Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 12-02-2008, 04:13 PM   #91
guguy
Groupie
guguy began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffElkins View Post
I figured that

Just a note regarding the French (1.3) firmware. It's very different from the US/UK variant. I've been unable to get clock working in it. At this point I can flash to it and change the language to English -- and that's about it. Other changes have just produced bricks so far.
How did you switch the language to English ? Thx
guguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 04:19 PM   #92
JeffElkins
Guru
JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E/HD, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by guguy View Post
How did you switch the language to English ? Thx
Please reference the detailed message I posted here.
JeffElkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2008, 04:09 PM   #93
sexinxs
sexinxs began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Please reference the detailed message I posted here.
Hi, I followed Your instructions to switch from French to English on my brand new french PRS-505... but... when I connect it via USB to the PC it still speak French: at the bottom of the display it says "USB connectè" and then "Ne pas Dèconnecter"...

Do You know how I can fix it??

Yes I know it is a stupid invisible detail but... I like little stupid details to be perfect ;-)

Ambrogio calcaterra
Milano - Italy
sexinxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 04:35 PM   #94
JeffElkins
Guru
JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexinxs View Post
Hi, I followed Your instructions to switch from French to English on my brand new french PRS-505... but... when I connect it via USB to the PC it still speak French: at the bottom of the display it says "USB connectè" and then "Ne pas Dèconnecter"...

Do You know how I can fix it??

Yes I know it is a stupid invisible detail but... I like little stupid details to be perfect ;-)

Ambrogio calcaterra
Milano - Italy
I'm working on it. Check my post in this thread regarding the 1.3 firmware.
Old 12-10-2008, 04:41 PM   #95
sexinxs
sexinxs began at the beginning.

Quote:
I'm working on it. Check my post in this thread regarding the 1.3 firmware.
Thank You very much!!!
Ambrogio Calcaterra
Milano - Italy
sexinxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2008, 02:29 PM   #96
PimbaPimba
PimbaPimba began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkupan View Post
As promised, attached here is the 5-language localization package (via U.F. v 2.0) for Sony firmware version 1.1.00.18040. The menu language switches between English, French, Spanish, German and Russian.

If someone prefers a ready-made image with built in Cyrillic-enabled Unicode fonts (the default Sony fonts only supported Western European characters), you can download it here.

To switch between locales go to Settings->About (or whatever it is in your language) and press 1.

Any questions/problems - post here.

Known issue: some messages are not translated - either because I was lazy, and I thought in case of emergency they could easily be understood without translation, or because I haven't yet figured out how to get to them.
Hi all, I tried to install this file following the "read me.txt" instructions (or I least that's what I think ), but when the "Run script" screean appears and I press 5 (make a new image) I get the following error message:
"Sorry, this firmware version is not supported: 505.1.1.00.18040"

If I'm not wrong, that's the right version. It is a brand new PRS-505 (it's going to Spain as a Christmas present to my mum, so I really NEED the spanish translation), it has the last version (1.1.00.18040), and I even tried to "update" it, but when I do so it says that it has the same version and is up to date (doh! )

Anybody has had a similar problem?
Am I doing anything wrong?

Thanks,

PimbaPimba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 02:38 PM   #97
PimbaPimba

I think I see the light at the end of the tunnel!

I should have read more carefully , I'm gonna try the PRSCustomizer and see what happens.

BTW, since I see they are starting to sell the reader in France with their own firmware 1.3, what about Spain? Is there a spanish original firmware?

Thanks again,
Old 12-14-2008, 02:57 PM   #98
PimbaPimba

Ok, no problem at all with the PRSCustomizer, done and working.

Great work guys!
Old 12-16-2008, 11:26 AM   #99
keng2000
Researcher and Consultant
keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: MACBOOKPRO17" HP2400TX SONYUX27
Jeff,
I look in main.xml for FW 1.3 and see this

<kbookLanguage lang="fr" width="0" height="0" visible="false">
<assets>
<import href="kbookLanguageAssets_fr-FR.xml"/>
</assets>
</kbookLanguage>

I see your change only the first line from "fr" to "us"
Should we change "kbookLanguageAssets_fr-FR.xml" to ="kbookLanguageAssets_us-US.xml" ?
keng2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 02:11 PM   #100
JeffElkins
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by keng2000 View Post
Jeff,
I look in main.xml for FW 1.3 and see this

<kbookLanguage lang="fr" width="0" height="0" visible="false">
<assets>
<import href="kbookLanguageAssets_fr-FR.xml"/>
</assets>
</kbookLanguage>

I see your change only the first line from "fr" to "us"
Should we change "kbookLanguageAssets_fr-FR.xml" to ="kbookLanguageAssets_us-US.xml" ?
Sorry, Keng we're in Porkupan's thread for firmware 1.1 localization. I don't want to thread-hijack. This is better suited to the Universal Flasher thread for now.
Old 12-28-2008, 05:09 AM   #101
ornillo
ornillo began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505
when will the spanish version? UK 1.2
ornillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 08:49 AM   #102
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ornillo View Post
when will the spanish version? UK 1.2
PRSC already has Spanish localization options, and the UK 1.2 firmware is supported.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 08:52 AM   #103
JeffElkins
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
PRSC already has Spanish localization options, and the UK 1.2 firmware is supported.
Currently, localization is only supported for the 1.1 and 1.3 firmware. 1.2 is English only.
Old 12-28-2008, 09:45 AM   #104
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Currently, localization is only supported for the 1.1 and 1.3 firmware. 1.2 is English only.
Really? Why?
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 09:50 AM   #105
JeffElkins
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
Really? Why?
Porkupan's javascript localization routines (in 1.1 main.xml) haven't been ported to the 1.2 main.xml.