Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 09-17-2020, 04:40 PM   #91
raygj
Connoisseur
raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.

Device: likebook mars
Quote:
Originally Posted by squiresque View Post
The default Boyue reader that accompanies the 8.1 Update appears to have many problems not experienced prior to the update. With the update, my Boyue reader concatenates English words that should be separate, and introduces spaces after punctuation inappropriately when the punctuation is part of the word. For the time being I have switched to using KOreader on the Mars as a result. By way of contrast, the default reader on my Alita (Android 6.1) does not have these problems; not did the default reader on my Mars prior to the update.
what version of have you installed?

I installed (by USB the second (corrected) version of the) 8.1 upgrade and later I updated from this version (by WiFy update) to version BYRead-V3.0.0-2020090714.

I am using the BYRead reader default settings and it does not seen to have your likebook's problems.Are you using a special font instead of the default font that is included in your eBooks' file.(ePub,MOBI,AZW3,etc).Are your problems in every book you read or just from one author?
Some eBooks are published with non-standard formatting or just formatting errors.
I use Calibre to manage my eBook collection.
Years ago ,I had problems with displaying some of my purchased eBook titles(similarly to you).I now always run my ebooks through the Calibre 'convert eBook' menu item.This is normally used to change the ebooks format(file type)E.G.from .pdf to .epub or from .awz3 to .epub but you can just use it to convert eBook from .awz3 to .awz3 or convert eBook from .epub to .epub .As it does the conversion it usually corrects/fixes any non-conforming formatting to the industry standard formatting .If this conversion process errors and halts conversion then I select the book in calibre and mouse right click and select edit book then I select tools/check ebook and select the autocorrect option. Try this link for more information <https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=166>
raygj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 04:12 AM   #92
raygj
Connoisseur
raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raygj View Post
what version of have you installed?

Some eBooks are published with non-standard formatting or just formatting errors.
I use Calibre to manage my eBook collection.
Years ago ,I had problems with displaying some of my purchased eBook titles(similarly to you).I now always run my ebooks through the Calibre 'convert eBook' menu item.This is normally used to change the ebooks format(file type)E.G.from .pdf to .epub or from .awz3 to .epub but you can just use it to convert eBook from .awz3 to .awz3 or convert eBook from .epub to .epub .As it does the conversion it usually corrects/fixes any non-conforming formatting to the industry standard formatting .If this conversion process errors and halts conversion then I select the book in calibre and mouse right click and select edit book then I select tools/check ebook and select the autocorrect option. Try this link for more information <https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=166>
If it is text formatting errors (words joined or permanently containing hyphenation regardless of their position in the line) then these errors are in the original authors text file.
I fix these by using Calibre option to convert the file to docx file.
right click on book in calibre library listing and select convert books/convert individually
top right hand corner change Output format box to DOCX
bottom right hand corner click OK
right click on book in calibre library listing and select Open containing folder
then 'right click/open with' and open the .docx file with LibreOffice Writer and use the main menu/Tools/spell check,word search & replace and the main menu/Format options to correct book.
use LibreOffice Writer main menu/File/Export As/Export as EPUB.to save the corrected eBook.
Advert
Old 09-18-2020, 11:33 AM   #93
stodd
stodd began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue T80 Likebook Mars
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techbar View Post
I had the same problem. You need to install the update tool in the root directory of your PC (a small detail they missed out in the instructions). You will get prompts about granting administrator privileges. I did this and my update went smoothly after that (and it is a lot faster booting up now).
That did the trick, thank you Techbar
stodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 01:56 AM   #94
Kanalratte
Connoisseur
Kanalratte has much to be proud ofKanalratte has much to be proud ofKanalratte has much to be proud ofKanalratte has much to be proud ofKanalratte has much to be proud ofKanalratte has much to be proud ofKanalratte has much to be proud ofKanalratte has much to be proud ofKanalratte has much to be proud ofKanalratte has much to be proud ofKanalratte has much to be proud of

Device: PocketBook -622, -Inkpad, PW2, BOOX Kepler
Hello, I am not getting this "Found One LOADER Device". I started the RK Driver Assistant 4.5, installed the driver, then I take the Mars into the boot loader. I can see the Recovery Menu, but no LOADER device. I've tried different cables with no success. It recognizes MTP Decices but that's it. What am I doing wrong? What is the trick?
Kanalratte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 08:40 AM   #95
raygj
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanalratte View Post
Hello, I am not getting this "Found One LOADER Device". I started the RK Driver Assistant 4.5, installed the driver, then I take the Mars into the boot loader. I can see the Recovery Menu, but no LOADER device. I've tried different cables with no success. It recognizes MTP Decices but that's it. What am I doing wrong? What is the trick?
usb unplugged
turn off likebook
Power off the device!
after it has powered-off Do not touch the power-on button.(the likebook will itself automatically power-up/reboot to install the upgrade when the download/transfers by USB 'LOADER Device' was completed successfully ).
Press and keep holding the "upgrade key" (insert paperclip into small hole next to
USB and keep gently pressing it) .
keep gently pressing it before and while inserting the USB cable
insert the USB cable
keep gently pressing the paperclip
After the flash tool reads the device, it will display the “Loader” device
only after it displays the “Loader” device then
You can only now loose the "upgrade key" holding now(stop gently pressing and remove paperclip out of the small hole next to USB )
Then click “Upgrade” to UPGRADE the device
....keep USB cable connection plugged-in until/till after the device has automatically powered-up/restarted

Last edited by raygj; 09-19-2020 at 09:41 AM.
Advert
Old 09-20-2020, 04:19 AM   #96
Kanalratte
Connoisseur
Kanalratte has much to be proud ofKanalratte has much to be proud ofKanalratte has much to be proud ofKanalratte has much to be proud ofKanalratte has much to be proud ofKanalratte has much to be proud ofKanalratte has much to be proud ofKanalratte has much to be proud ofKanalratte has much to be proud ofKanalratte has much to be proud ofKanalratte has much to be proud of

@raygi thanks, it works
Old 09-22-2020, 05:19 PM   #97
Kanalratte
Connoisseur

Is it possible to go back to Android 6?
For me, the touch input on the display is temporarily not possible. Entries can only be made again by switching to stand-by mode and starting again.
Calibre companion has problems at the point where I have to specify the location on the calibre library on the SD card. No selection window appears.
Or hopefully another update will come soon.
Old 09-23-2020, 02:36 PM   #98
raygj
Connoisseur

Quote:
Is it possible to go back to Android 6?
For me, the touch input on the display is temporarily not possible. Entries can only be made again by switching to stand-by mode and starting again.
Calibre companion has problems at the point where I have to specify the location on the calibre library on the SD card. No selection window appears.
Or hopefully another update will come soon.
have you a lot of books installed on SD memory.
when you do first cold boot up the likebook takes a while
to error check and scan all the storage memory.
if you have SD card installed then power-off likebook.
eject SD card.
power-up likebook.
if you still have problems then reinstall 8.1 update and make sure that USB cable is always plugged-in until the likebook has fully completed 8.1 installation and fully completed the auto-reboot process.
Old 09-23-2020, 09:39 PM   #99
raygj
Connoisseur

Quote:
have you a lot of books installed on SD memory.
when you do first cold boot up the likebook takes a while
to error check and scan all the storage memory.
if you have SD card installed then power-off likebook.
eject SD card.
power-up likebook.
if you still have problems then reinstall 8.1 update and make sure that USB cable is always plugged-in until the likebook has fully completed 8.1 installation and fully completed the auto-reboot process.
<https://www.facebook.com/BoyueLikebook/posts/2787619344801982>
have a read of the posts in the above facebook link and also read the comments as well before you reinstall 8.1
Upgrade Instruction Download (Upgrade from 6.0 to 8.1, Only for Mars!!):
📌P.S. Upgrade tool should be put into the root directory of your PC.
Old 09-24-2020, 04:42 AM   #100
bajra
bajra began at the beginning.

Device: Iphone 4G
Quote:
usb unplugged
turn off likebook
Power off the device!
after it has powered-off Do not touch the power-on button.(the likebook will itself automatically power-up/reboot to install the upgrade when the download/transfers by USB 'LOADER Device' was completed successfully ).
Press and keep holding the "upgrade key" (insert paperclip into small hole next to
USB and keep gently pressing it) .
keep gently pressing it before and while inserting the USB cable
insert the USB cable
keep gently pressing the paperclip
After the flash tool reads the device, it will display the “Loader” device
only after it displays the “Loader” device then
You can only now loose the "upgrade key" holding now(stop gently pressing and remove paperclip out of the small hole next to USB )
Then click “Upgrade” to UPGRADE the device
....keep USB cable connection plugged-in until/till after the device has automatically powered-up/restarted
I followed exactly the same steps but my Likebook only detected as Maskrom, not in loader mode.
1. I turn the power off
2. then insert the PIN into the hole and keeping the pin pressing I plugged the cable
3. But never able to get the device to read as "Loader" instead only into "Maskrom".
bajra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 02:40 PM   #101
Kanalratte
Connoisseur

Hello,
I have the problem when I use the Mars with a 128 GB SD Card in MTP mode, I can not use the internal memory. On Windows I only can use the external memory, it is not possible to open the internal memory. When I put the SD Card out of the device, I can use the internal memory in the MTP mode again. On the Mars there are no problems to use both.
I have flashed the T80D-2020090714 image. Is there a solution?
Old 09-26-2020, 10:49 AM   #102
raygj
Connoisseur

Quote:
Hello,
I have the problem when I use the Mars with a 128 GB SD Card in MTP mode, I can not use the internal memory. On Windows I only can use the external memory, it is not possible to open the internal memory. When I put the SD Card out of the device, I can use the internal memory in the MTP mode again. On the Mars there are no problems to use both.
I have flashed the T80D-2020090714 image. Is there a solution?
If you used the likebook to format 128SD card with the format option of 'format for use only in likebook' then you will only see 1 root directory not 2 root directories in the file manager .
The one visible root directory contains the 128SD card memory ,accessible inside sub-directory(both memories are combined together).
Use the likebook to re-format the 128SD card with the format option 'format for use in likebook and other devices' ,

Now you will see 2 root directories in file manager(both memories are separate).
also after you first insert 128SD card and power-up it takes awhile for the likebook to error-check the external SD and scan-for-books before it shows a mounted SDs memory in file manager.
Also if you 'format for use in likebook and other devices' then on the external SD make a directory(in the SD root directory),using ONLY lower-case characters with the directory name 'books'.
Then put all your eBook titles inside the 'books' directory.
The likebook library function 'scan for books' will ONLY scan inside the eternal SD 'books' directory and nowhere else on the SD card.

Last edited by raygj; 09-26-2020 at 11:30 AM.
Old 09-27-2020, 05:09 PM   #103
Kanalratte
Connoisseur

There is a problem with the 128 GB card. I can read it, but I can't format it on Mars. When I try to format the card in the settings, the settings crashed.
I have now taken a 32 GB SD card. It can be formatted and also appears as an MTP device. Perfect.
Now there are no more errors under Calibre and I can transfer my books to the SD card.
I have now installed calibre companion on Mars and tried to open the directory on the external SD card. There were no problems with this under Android 6, but here under Android 8.1 . I only get an info for the path and no dialog box for selecting the directory pops up.
Is there any other way?
Old 09-27-2020, 09:51 PM   #104
raygj
Connoisseur

fixing problem with problem with the 128 GB card.

Quote:
There is a problem with the 128 GB card. I can read it, but I can't format it on Mars. When I try to format the card in the settings, the settings crashed.
I have now taken a 32 GB SD card. It can be formatted and also appears as an MTP device. Perfect.
Now there are no more errors under Calibre and I can transfer my books to the SD card.
I have now installed calibre companion on Mars and tried to open the directory on the external SD card. There were no problems with this under Android 6, but here under Android 8.1 . I only get an info for the path and no dialog box for selecting the directory pops up.
Is there any other way?
sounds like you have originally formatted the 128SD 'for only use in likebook''
if you boot up with this card inserted it becomes part of the operating system
this means that you cannot format it with the likebook because it is using it for the operating system.
power-off likebook and then remove 128SD card and power-up likebook fully.
after the likebook has fully powered-up then reinsert 128SD card into likebook and then use likebook format with the option 'for use in likebook and other devices'.
use the likebooks file manager to Make a directory on SD card in lower case letters named 'books'
or try this
power-off likebook
remove the sd card from the likebook
on your PC format the sd card.
Make a directory on SD card in lower case letters named 'books'
copy your pc ebooks to SD card 'books' directory
power-up likebook without sd card
wait till it has finished booting and it is on home screen
then insert SD card into the likebook
wait for likebook to error scan and scan for new books(it only scans inside SD card 'books' directory)
start-up calibre
fully power-up likebook
connect usb cable linking pc to likebook
calibre will raise a pop-up 'Device: likebook T80D detected' and a new 'black coloured icon' named device will appear in the top menu line.
1. place mouse pointer on 'black icon' device and mouse right click.
on new submenu left click on 'configure this device'
if it errors then close error box and wait till calibre notifies you that it is ready(because it is scanning default directories on device)
do line 1. again.
on new window click on 'change scanned folders'
click on 'SD card' tab.
click inside small square box labeled 'books'
a tick appears inside small square box
click on 'ok' box lower right side of this window
click on 'ok' box lower right side of next window
calibre asks you to restart calibre
unplug USB cable
click on 'Restart calibre now' box in this window
once calibre has fully started up plug-in USB cable
and wait for calibre to scan the device for the new default folders(including SD card 'books' directory).

Last edited by raygj; 09-27-2020 at 10:44 PM. Reason: added calibre instructions
Old 09-28-2020, 12:25 AM   #105
raygj
Connoisseur

Quote:
sounds like you have originally formatted the 128SD 'for only use in likebook''
if you boot up with this card inserted it becomes part of the operating system
this means that you cannot format it with the likebook because it is using it for the operating system.
power-off likebook and then remove 128SD card and power-up likebook fully.
after the likebook has fully powered-up then reinsert 128SD card into likebook and then use likebook format with the option 'for use in likebook and other devices'.
use the likebooks file manager to Make a directory on SD card in lower case letters named 'books'
or try this
power-off likebook
remove the sd card from the likebook
on your PC format the sd card.
Make a directory on SD card in lower case letters named 'books'
copy your pc ebooks to SD card 'books' directory
power-up likebook without sd card
wait till it has finished booting and it is on home screen
then insert SD card into the likebook
wait for likebook to error scan and scan for new books(it only scans inside SD card 'books' directory)
start-up calibre
fully power-up likebook
calibre will raise a pop-up 'Device: likebook T80D detected' and a new 'black coloured icon' named device will appear in the top menu line.
1. place mouse pointer on 'black icon' device and mouse right click.
if it errors then close error box and wait till calibre notifies you that it is ready(because it is scanning default directories on device)
do line 1. again.
on new window click on 'change scanned folders'
click on 'SD card' tab.
click inside small square box labeled 'books'
a tick appears inside small square box
click on 'ok' box lower right side of next window
calibre asks you to restart calibre
unplug USB cable
once calibre has fully started up plug-in USB cable
and wait for calibre to scan the device for the new default folders(including SD card 'books' directory).
start-up calibre
fully power-up likebook
calibre will raise a pop-up 'Device: likebook T80D detected' and a new 'black coloured icon' named 'device' will appear in the top menu line.
place mouse pointer on 'black icon' device and mouse right click
on the line below 'A list of folders on the device to which to send e-books.the first one that exists will be used.
click on the blue coloured folder icon
click on the 'SD card' tab
click on 'books'
click on 'ok' box
click on 'ok' box lower right side
calibre will ask you to restart calibre.
wait for calibre to scan the device for the new default folders(including SD card 'books' directory)

start calibre_Companion
tap on top right hand corner(3 vertical dots)
tap on 'settings'
tap on 'Formats and folders'
at top of window tap on 'Default folder: /storage/xxxxxxxx/x/xxxxxxx/'
at lower right tap on 'CHOOSE FOLDER'
read instructions
then tap on 'CONTINUE'
on the top left corner tap on the icon that looks like (3 horizontal line placed directly above each other)
tap on 'SD card'
tap on 'books'
on lower right corner tap on 'SELECT'
WAIT for calibre_companion to transfer its books from default calibre_companion folder
to /storage/????-????/books/ ('/????-????/' the the formatted ID number for your SD card)(mine was '/storage/2810-080A/books/ ')
tap on 'ok'
tap on 'ok' to go to main 'settings' window
tap on top left hand corner icon '<-'(looks like a left pointing arrow)
you are now back at the 'calibre companion' list library books screen.