Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-22-2016, 07:43 AM   #91
Dngrsone
Almost legible
Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 9, Galaxy Tab A (2017), Likebook P78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manabi View Post
Thanks.

On a related note, is anyone else getting fed up with Amazon sticking the "Read for Free" Kindle Unlimited link above the link to purchase the book? I keep clicking the wrong thing because it makes no freaking sense for it to be that way!
Almost to the point of trying to block that element with AdBlocker or a Stylish edit...
Dngrsone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 11:48 AM   #92
bethohio3
bethohio3 does all things with Zen-like beautybethohio3 does all things with Zen-like beautybethohio3 does all things with Zen-like beautybethohio3 does all things with Zen-like beautybethohio3 does all things with Zen-like beautybethohio3 does all things with Zen-like beautybethohio3 does all things with Zen-like beautybethohio3 does all things with Zen-like beautybethohio3 does all things with Zen-like beautybethohio3 does all things with Zen-like beautybethohio3 does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: iPhone, iPad, using Marvin
Could I request that we stick to Free/Bargain Science Fiction Fantasy Books? I think more than half of the posts so far this month have been off-topic. I love a good conversation as much as the next person--but there are other forums for that.

Thanks!
bethohio3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2016, 12:29 PM   #93
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manabi View Post
Thanks.

On a related note, is anyone else getting fed up with Amazon sticking the "Read for Free" Kindle Unlimited link above the link to purchase the book? I keep clicking the wrong thing because it makes no freaking sense for it to be that way!
Not a major problem for me.
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 12:45 PM   #94
specficwriter
Groupie
specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro
Looks more like horror, but I've lost that thread somehow.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006P18LM2

free from various authors including Stephen King and Peter Straub
specficwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 02:01 PM   #95
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by bethohio3 View Post
Could I request that we stick to Free/Bargain Science Fiction Fantasy Books? I think more than half of the posts so far this month have been off-topic. I love a good conversation as much as the next person--but there are other forums for that.

Thanks!
Agreed!
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2016, 02:02 PM   #96
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Let's get back on topic. Any further discussions of these off-topic posts should be taken to the lounge. Thanks

tm
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 03:19 PM   #97
rguion
Zealot
rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
During the past 2 years people here let us know about Lightspeed Magazine's kickstarter campaigns. I got the first one which gave access to all back issues of the magazine from the start to 2015. This year I am pledging at the $5 level which gives the Destroy People of Colour plus 6 tokens for Lightspeed magazine downloads later on. Pretty good deal I think!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...cience-fiction
rguion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 07:34 PM   #98
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Quote:
Originally Posted by rguion View Post
During the past 2 years people here let us know about Lightspeed Magazine's kickstarter campaigns. I got the first one which gave access to all back issues of the magazine from the start to 2015. This year I am pledging at the $5 level which gives the Destroy People of Colour plus 6 tokens for Lightspeed magazine downloads later on. Pretty good deal I think!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...cience-fiction
The subscription booster has been unlocked for this Kickstarter, upping how many issues you can get with your pledge:

Quote:
If you chose a LIGHTSPEED subscription reward, you'll get LIGHTSPEED issues #1-73 (including the POC Destroy Science Fiction! issue), and your subscription will begin with #74 (July 2016). If you already have issues #1-73, we will substitute FANTASY issues #1-59.

If you chose a NIGHTMARE subscription reward, you'll get access to NIGHTMARE issues #1-45, and your subscription will begin with #46 (July 2016). If you already have issues #1-45, we will substitute FANTASY issues #1-59.

All other reward tiers will get 3 additional back issues of LIGHTSPEED (for a total of 6), plus 3 back issues of NIGHTMARE and 3 back issues of FANTASY.
Also, someone asked in the comments about what they'd do for those who already have all the back issues of Lightspeed and Fantasy magazine, and they replied thusly:

Quote:
If you've already got the entire library of LIGHTSPEED and FANTASY back issues, we could give you the back catalog of NIGHTMARE. Or if you also already have THAT, maybe we could just let you gift the back issues to someone else.
Also, the JJA POC Sampler's been unlocked, giving an additional issue. And they've also unlocked including all the personal essays that are posted each day throughout the Kickstarter in the special issue. If history is any guide, they'll manage to unlock all the boosters, giving another two special issues (one fantasy, one horror) and boosting the sampler up to a full anthology issue.

I'll probably do the $36 Lightspeed sub and go with the Nightmare back issues this time. (And at that point, I'll pretty much have every issue they've published across all three magazines.)

Edit: Also, for those who haven't heard of Lightspeed: "LIGHTSPEED won the 2014 and 2015 Hugo Awards for Best Semiprozine, and our Women Destroy Science Fiction! special issue received all kinds of acclaim—including being named one of the best books of 2014 by NPR and winning the British Fantasy Award."
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 04:23 AM   #99
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
As usual, the subscription level is the best if you want the back issues and don't already have them. Since I already have all the lightspeed and fantasy magazine back issues, I've opted for the $5 level this time. The issue credits combined with my existing issue credits will give be another year's 'subscription' anyway!
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 10:57 AM   #100
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Which one would I click for the #1-73 back issues of Lightspeed?
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 12:12 PM   #101
scottken
Addict
scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook color
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Which one would I click for the #1-73 back issues of Lightspeed?
That should be the $36 dollar level, Lightspeed 1 year subscription plus POC destroy SF. The 1-73 back issues are included in the stretch goals (#2)further down the page for this item if the kickstarter exceeds $15,000, which it already has.
scottken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 04:20 PM   #102
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottken View Post
That should be the $36 dollar level, Lightspeed 1 year subscription plus POC destroy SF. The 1-73 back issues are included in the stretch goals (#2)further down the page for this item if the kickstarter exceeds $15,000, which it already has.

Thank you for answering that.

I guess I was having a senior moment.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 09:17 AM   #103
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy and Windows devices. RIP: Palm & Nook devices.
Dreaming of Zhou Gong (Time Keeper Trilogy, #1)
by Traci Harding

Quote:
Overview

Set in ancient China, DREAMING OF ZHOU GONG is a beautiful story of Hudan, one of the mysterious Wu who lives on the sacred mountain of Li Shan. The Wu have been living in isolation for decades while the Shang Emperor and his enchantress have ruled the land. It has been a terrible time for the common people and the noble Ji brothers are keen to bring the emperor's arrogant bloodthirsty reign to an end. They believe an ancient prophecy has predicted the fall of the Shang emperor and they are keen to enact it, but first they must journey to the mountain and seek out the Wu. When the Ji brothers join forces with the beautiful, enigmatic Hudan and her equally mysterious tiger sister, they begin a powerful journey of love and adventure. But the Shang emperor is not their greatest threat. There is a dark curse that has plagued the rulers of the land for generations. And the mysterious Sons of the Sky who visit Hudan in her dreams have a plan to destroy it. Can Hudan trust them? DREAMING OF ZHOU GONG is a beautiful, evocative journey through ancient China.
Froide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 09:19 AM   #104
Mort1997
Wizard
Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony various , Voyage, Oasis, K3, K4T,Nook Glow+Kobo Aura/H2O/One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Froide View Post
Dreaming of Zhou Gong (Time Keeper Trilogy, #1)
by Traci Harding

UK
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dreaming-Zho...g+of+Zhou+Gong
Mort1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 10:30 AM   #105
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Subscribe to Brian McClellan's newsletter and get a free copy of one of his Powder Mage novellas, Murder at the Kinnen Hotel. Just click on the confirm link and there's a link on that page that takes you to a Google Drive folder with the e-book in Epub/Mobi/PDF formats.

For those unfamiliar with the Powder Mage universe, it's set in a fantasy world with traditional mages and a new class of mages that have shown up: Powder Mages who can control black powder. The whole universe is quite creative and fun to read in. The Powder Mage's powers are pretty creative (and vary somewhat from mage to mage, with some being better at some things than others). This novella is set before the events of the first novel, so you can read and enjoy it even without having read the trilogy.

Quote:
Special Detective Constable Adamat may be the most capable young investigator in all of Adopest. He's sharp, thoughtful, and his particular sorcery gives him a flawless memory. A transfer to the First Precinct seems like the perfect opportunity to showcase his abilities and advance his career.

But things work differently in the First Precinct. The murder of a businessman's mistress quickly pulls Adamat into an unexpected world of conspiracy and politics where he's forced to use all his wits to stay one step ahead of unseen enemies and keep his friends—and himself—from the guillotine.

Occurs twenty-two years before the events in Promise of Blood.

Last edited by Manabi; 01-26-2016 at 10:34 AM. Reason: Adding novella blurb.
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote