Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-27-2022, 11:38 AM   #91
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tschucha View Post
Look like you can't - I had seen the thing on the developers extra settings menu and saw the video - but it looks like it only worked on the Aura One. At least you can give it a try and see what it will do.
Developer mode worked on my Aura H2O. But that was with older firmware. Seems developer mode is no more.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2022, 11:44 AM   #92
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
It looks like the bad ereader folks have finally noticed this thread.
chrisridd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2022, 12:28 PM   #93
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Devmode on/off worked on my sage or elipsa, I forget which, and the finger draw app appeared and worked with stylus.
I forget which firmware and I only tried it when I got the ereader.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2022, 12:47 PM   #94
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
For what it's worth on my Kobo Sage with 4.35.20400, devmodeon and devmodeoff still work. See attached images.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_002.png
Views:	113
Size:	122.7 KB
ID:	198626   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_001.png
Views:	112
Size:	128.7 KB
ID:	198627  

Last edited by DNSB; 12-27-2022 at 12:59 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2022, 01:01 PM   #95
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tschucha View Post
Look like you can't - I had seen the thing on the developers extra settings menu and saw the video - but it looks like it only worked on the Aura One. At least you can give it a try and see what it will do.
The Aura One was the only Kobo ereader that had a full set of red/green/blue LEDs.
Advert
Old 12-27-2022, 02:08 PM   #96
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
For what it's worth on my Kobo Sage with 4.35.20400, devmodeon and devmodeoff still work. See attached images.
Thanks. I forgot where the developrs option are and thought dev mode wasn't working.
Old 12-27-2022, 02:10 PM   #97
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

One developer option is to enable stylus. If I had a stylus and enabled it, would it work on a Libra 2?
Old 12-27-2022, 02:10 PM   #98
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Thanks. I forgot where the developrs option are and thought dev mode wasn't working.
Hard not to notice on my Sage since the battery percentage shows the power cover and pen when devmode is on.
Old 12-27-2022, 02:27 PM   #99
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
One developer option is to enable stylus. If I had a stylus and enabled it, would it work on a Libra 2?
No. The digitiser hardware isn't built in.
Just like RGB setings can only change hue if you have real R, G & B LEDs fitted.
And external SD card can only be formatted if there is a card slot with the serial i/o and clock.
Old 12-27-2022, 02:34 PM   #100
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
No. The digitiser hardware isn't built in.
Just like RGB setings can only change hue if you have real R, G & B LEDs fitted.
And external SD card can only be formatted if there is a card slot with the serial i/o and clock.
But, on my H2O and Libra 2, I've not seen options for RGB because there's no hardware for it. So why is there an option to enable the pen?
Old 12-27-2022, 03:54 PM   #101
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.

Quote:
But, on my H2O and Libra 2, I've not seen options for RGB because there's no hardware for it. So why is there an option to enable the pen?
I didn't realise that about the LEDs. A Theory:
The LEDs are always there (on Aura?) or Never there.
On the Sage the pen isn't included.
Unlike LEDs, the developer may want to test as if the pen had never been used. There is a text line in the config file too.

The notebooks section is missing on the Sage main GUI till the pen is detected. Turning pen available on/off in the GUI rather than resetting or editing the config file so as to test stuff with and without the pen.

Another thought:
The pen price also may reflect not just its cost or what the market will pay, (though the official Apple & MS ones are x4 overpriced at least) but may also partly offset royalties to the folk that make the Nebo App (which is what the Advanced notebook costs), because the Sage also by default doesn't have the handwriting conversion software collection, a download is triggered when a pen (Kobo or MS Surface compatible, not either common kind of Wacom or Apple Pencil. I did test all those) is detected.
Old 12-27-2022, 05:33 PM   #102
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
More likely: the menu is hidden for a reason, and there's only minimal care being taken in it being fool-proof . The RGB panel used to be accessible on the Forma (it might still be, for all I know), despite the hardware not being capable .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2022, 11:04 AM   #103
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Scooped by Goodereader again!

New Kobo e-reader and e-note to be released in early 2023
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2022, 02:35 PM   #104
tschucha
Zealot
tschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfolded

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post

I hope he's right - I WANNA 10" 300 DPI e-reader with the warmlight capability! And hopefully the same type layout as the old Aura One. That was a great e-reader. Don't need the stylus, don't need the bluetooth. USB3 would be nice, better battery life would be nice but I'd trade off battery life for lighter weight.
tschucha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2022, 04:46 PM   #105
Calenorn
Brash Fumbler
Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NST, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Goodereader. Yeah. Spelled "Netronix" wrong. What a hack.
Calenorn is offline   Reply With Quote