Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-25-2019, 06:09 PM   #91
cajunrph
cajunrph began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Oasis 2 & 3, Kobo Forma, Nook Glowlight 3
I pre-ordered as well and have been delayed. I ordered late in the game, on July 10th, but the option for delivery on 7-24 was still available. Amazon's biggest market and they missed the delivery date. That's just unacceptable. And night mode/orange light/what ever you want to call it should have been here long ago. Hell B&N on life support beat Amazon to it years ago. I have a Kobo Forma to make do till it comes in. I just can't read any recently purchased books from Amazon yet. I never noticed the Pulse Modulation dimming of the Kobo. But sure enough it was there when I slowmo videoed it. You can see it while you're videoing.

My shipment says Friday or Saturday. Still doesn't show shipped on the Amazon website. Houston is close by and there's a major DC just west of us a few hours away. Someone messed up somewhere.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
cajunrph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 06:22 PM   #92
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
At a very quick glance at the kernel, I *think* (don't quote me on that, I'm not an engineer) it can technically do both DC & PWM. What they end up doing and in which circumstances (I suppose they could have gone with an hybrid solution?) remains to be seen.

Note that I have absolutely zero issue myself with the PWM approach, and the upsides (more stable color shifts) are actually pretty desirable for this use-case so, eh.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-25-2019, 06:59 PM   #93
positively4th
Enthusiast
positively4th ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.positively4th ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.positively4th ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.positively4th ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.positively4th ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.positively4th ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.positively4th ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.positively4th ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.positively4th ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.positively4th ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.positively4th ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Oasis, Xiaomi Inkpad X, Xiaomi Inkpalm 5
I got my Oasis 3 today. Fortunately, it’s the first time I’ve gotten a frontlit kindle with perfect lighting... this is coming from someone who has had several of each prior iteration of frontlit kindle. It’s excellent, and the warm light is awesome. The bad news is that the device no longer has magnets on the back (only on the front) so my magnetic case from the oasis 2 no longer attaches to the back.
positively4th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 07:21 PM   #94
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cats2books View Post
However, I hope that it doesn’t feel too heavy to hold for long periods. I’m used to the lightness of the Oasis 1. That was the best feature of the old device.
Mine did feel pretty heavy at first, but I got used to it in a few weeks. Now I don't notice the weight at all.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 08:10 PM   #95
Eilene
Eilene began at the beginning.

Device: Eilene Brauner
Quote:
Originally Posted by positively4th View Post
I got my Oasis 3 today. Fortunately, it’s the first time I’ve gotten a frontlit kindle with perfect lighting... this is coming from someone who has had several of each prior iteration of frontlit kindle. It’s excellent, and the warm light is awesome. The bad news is that the device no longer has magnets on the back (only on the front) so my magnetic case from the oasis 2 no longer attaches to the back.
I agree...The screen is great!! Love the lighting!
Eilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-25-2019, 09:03 PM   #96
Scarpad
Addict
Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

are the cases for the 10th gen available now i can't find any on amazon all look like previous gen ones. Do the have one that only half covers the back or do they completely cover now>
Scarpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 09:10 PM   #97
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Libra 2
I received mine today. I had buyer's remorse, but didn't cancel the order because I had already received the cover and didn't want to bother returning it. But now I'm happy. It is a lovely device. I'll enjoy pairing it with Bluetooth and listening to the many Audible books that I own. Love the page turn buttons.
BelleZora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 09:12 PM   #98
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarpad View Post
are the cases for the 10th gen available now i can't find any on amazon all look like previous gen ones. Do the have one that only half covers the back or do they completely cover now>
The 9th generation covers fit the 10th generation Oasis.
BelleZora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 09:19 PM   #99
Pjama
Guru
Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe and Libra Colour
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelleZora View Post
The 9th generation covers fit the 10th generation Oasis.
The new standing cover (non-Amazon) I bought for mine actually doesn’t operate the auto on/off, so I’m sending it back.

———

I got my Oasis, just had a quick look at it, the screen is beautiful, warmer than the last one, even before using the warm light. I have just put the warm light to around 4 and it looks divine. I’m very pleased with it. I think it might actually be 'the one'.
Pjama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 09:34 PM   #100
Scarpad
Addict
Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

would you guys suggest a cover or sleeve, i'd like to keep it light but concerned it might be slippery
Old 07-25-2019, 09:48 PM   #101
JoeC
Addict
JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 and 3, Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjama View Post
The new standing cover (non-Amazon) I bought for mine actually doesn’t operate the auto on/off, so I’m sending it back.

———

I got my Oasis, just had a quick look at it, the screen is beautiful, warmer than the last one, even before using the warm light. I have just put the warm light to around 4 and it looks divine. I’m very pleased with it. I think it might actually be 'the one'.
A MoKo case, purchased on Amazon, that says it's compatible with the 2019 Oasis release doesn't not auto wake either.

The display is beautiful. I look forward to third party sellers figuring out the auto wake feature.
JoeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 09:53 PM   #102
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeC View Post
A MoKo case, purchased on Amazon, that says it's compatible with the 2019 Oasis release doesn't not auto wake either.

The display is beautiful. I look forward to third party sellers figuring out the auto wake feature.
I've had that happen with iPad covers and MoKo has always sent me a replacement for free (after they've corrected the issue) and just told me to keep the old one.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 10:24 PM   #103
JoeC
Addict
JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 and 3, Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
I've had that happen with iPad covers and MoKo has always sent me a replacement for free (after they've corrected the issue) and just told me to keep the old one.
Maybe I will reach out to them. Thanks!
JoeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 10:55 PM   #104
MerdaFit
MerdaFit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.MerdaFit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.MerdaFit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.MerdaFit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.MerdaFit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.MerdaFit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.MerdaFit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.MerdaFit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.MerdaFit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.MerdaFit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.MerdaFit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarpad View Post
The half covers do not work with the Oasis 3. They removed the magnets on the back that hold the cover in place.
MerdaFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 12:02 AM   #105
Scarpad
Addict

I bought a Fintie case always had good luck with them