Notices

Old 04-28-2020, 06:27 PM   #91
Flaviocc
Zealot
Flaviocc began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PPW5 / Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
I also fix the formatting of all my ebooks. And that's the reason I want the reading app to follow the CSS - because it's already exactly the way I want it and I don't want the app to display the book any other way.
Can you share your CSS rules? And what you use to apply them?

No problem to send me via PM to not divert the topic.

Really appreciate .

Tks.
Flaviocc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 10:35 AM   #92
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaviocc View Post
Can you share your CSS rules? And what you use to apply them?
I would suspect either calibre or Sigil to apply them. The problem is that what I consider to be the perfect CSS stylesheet is unlikely to match anyonelse's idea of what a perfectly formatted ebook should look like. The best thing to do is to look at various examples of stylesheets and use what you like to create your own version of perfection.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2020, 11:42 AM   #93
Flaviocc
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I would suspect either calibre or Sigil to apply them. The problem is that what I consider to be the perfect CSS stylesheet is unlikely to match anyonelse's idea of what a perfectly formatted ebook should look like. The best thing to do is to look at various examples of stylesheets and use what you like to create your own version of perfection.
Thank you.

Do you have a source where I can look at these styles.

I agree with you, about personal tastes.

I asked him to have a start point.

I'm used to use Sigil to remove all the CSS and them get a "pure"epub to Kindle deal with the file. But....I need a little tweak on line spacing and margins.

Thank you !
Old 04-29-2020, 12:05 PM   #94
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thank you.

Do you have a source where I can look at these styles.

I agree with you, about personal tastes.

I asked him to have a start point.

I'm used to use Sigil to remove all the CSS and them get a "pure"epub to Kindle deal with the file. But....I need a little tweak on line spacing and margins.
As an example, here's part of the stylesheet I normally use. Most of the work is done in the body where I indulge my preference for left justified (ragged right) text. Change that to text-align: justified; if you prefer justified text. The p tag is the basic paragraph with subsequent paragraphs getting an indent. The dropcap code give a visibly larger bold look while not being so enthused that it dominates the page. The chapnumber is basically the chapter number. Bold, centered and not taking up half a page on my screen. There is quite a bit more but this is the basics for me.

Code:
body {
    display : block;
    font-size : 1em;
    line-height : 1.2;
    margin : 0 0 0 0;
    padding : 0 0 0 0;
    text-align : left;
    widows : 1;
    orphans : 1;
}
p  {
    padding : 0 0 0.2em 0;
    text-indent : 0;
}
.subsq {
    text-indent : 4%;
}
.chapnumber {
    font-size : 1.5em;
    margin-top : 2em;
    margin-bottom : 1.5em;
    page-break-after : avoid;
    text-align : center;
    font-weight : bold;
}
.dropcap {
    font-size : 1.5em;
    margin-top : -0.09em;
    font-weight : bold;
}
Old 04-29-2020, 12:22 PM   #95
Flaviocc
Zealot

David, thank you so much )

Now I have a starting point!!

Tks.

EDIT.:

@DNSB thank you again.

The body changes works here (what I want - the line spacing and margins).

The changes at the chapter didn't work here...I think it's something related to the ebook code.

Tks.

Last edited by Flaviocc; 04-29-2020 at 01:49 PM.
Advert
Old 04-29-2020, 02:49 PM   #96
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
David, thank you so much )

Now I have a starting point!!

Tks.

EDIT.:

@DNSB thank you again.

The body changes works here (what I want - the line spacing and margins).

The changes at the chapter didn't work here...I think it's something related to the ebook code.

Tks.
The difference is likely that the items with the '.' as the first part of the name are applied using class= (e.g. <h3 class="chapnumber">) whereas the body and p are applied to the tags. The first paragraph in a chapter gets <p> while the subsequent paragraphs get <p class="subsq">. A dropcap would be applied using something like: <p><span class="dropcap">L</span> for an example.
Old 10-19-2021, 04:08 AM   #97
Moonbase59
Zealot
Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Tolino Vision 5, Tolino Tab 8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdshieh View Post
I read Chinese books. I know that tolino epos 2 and vision 5's system languages don't include Chinese. I am still in the hopes that some reading apps can display Chinese. The attachment is a Chinese ePub file I just made for test. Wish someone could try this in your tolino to see if any epub reading app can display Chinese correctly.

I myself made the epub file from scratch. It contains only two famous Chinese poems written 1200 years ago so I guess there should be no copyright issue.
Necromancing an old thread, I know, but this comes up top in Google and might still be of interest:

After lots of experimenting, I find that the Microsoft YaHei font family has the most complete set of glyphs (nearly 30,000!) for CJK display. It is included with Windows 7 and newer versions and can be copied via USB into the Tolino’s fonts folder. After unmounting the Tolino, the fonts will be detected, installed and available in the fonts menu as 微软雅黑.

wdshieh’s epub example renders as follows on my Tolino Vision 5:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_20211019_094900.png
Views:	148
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	189703  

Last edited by Moonbase59; 10-19-2021 at 04:12 AM. Reason: Image too large on screen, moved to attachment
Moonbase59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 10:23 AM   #98
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Bigme 3/3, Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 2/8, Tolino 1/10, Ki/Ko 0/8
Kobo Libra 2 vs Tolino Vision 6

Before, the devices were pretty much identical - except for small case changes, OS and firmware.
This time, nothing is the same except for the screen and almost identical case.
Libra 2: 1 GHz - Single Core, 512 MB/32 GB - usual Kobo firmware.
Vision 6: 1.8 - GHz Quad Core, 1/16 GB - Android 8.1 - additional apps can be installed from within the system.

I get my Vision 6 on the 27th - then I can report further.
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 10:38 AM   #99
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
Before, the devices were pretty much identical - except for small case changes, OS and firmware.
This time, nothing is the same except for the screen and almost identical case.
I'm guessing that, if the Libra 2 had the same new features as the Vision 6, you wouldn't be seeing a "Should I get a Libra H2O or Libra 2" thread. Quite honestly I'm surprised Kobo and Tolino diverged this much. Maybe the Epos 2 is the last of the Epos line?
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 10:52 AM   #100
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
Quite honestly I'm surprised Kobo and Tolino diverged this much. Maybe the Epos 2 is the last of the Epos line?
I don't think so.
In the Vision 6 commercial you can see a picture with a device that has contacts like Kobo Sage on the side.
I assume the device will come out next spring.
Old 10-23-2021, 11:14 AM   #101
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
I don't think so.
In the Vision 6 commercial you can see a picture with a device that has contacts like Kobo Sage on the side.
I assume the device will come out next spring.
Glad to hear that. Though I sure can't see enough in the picture to see contacts.

Do you think there will ever be a Tolino Elipsa-like device?
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 11:44 AM   #102
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
Glad to hear that. Though I sure can't see enough in the picture to see contacts.
Do you think there will ever be a Tolino Elipsa-like device?
I have edited part of the image in contrast and brightness.
No, I donot think, that a Elipsa-like device will come.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Zwischenablage01.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	12.7 KB
ID:	189781  
Old 10-23-2021, 11:58 AM   #103
rantanplan
Weirdo
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Tolino Shine Color, Tolino Vision 6, Kobo Clara 2E, Boox Note Air 2+
I wonder what would happen if you switched out the SD-Cards of the Libra 2 and Vision 6
rantanplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 12:32 PM   #104
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantanplan View Post
I wonder what would happen if you switched out the SD-Cards of the Libra 2 and Vision 6
This will not be possible because there are none
Old 10-23-2021, 12:41 PM   #105
rantanplan
Weirdo
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Tolino Shine Color, Tolino Vision 6, Kobo Clara 2E, Boox Note Air 2+
Quote:
This will not be possible because there are none
The second photo clearly shows the mentioned SD-Card in the Libra 2:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...78&postcount=1
rantanplan is offline   Reply With Quote