 PM.
Old 02-12-2021, 02:00 PM   #98
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Yep, I'll take a look later today. I've been busy for the last few weeks.
Old 02-12-2021, 04:23 PM   #99
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Jon,
The series names are not too long. But it doesn't look good in all uppercase. To me it would look better with proper upper/lowercase. That why I would like this patched. I would also like this to be added to the standard list of patches.

We do have such a patch for the header/footer.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 09:47 PM   #100
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
@geek1011

It was easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
As long as your looking as the settings for Series, can you look where it converts the series name to uppercase and patch it to stop case changing? Thanks.
Untested, but here's what I found from a quick skim:

libnickel: 0x91f3e0 (nop the uppercase transformation and fix the stack stuff around it, or just replace it with something harmless like QString::trimmed) (edit: apparently, they there's more to it than just this)
nickel: BookInfoWidget.qss [0x14B5163+1316] (just add another rule to #series) (edit: no, this won't work, since it uses an ElidedLabel, which has its own color handling)

Last edited by geek1011; 02-13-2021 at 10:54 AM.
Old 02-12-2021, 11:33 PM   #101
Semwize
Guru

delete
Old 02-12-2021, 11:43 PM   #102
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
If suddenly someone used this patch and suffers from its absence ...

Spoiler:
Code:
  - Description: Increases the number of dots marking navigation history on the scrubber.
  - ReplaceInt: {Offset: 0x88BB9C, Find: 2, Replace: 4}
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
I'll make it multi-version and add it to the patch zips again. I'll also add an entry to the patch request post.
https://github.com/pgaskin/kobopatch...a2f1f26d080f0a

Code:
  # Replace the immediate value for the cmp r1, #2 before the bgt to the inlined
  # QVector::removeFirst() (i.e. QVector::erase(start, start+1)):
  - BaseAddress: "BookmarkHistoryMixin::pushBookmark(Bookmark const&)"
  - ReplaceInt: {Offset: 24, Find: 2, Replace: 4} # note: you can set the replacement to whatever you want, but it MUST be > 1 or bad things will happen
Old 02-14-2021, 03:39 PM   #103
Dirk-71
Zealot
Dirk-71 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Dirk-71 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Dirk-71 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Dirk-71 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Dirk-71 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Dirk-71 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Dirk-71 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Dirk-71 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Dirk-71 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Dirk-71 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Dirk-71 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One, Glo HD, Clara 2E
On Mac OS 11.x (Big Sur) there seems to be another approval process!? I do not know how to grant the permissions to run the script. Can you help?

Meanwhile I know what to do:

This command has to be executed before running the script:
chmod +x kobopatch.sh bin/*

Last edited by Dirk-71; 02-15-2021 at 08:28 AM.
Dirk-71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 08:24 AM   #104
Dirk-71
Zealot
Dirk-71 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Dirk-71 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Dirk-71 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Dirk-71 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Dirk-71 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Dirk-71 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Dirk-71 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Dirk-71 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Dirk-71 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Dirk-71 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Dirk-71 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One, Glo HD, Clara 2E
DELETE

Last edited by Dirk-71; 02-15-2021 at 08:29 AM.
Dirk-71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 01:50 AM   #105
genoasalami
Connoisseur
genoasalami began at the beginning.

Device: KK3G, PW, Voyage, Oasis, Aura One, Forma
Has anyone been able to get multiple dictionaries working on the latest (November 2020) firmware? I have never been able to get this working and if anyone has step-by-step instructions, I'd appreciate it. I am pretty tech literate and comfortable with coding, but for whatever reason this has never worked for me.

Is there a maximum file size?

Last edited by genoasalami; 02-25-2021 at 02:07 AM.
genoasalami is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobopatch, patch, patch32lsb, patches, patching